Sponsored

6" - 8" Lift Kit for Mavericks?

Zain1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
So what's everyone's opinion on 6" - 8" lift kits (for hybrids?). Will it ever be available? Will it take a few years?

I do see it taking at least a year or two but maybe somebody is already working on it and they will see this post. :)
Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
due to design, i dont see this being a DIY project..
it does not have a separate frame like most trucks that allows you some easier lift by using spacers between the body and frame. the suspension design will not allow you to lift it that high either. not saying it cant be done but it will be an extensive project.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This would be extremely expensive and problematic. I don’t advise this for anyone to do without tons of cash to throw away. I have to ask, why on earth would you raise a hybrid 6-8 inches? You’re mileage would be shit. If things even work given the power distribution issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chase_GHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4, C4 Corvette
That would require an entirely new suspension, arms and all, and driveline components too. It would be a really expensive endevour for what would mostly be a cosmetic modification. With the factory AWD set up it will never be a particularly potent off roader.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is how I see it in my head more or less

15864673_large.jpg
So you're gonna go to all that effort and expense to end up with a front wheel drive, hybrid, unibody mall crawler. What's the point? The modifications on the truck in your photo improve its capability for off-road adventures. Your hybrid Maverick with similar mods (if it's even possible) would create nothing but a poser. At least start your project with an AWD ecoboost model, then the modifications might result in some level of improved capability.

OP
OP

Zain1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
due to design, i dont see this being a DIY project..
it does not have a separate frame like most trucks that allows you some easier lift by using spacers between the body and frame. the suspension design will not allow you to lift it that high either. not saying it cant be done but it will be an extensive project.
No doubt, this won't be a DIY type of modification and I have no doubt it will be expensive.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife says 2" is enough....

But honestly 6-8" is changing the geometry a lot. Easier done when you have a body and frame. Not so easy when you have to lift the suspension on unibody.

Not saying it can't be done. But there probably won't be any kits out there anytime soon. Or ever. So you'll have to probably fab up yourself. And there will be trial and error. And a lot of broken CV boots.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The mods would cost significantly more than the purchase price of the truck

Not sure why you’d even be thinking about it

Real question though, why?

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mods would cost significantly more than the purchase price of the truck

Not sure why you’d even be thinking about it

Real question though, why?
Brian, its because he's in katy. you know how those katy people are!!:cool:

OP
OP

Zain1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you're gonna go to all that effort and expense to end up with a front wheel drive, hybrid, unibody mall crawler. What's the point? The modifications on the truck in your photo improve its capability for off-road adventures. Your hybrid Maverick with similar mods (if it's even possible) would create nothing but a poser. At least start your project with an AWD ecoboost model, then the modifications might result in some level of improved capability.
I like the look and besides I've never been one to go off-roading, I guess I am a poser.
Me wanting a lift stems from some the floods we get down here in Texas and Houston's bad storm drain system, I really don't want to have to stop and wait until the streets drain

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh snap didn’t notice you were in Katy too

Ive driven nothing but lowered vehicles since 2005 (my daily wasn’t lowered at the time) and I’ve never had any issues with water outside of the big flood events (and that was only trying to help others)
So I don’t get that argument

A two inch lift with 31’s will give you enough of the look

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost