First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd probably go with a 10 - 12 inch lift... for when the big storms come.
speaking of, who offers a snorkel kit yet?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Somebody mentioned "Katy People", well here's my place in Katy holding my Tahoe with a 4"+2" lift on 35"'s down to the frame. I'd agree with you about 33"'s north of the Coastal Plains, but down here you can get any tire size stuck if you're not careful and especially on flat ground.

Tahoe on 35s stuck.jpg
Judging by that gap between the body and frame. I would say you had a 2" suspension lift and a 4" body lift could be the other way around I suppose. Body lift does nothing for your frame height. But still, you are talking about mild lifted full sized rig. I get it but weight killed ya there, put 6" of lift on any of the models I mentioned and some 33s and it probably would have done better. I lost all my old pics on a tossed computer but but I had a CJ5 with 6" of spring lift and a 360 on 33x14 boggers. It went every where, 3ft deep into rivers, kentucky mountain horse trail(that I followed dirt bikes up), I even had it on the highway at 80+ mph and did not die horribly. But that thing was light and it had power. I spent some time in it in flood plain field in ohio river valleys(vast loose mud similar to what your talking about) yeah I would get stuck a time or 2 but mostly because I slowed down. Never slow down when mud is around, unless there is a tree.

Nice blazer though!

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is how I see it in my head more or less

15864673_large.jpg
This truck does not have IFS IRS. you can not do this with a maverick. The lift is limited by the cv angles.
If someone made portal axles you could lift it more but that may never happen.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This truck does not have IFS IRS. you can not do this with a maverick. The lift is limited by the cv angles.
If someone made portal axles you could lift it more but that may never happen.
While your point is correct. It does look like that is actually a heavily dropped TTB suspension which is independent by definition. Its hard to tell. Either it is a heavily trussed solid axle(the rear isnt shy why would it be extra trussed unless its a small D30 and the rear is a stout 8.8) or its a dropped TTB.

The real limiter on the Maverick design is the transaxle transmission style. To have an effective long travel IFS(the rear would be easy) a Tony Stark level "mechanic" could create a drop box that turns the front CVs into a stub flange, which would then be portal dropped lower and inboard underneath the transaxle. Which would make the CVs lower and significantly longer allowing for more travel arc. It would require atleast 8" to 10" of lift. Aswell as suffer, like portals, from high speed reliability.

I say just wait 10 years buy dead battery hybrid for $1500 and drop it on a rollover salvage sasquatch chassis you bought for $4000. Just dont forget the Yosimite Sam mudflaps!

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
speaking of, who offers a snorkel kit yet?
I'm interested in this, but despite seeing prototype pictures of it, so far no dice.
Sponsored