Different time for sure and I would never attempt something like that today at all. Call a wrecker and let them handle it, or at the very least, get a tow dolly.
They’ re only different times of we let them be :-) don’t give up your freedom without a little resistance.
Had to check out the 28ish foot enclosed trailer weight. Can’t tow it anymore. It tipped the scale at 5,300lbs.
It felt nice and steady down the road and braking wasn’t noticeably worse than 4,000lb tows.
So this week I went and bought an 18’ enclosed trailer that’s 18’ long and only 2,800lbs.
I’m highly disappointed to report the DA in Texas City decided to drop the case after reviewing the body cam footage and dash cam footage “in the name of justice”.
I got around to filing a request for a copy of the films and rather than send me a copy they watched them and dropped my case.
I...
I’ll be honest about something else: I don’t believe the officer even knows what kind of “towing device” I used. I think she wrote the ticket without even looking.
I think part of my trial should involve having the officer explain what the towing device was. If she can’t answer that, maybe her...
Had no idea who I was backing up to when I saw the Cherokee broke down in the middle lane. I woulda offered to tow ‘em off the freeway no matter who they were. Hope all the men driving Mavericks would do the same.
Some car’s dead in the middle lane of I-45 with no shoulders on an overpass and causing a traffic jam likely to lead to additional rear endings. Turns out to be an elderly driver in 90* weather in a dead Cherokee…
No Sir, those are just the traffic lights to get under the freeway to the first...
I got the brakes with hundreds of other I-45 commuters in a traffic jam pulling around a broken down Cherokee in the middle lane. I just pulled around in front of her and pulled the little frightened 80 year old lady off the highway. No shoulders. Like unclogging a toilet. No officers, no tow...
DA offered $300 deferred adjudication…
DA “Sir you’re charged with unsafe towing, what would you like to do with these charges?”
“I’d like a jury of my peers to convict me of towing an 80 year old lady out of the middle of I-45 on a 90* day.”
“See the lady’s in the window outside for a court...
Here’s a video of where I came up on the traffic jam that was splitting around the broken down Jeep Cherokee in the center lane. Note: there’s no shoulders on either side thanks to road construction.
It also tracks the path I took it on to get to Buc’ee’s. Yes it’s a couple miles, but it’s also...
I carry a harbor, freight tools, bed extender for long loads. It packs nicely in the bed sandwiched between the truck box and the tailgate as shown in the picture. It works perfectly with the Home Depot Husky box designed for Toyota Tacoma pick ups to squeeze in the space above the wheel well. I...