- Thread starter
- #1
While many oils are changing… AMSOIL Signature Series went UP
Been following all the recent oil reformulations and honestly this one surprised me.
Many oils are being reformulated today, some apparently becoming a little more cost driven. But AMSOIL seems to have gone the other direction with the new 2026 Signature Series.
Here is the old vs new Signature Series 5W-30 that I’ll be using in my 2.0 EcoBoost Maverick:
The 5.3% NOACK and 242°C flash point really got my attention, especially for a turbocharged EcoBoost My Maverick is now around 38K miles and the engine honestly feels better than ever. Strong, smooth and zero reason for me to change what I'm doing.
I have also changed my thinking a little about oil analysis. Blackstone is still my choice for following the long-term wear trend on this engine, because I already have the history there. But Oil Analyzers I may try them
Next experiment: I'm planning to take this new Signature Series formulation to approximately 12,000–13,000 miles, assuming everything remains normal, then send another sample for UOA.
So... we'll have some real data instead of just arguing about oil on the internet Probably 10 months from now. I'll update this same thread with the results. Cheers
I wanted to share my latest Blackstone report and a little background on this truck.
This is one of the early 2025 Maverick 2.0 EcoBoost MPC engines produced before Ford started adding the GPF. The truck currently has 32,092 miles, so in my opinion the engine is still relatively new and just finishing its break-in period.
Oil history:
Current results:
What I find most interesting is that this engine is still very young at only 32k miles. Wear metals remain low, oil condition remains strong, and the trend continues to improve with mileage.
For anyone interested in long-term ownership of the 2.0 EcoBoost, I think this is a useful real-world data point.
My goal is to keep this truck for a very long time, and so far the results have been extremely encouraging.
Been following all the recent oil reformulations and honestly this one surprised me.
Many oils are being reformulated today, some apparently becoming a little more cost driven. But AMSOIL seems to have gone the other direction with the new 2026 Signature Series.
Here is the old vs new Signature Series 5W-30 that I’ll be using in my 2.0 EcoBoost Maverick:
AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30 | Previous | New 2026 |
| Viscosity @ 100°C | 10.3 cSt | 10.5 cSt |
| Viscosity Index | 162 | 165 |
| CCS @ -30°C | 3968 cP | 3791 cP |
| Flash Point | 220°C | 242°C |
| NOACK Volatility | 6.7% | 5.3% |
| HTHS | 3.11 | 3.0 |
| TBN | 12.5 | 10.4 |
| API / ILSAC | SP / GF-6A | SQ / GF-7A |
I have also changed my thinking a little about oil analysis. Blackstone is still my choice for following the long-term wear trend on this engine, because I already have the history there. But Oil Analyzers I may try them
Next experiment: I'm planning to take this new Signature Series formulation to approximately 12,000–13,000 miles, assuming everything remains normal, then send another sample for UOA.
So... we'll have some real data instead of just arguing about oil on the internet Probably 10 months from now. I'll update this same thread with the results. Cheers
I wanted to share my latest Blackstone report and a little background on this truck.
This is one of the early 2025 Maverick 2.0 EcoBoost MPC engines produced before Ford started adding the GPF. The truck currently has 32,092 miles, so in my opinion the engine is still relatively new and just finishing its break-in period.
Oil history:
- 495 miles
- 4,005 miles
- 8,002 miles
- 10,580 miles (current sample
Current results:
- 10,580 miles on oil
- TBN: 4.2
- TAN: 4.5
- Fuel dilution: <0.5%
- Flashpoint: 440°F
- Insolubles: 0.1%
- Iron: 8 ppm
- Aluminum: 5 ppm
- Copper: 2 ppm
What I find most interesting is that this engine is still very young at only 32k miles. Wear metals remain low, oil condition remains strong, and the trend continues to improve with mileage.
For anyone interested in long-term ownership of the 2.0 EcoBoost, I think this is a useful real-world data point.
My goal is to keep this truck for a very long time, and so far the results have been extremely encouraging.
Sponsored
Attachments
-
70.9 KB Views: 159
-
3.4 MB Views: 28
-
655.2 KB Views: 22
Last edited:
