stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the look and besides I've never been one to go off-roading, I guess I am a poser.
Me wanting a lift stems from some the floods we get down here in Texas and Houston's bad storm drain system, I really don't want to have to stop and wait until the streets drain
You're also significantly negating the primary benefit of the hybrid. I lived in Houston for 5yrs, I'm not understanding how a lift is really going to help you in the noted situation. I'm sure you can find someone who will fab something together for you, but that would be quite the investment for a look. You would have been better off starting with a totally different platform.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I imagine it would wreak havoc with the adaptive cruise control sensor and other safety stuff. (above and beyond killing the beauty and purpose of a small, efficient truck). In all seriousness, if you want a rugged-looking off roader there's an entire world of Jeep and Tacoma aftermarket parts and knowledge out there.

But if you must, remember -- for every trailblazer that discovers a new world, know that there are usually lot of dead bodies to stop over first.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
But honestly 6-8" is changing the geometry a lot. Easier done when you have a body and frame. Not so easy when you have to lift the suspension on unibody.
The axles won't be long enough and might not even work at that angle. We're talking about custom mounting the engine and transmission here.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Okay yall are looking at this all wrong. We just need to wait for the Bronco to go hybrid. Then the kit is there already designed and tested. A standard Base 4 door Bronco frame would be a perfect swap. The wheelbase is 4 inches shorter so the only real mods would be to lengthen the frame, driveshaft, fuel and brake lines, and maybe some wiring extensions. A unibody swap onto a frame is nothing new and can be done pretty well. Its also some precedent as this orange one was done for Top Gear I believe. Honestly after selling off the Bronco body and the Maverick drivetrain, I think its possible that this swap could be done for less than $20k. Which does sound like alot, but it is not alot more than what some folks will put into a big 4x4, once you factor in, 22s, grumper front ends, giant bumpers, $10k shocks, and all that stuff. You could also trade some of the Bronco parts for take off Badlands shocks. Aside from windows, light, and locks the only thing you have to worry about getting to work in the Maverick is the screens and Im sure the programming language and connector designs are similar enough to run off the Bronco chassis brains.

Ford Maverick 6" - 8" Lift Kit for Mavericks? OMd9_egHaFj?w=279&h=209&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick 6" - 8" Lift Kit for Mavericks? kbn4YdwAAAA?w=201&h=148&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

Sponsored

Whatcolortochoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverickman 74 you do realize the Maverick is unibody and not body on frame, right.

The Mav shares a platform with the bronco sport not the bronco, which shares a frame with a ranger.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay yall are looking at this all wrong. We just need to wait for the Bronco to go hybrid. Then the kit is there already designed and tested. A standard Base 4 door Bronco frame would be a perfect swap. The wheelbase is 4 inches shorter so the only real mods would be to lengthen the frame, driveshaft, fuel and brake lines, and maybe some wiring extensions. A unibody swap onto a frame is nothing new and can be done pretty well. Its also some precedent as this orange one was done for Top Gear I believe. Honestly after selling off the Bronco body and the Maverick drivetrain, I think its possible that this swap could be done for less than $20k. Which does sound like alot, but it is not alot more than what some folks will put into a big 4x4, once you factor in, 22s, grumper front ends, giant bumpers, $10k shocks, and all that stuff. You could also trade some of the Bronco parts for take off Badlands shocks. Aside from windows, light, and locks the only thing you have to worry about getting to work in the Maverick is the screens and Im sure the programming language and connector designs are similar enough to run off the Bronco chassis brains.

OMd9_egHaFj?w=279&h=209&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
kbn4YdwAAAA?w=201&h=148&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
Yeah that's the ticket! Full on Monster truck Mav! :eek:

FordChauffeur

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition Limited EL
So what's everyone's opinion on 6" - 8" lift kits (for hybrids?). Will it ever be available? Will it take a few years?

I do see it taking at least a year or two but maybe somebody is already working on it and they will see this post. :)
Why would you do anything that could void the manufacturers warranty? They look very closely at warranty claim and even the tiniest modification will void the warranty. I definitely wouldn't chance it.

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to remember, the lift dosen't affect the mileage at all. The bigger tires that you will inevitably get with the lift is what kills the mileage. You can lift a unibody vehicle fairly inexpensively. There is a company that sells a 4" lift for the 88-91 honda civics. Personally I wouldn't consider lifting a hybrid. But hey... different strokes for different folks 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Aonarch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
You have tp remember, the lift dosen't affect the mileage at all. The bigger tires that you will inevitably get with the lift is what kills the mileage. You can lift a unibody vehicle fairly inexpensively. There is a company that sells a 4" lift for the 88-91 honda civics. Personally I wouldn't consider lifting a hybrid. But hey... different strokes for different folks 🤷‍♂️
Have you never heard of aerodynamics?

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you never heard of aerodynamics?
The wind resistance under the vehicle makes an overall minimal impact on MPGs I've owned several lifted vehicles and run oversized tires on all of my vehicles. From my experience the tires will account for about 97.63% of gas mileage impact on a lifted or modified vehicle. I also had a few lowered vehicles with oversized tires and the MPGs were still less than stock on that setup. That was with driving with gas mileage in mind, most of the time

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wind resistance under the vehicle makes an overall minimal impact on MPGs I've owned several lifted vehicles and run oversized tires on all of my vehicles. From my experience the tires will account for about 97.63% of gas mileage impact on a lifted or modified vehicle. I also had a few lowered vehicles with oversized tires and the MPGs were still less than stock on that setup. That was with driving with gas mileage in mind, most of the time
You will ultimately expose more of the tire to wind resistance when lifting. But like you said, bigger tires are the majority.
Sponsored