First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may be a dumb question but I'm assuming both of those outlets only have power when the vehicle is ON and running, correct?
Yes
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not mount the inverter behind the cubby cover where you put the outlets and tie into the provided 12v power pigtail provided with the truck? The behind seat idea is a good one but must be a bit more complicated wiring job no?

OP
OP
Mas280

Mas280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not mount the inverter behind the cubby cover where you put the outlets and tie into the provided 12v power pigtail provided with the truck? The behind seat idea is a good one but must be a bit more complicated wiring job no?
I wanted to mount the inverter away from the water to keep it safe and the power that's already there is very can not support the inverter.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to mount the inverter away from the water to keep it safe and the power that's already there is very can not support the inverter.
Makes sense. So what did you tap into and how/where did you run the wiring?

OP
OP
Mas280

Mas280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran the power the the fuse box and added a fuse.

Sponsored

Sponsored

teamster02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my Maverick XLT (not here yet) was ordered with the 110v in the cab, but not the bed. Has anyone tapped into the existing 400w inverter and run it to the bed?
I have the same setup. I wonder if it would be better to run this one off the the factory 12v wiring in the bed as opposed to tapping into the one in the cab? In case you want to use both at once, I see less of a potential to overload the outlet.

HiHo_Silver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same setup. I wonder if it would be better to run this one off the the factory 12v wiring in the bed as opposed to tapping into the one in the cab? In case you want to use both at once, I see less of a potential to overload the outlet.
If you tap off the 12v you will need another inverter to achieve 110v. I think tapping into the existing inverter would be cheaper.

If you want a second inverter, I would think it would be better on the other side in the bed cubby for protection from road elements.

eatinginternet

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did a little digging, found the inverter for sale on Ford parts. Part number is either 19A464 or 19G317. Also found one of the 120V outlets, but without a picture can't tell if it's for the inside one or bed. Part number 19N236. I have an interior 120 but reeaaally want the OEM bed option, I didn't know mine would come without it. Will keep looking

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I previously posted that I looked at the positive side of the battery being under the seat in the HYBRID models. It will prolong the life of the battery and although we lose some space, Hybrid owners have a much better option for a DIY 400w inverter. From the beginning I planned on installing an inverter and connect it directly to the battery. Probably find an area behind the seat for the inverter and run wires to battery. I'll decide when I get my Maverick if I will run the proper wiring to the bed or other areas for additional outlets. As the 12v battery on the EB models is under the hood, it would be more difficult to properly wire it to an inverter.

I'll add that I am not an expert but I think Ford offered a 400w inverter and not 500 or 600w for a reason. Somebody on this form (preferably an expert) can investigate the Alternator output on the EB models and the 12v converter used on the Hybrid models to give us an answer to what size inverter can and should be used within the guidelines of the 12v output source that supplies the inverter. What I am saying is there is an engineering side to installing an inverter beyond the factory 400 watts so you don't damage the charging system on your Maverick. It should be mentioned that there are different types of inverters. A $40 inverter on eBay is not the same as the inverter FORD is installing from the factory.

Last edited:

eatinginternet

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I previously posted that I looked at the positive side of the battery being under the seat in the HYBRID models. It will prolong the life of the battery and although we lose some space, Hybrid owners have a much better option for a DIY 400w inverter. From the beginning I planned on installing an inverter and connect it directly to the battery. Probably find an area behind the seat for the inverter and run wires to battery. I'll decide when I get my Maverick if I will run the proper wiring to the bed or other areas for additional outlets. As the 12v battery on the EB models is under the hood, it would be more difficult to properly wire it to an inverter.

I'll add that I am not an expert but I think Ford offered a 400w inverter and not 500 or 600w for a reason. Somebody on this form (preferably an expert) can investigate the Alternator output on the EB models and the 12v converter used on the Hybrid models to give us an answer to what size inverter can and should be used within the guidelines of the 12v output source that supplies the inverter. What I am saying is there is an engineering side to installing an inverter beyond the factory 400 watts so you don't damage the charging system on your Maverick. It should be mentioned that there are different types of inverters. A $40 inverter on eBay is not the same as the inverter FORD is installing from the factory.
You should be able to run any size inverter that your battery can handle. If the inverter is too large then it draws from the battery instead of completely from the alternator. Of course this would max out the charging capabilities of the alternator but for short periods of time it should be able to handle it. If you're afraid you can always run the inverter off the battery alone and then charge it when it gets low with the alternator. That being said, 600W is perfectly fine for just about any stock alternator on a modern car, I would feel comfortable going up to 1000W with a direct battery connection without electrical modifications. 400W was definitely a cost / use based decision rather than an engineering limitation. Also, don't discount those Chinese inverters, some are quite good! We were using a 10 year old 160W one to power a 400W test set a week ago at my work and it handled it like a champ. It had a thermal shutoff after about 10 minutes of use but that's all we needed.
Sponsored