Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverickman 74 you do realize the Maverick is unibody and not body on frame, right.

The Mav shares a platform with the bronco sport not the bronco, which shares a frame with a ranger.
Which is why I posted pics of a unibody Maverick and a Unibody Mustang II on 4x4 truck frames. A unibody car is nothing more than a body on frame car with extra structure built into it, typically stamped front and rear "subframe rails" and extra strenght in the pillars and roof. These 2 things give you a strong place to mount suspension and drivetrain as well as overall the overall structural strength to survive without a frame(essentially a backbone). For a 4x4 swap the subframe rails give you a great attachment point to a traditional 4x4 ladder frame. Then the stronger body structure give you more strength incase of a rollover or other crash. Less of a roll cage is needed when using a modern unibody for the swap.

The number 1 rule of metal cars. Anything is possible.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I'd probably go with a 10 - 12 inch lift... for when the big storms come.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP has like 6 total posts. Comes in asking about 6-8" lift? Sounds like troll post.

RandyJMadsen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid First Addition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to remember, the lift dosen't affect the mileage at all. The bigger tires that you will inevitably get with the lift is what kills the mileage. You can lift a unibody vehicle fairly inexpensively. There is a company that sells a 4" lift for the 88-91 honda civics. Personally I wouldn't consider lifting a hybrid. But hey... different strokes for different folks 🤷‍♂️
Unfortunately any type of lift you add whether keeping the stock wheels/ tires Orr not will effect mileage. If it changes the aerodynamics of the vehicle it will effect the mileage.

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately any type of lift you add whether keeping the stock wheels/ tires Orr not will effect mileage. If it changes the aerodynamics of the vehicle it will effect the mileage.
A few post below this I did correct myself. It will affect the mileage but, it but it would be so minimal that in the real world most of us wouldn't notice the maybe 1 mpg difference. Due to the added .000476 to our drag coefficient. If I am wrong please state you sources or give some kind of reference. I will gladly admit when I am wrong bit I doubt there is sufficient proof of this.

Sponsored

RandyJMadsen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few post below this I did correct myself. It will affect the mileage but, it but it would be so minimal that in the real world most of us wouldn't notice the maybe 1 mpg difference. Due to the added .000476 to our drag coefficient. If I am wrong please state you sources or give some kind of reference. I will gladly admit when I am wrong bit I doubt there is sufficient proof of this.
Hey bro, no big Beal at all. I based my response on Personel experience with two Super duty’s I own. A 2019 Lariat ultimate and 2022 F-450 Platinum. My Lariat only has a 2” BDS level with fox adjustable shocks and air bags. At stock height with stock wheels and tires it gets 24 mpg, I achieved this by deleting my truck and running a PPEI tune with an ezlink, just lifting it keeping stock where and tires I lost 5.8 mpg while waiting for high speed balance on wheels and tires.
I agree the maverick will not see as big of difference but it will definitely effect it.

Attachments

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, you do have some experience, a lift on stock tires. It just irritates me when people insert "facts" with no background or real world information. Almos 6 mpgs is the worst I've heard, I have typically seen a 1 maybe 2 mpg difference. As I requested you stated your source and I respect that and will keep that in mind while adding my 2 cents. 👍

RandyJMadsen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, you do have some experience, a lift on stock tires. It just irritates me when people insert "facts" with no background or real world information. Almos 6 mpgs is the worst I've heard, I have typically seen a 1 maybe 2 mpg difference. As I requested you stated your source and I respect that and will keep that in mind while adding my 2 cents. 👍
Yeah man, have a great day!
Enjoy your Maverick, I love mine!
I wish there were more mods available
for Hybrids but I ordered it for a daily driver.

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm with you man, from my decades of off-roading around Texas, it's hardly worth lifting a truck if you can't get at least 35" tires under it. 33"'s will leave you stuck in the mud at Shilo Ridge, or bashing and breaking your undercarriage against the rocks at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area.
I would not felt much better driving this farm road to the coast with a 2.5" lift and 245/65 tires in the video below:

Last edited:

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm with you man, from my decades of off-roading around Texas, it's hardly worth lifting a truck if you can't get at least 35" tires under it. 33"'s will leave you stuck in the mud at Shilo Ridge, or bashing and breaking your undercarriage against the rocks at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area.
I would not felt much better driving this farm road to the coast with a 2.5" lift and 245/65 tires in the video below:
That may be true of modern trucks or longer trucks. But 33 superswampers will take any CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, FSJ, EB, Scout, early Ranger, BroncoII and other swb 4x4 pretty much anywhere. Sure I have been stuck, but never called for help except once in 2wd E150 on 235/75s.

Of course non of this applies to a Maverick, however I could see 1 way the Maverick could be built in a serious way. Strip the drivetrain, buy transfer case and fords electric crate motor. Then just pick up any number of independent or solid axle suspension subframes for the front and graft em in. Then fill the under rear seat and extra engine bay space with batteries and there you go. Shouldnt cost more than about $35k which in the world of guys spending rediculous money on big ass purple wheels and low profile boggers, its not that bad.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve seen it, doesn’t look that bad in velocity blue.
Ford Maverick 6" - 8" Lift Kit for Mavericks? 563180E1-2FA7-4A6B-AA2B-33D49ECC1EE5

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never say never. I can make the case for a descent offroading Maverick. It's not going to be for everyone, but offroad enthusiasts and teenagers inheriting Dad's truck, they'll get the Maverick aftermarket going.
Yes to all y'all's points, there are many obstacles, and better vehicles to start with, but I'd point to a few examples of why I say that. Jeep Cherokees, Ford Explorers, Toyota Lancruisers, 4Runners , are the same unibody construction, yet have a huge aftermarket to get them up and capable. In the 90's all of us with solid axles scoffed at the IFS, but here we are today jacking up all the IFS half ton trucks. I will concede I've never seen a lifted Ford Sport Trac...but:
I'm even going to make a case that the gear reduction problems could be addressed better in a hybrid for two reasons: 1) the electric motor has more torque off the line to eliminate the weakness gas power has getting tall tires going 2) With a CVT transmission you may be able to re-program rather than re-gear.
Re-gearing trucks is tricky and most lifted trucks you see don't even try, and just sacrifice the gas mileage and low end torque.
So yea, I'm pretty bummed the hybrid isn't available in AWD...currently...
The 2"- 2.5" coil spacer lifts are not realy perfromance enhancers and only help you fit bigger tires and increase ground clearance, but sacrifice suspension travel. They're the most basic and least beneficial kits as far as lifts go. Sooner or later somebody will come out with some extended A-arms and adjustable coil over shocks (King, Fox, etc.) to get a 4-6" lift with 35"s, and after these trucks live out their warranties and get handed down to teenagers, we'll start seeing extended chromoly axle shafts (CV joints) that allow for A-arm drops that get tire sizes up to 40", and maybe a few years down the line solid axle swaps.

rch75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somebody mentioned "Katy People", well here's my place in Katy holding my Tahoe with a 4"+2" lift on 35"'s down to the frame. I'd agree with you about 33"'s north of the Coastal Plains, but down here you can get any tire size stuck if you're not careful and especially on flat ground.
That may be true of modern trucks or longer trucks. But 33 superswampers will take any CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ, MJ, ZJ, FSJ, EB, Scout, early Ranger, BroncoII and other swb 4x4 pretty much anywhere. Sure I have been stuck, but never called for help except once in 2wd E150 on 235/75s.
Ford Maverick 6" - 8" Lift Kit for Mavericks? Tahoe on 35s stuck
Sponsored

Attachments