First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know how to install the outlet? I have a Maverick XLT with the 2.0L AWD options and tow. Do I need to install an inverter or does the DIY stuff already have it set up from the factory? I've been trying to figure it out but I can't find anything on it.
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Does anyone know how to install the outlet? I have a Maverick XLT with the 2.0L AWD options and tow. Do I need to install an inverter or does the DIY stuff already have it set up from the factory? I've been trying to figure it out but I can't find anything on it.
it really depends on what you're planning on running off of the 110 outlet, you may be able to run it off of one of the 12v leads provided if you're planning on running something small like an air compressor. What are you planning on using it for? Also, I don't think factory inverter wiring exists to just run an inverter off of.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You need an inverter. Buy it based on your needs a small 400 watt unit could go in the bed cubby and run off the pre wired 12v. If you need bigger you can mount it behind the rear seat and find a larger guage 12v wired source or run your own from the fuse box. Then run 110v to the bed from there. There are nice OEM inverters you can but from various car manufacturer parts department and retrofit for a factory look. There is a good thread already on that one. Or you can find everything you need cheap on amazon, just beware of inverter quality and read the reviews.

I dont want to drain my system and will be getting a bed topper and making my own battery and inverter in a box setup. Fully run off a solar panel to keep my fridge freezer ice cold.

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
You need an inverter. Buy it based on your needs a small 400 watt unit could go in the bed cubby and run off the pre wired 12v. If you need bigger you can mount it behind the rear seat and find a larger guage 12v wired source or run your own from the fuse box. Then run 110v to the bed from there. There are nice OEM inverters you can but from various car manufacturer parts department and retrofit for a factory look. There is a good thread already on that one. Or you can find everything you need cheap on amazon, just beware of inverter quality and read the reviews.

I dont want to drain my system and will be getting a bed topper and making my own battery and inverter in a box setup. Fully run off a solar panel to keep my fridge freezer ice cold.
A 400 watt inverter is not recommended for the 12v in the rear. The 12 v connections in the rear of the bed are rated at 20 amps and a 400 watt inverter is rated at over 30.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A 400 watt inverter is not recommended for the 12v in the rear. The 12 v connections in the rear of the bed are rated at 20 amps and a 400 watt inverter is rated at over 30.
Weak. If i cant have 1000watts of rear facing led light bars whats the point?

Yeah I think I am gonna do a stand alone system.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Weak. If i cant have 1000watts of rear facing led light bars whats the point?

Yeah I think I am gonna do a stand alone system.
1000 Watts would be 83 Amps, that is a lot of heat, you had better have some heavy wiring for that.
Sponsored