2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
E="KenC, post: 27280, member: 1348"]
Thanks for sharing. I really wanted an orange colored Vehicle as I miss my burnt orange Honda Element, but this is Yellow.
[/QUOTE]
Still rocking my 5 speed manual Element in Sunburst Orange. What do u think of hot pepper red ? Wish it had more orange, we are pretty close to pushing the button on Cactus grey -
Sponsored

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Still loving the Cyber Orange. Really hope it sticks around a few years and isn't cancelled for lack of sales.

The fuel economy is SICK for the EcoBoost. If the 22/29 figure is to be believed for the AWD model, I bet the FWD one will crest 30 highway. FWD with 4K tow might be the way to go for me!
You can't have 4k towing with FWD, that is restricted to awd only.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
E="KenC, post: 27280, member: 1348"]
Thanks for sharing. I really wanted an orange colored Vehicle as I miss my burnt orange Honda Element, but this is Yellow.
Still rocking my 5 speed manual Element in Sunburst Orange. What do u think of hot pepper red ? Wish it had more orange, we are pretty close to pushing the button on Cactus grey -
[/QUOTE]
The Honda Element is by far the best vehicle I ever owned and completely regret trading it in for a Saturn Sky. It was a stupid move but I got caught up in the mesmerizing look of the Sky. I have seen the Hot Pepper Red in person on a Ranger and it looks good, but I think it is too red for me. Looks good though. I'm 98% sure I'm going with Cactus Grey but a part of me wants more color. Cactus Gray really threw me for a loop in person, as it didn't appear to have any green undertone. It is a unique color that does not seem to show up properly in photos. Change the environment and Cactus Gray also changes its hue. The only reason I have a 2% chance of changing color is that the rear bumper and plastic from the side seem to be amplified by the contrast where as a darker color seems to blend the bumper and side trim more.

Ford Maverick 4 Pics & 3 interesting items from Maverick visit -- Active grille shutters. 33mpg from AWD 2.0L ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-3

Ford Maverick 4 Pics & 3 interesting items from Maverick visit -- Active grille shutters. 33mpg from AWD 2.0L Carbonized Gray Maverick Lariat 5

Last edited:

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
You can't have 4k towing with FWD, that is restricted to awd only.
2.0T/FWD/4K is an available configuration on the 2022 Ford Maverick.

FX4, obviously, is AWD only.

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s widely accepted that Ford is under rating the mpg due to past lawsuits. We won’t know for sure till we get the things in the hands of real world customers.
I almost wish Ford would once again overestimate MPGs as I received about $1200 in 'Sorry, we goofed' apology cash on the C-Max.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Honda Element is by far the best vehicle I ever owned and completely regret trading it in for a Saturn Sky. It was a stupid move but I got caught up in the mesmerizing look of the Sky. I have seen the Hot Pepper Red in person on a Ranger and it looks good, but I think it is too red for me. Looks good though. I'm 98% sure I'm going with Cactus Grey but a part of me wants more color. Cactus Gray really threw me for a loop in person, as it didn't appear to have any green undertone. It is a unique color that does not seem to show up properly in photos. Change the environment and Cactus Gray also changes its hue. The only reason I have a 2% chance of changing color is that the rear bumper and plastic from the side seem to be amplified by the contrast where as a darker color seems to blend the bumper and side trim more.

ford-maverick-spied-with-bed-cap-topper-3.jpg

Carbonized Gray Maverick Lariat 5.jpg

[/QUOTE]

We have seen both the Ranger and Bronco in person with Cactus Grey - tons of pictures online make the Maverick G/G look a shade lighter but who knows. HPR looks nice but a bit too red to live with full time. Remind me of Big red chewing gum color. Wish it was more orange -)

Deleted member 1370

I personally like somewhat hopping up in to a truck. Maybe its a mental thing or a habit thing. But I understand with the unibody design and based off of crossover SUV design it wouldnt be that way. Wont sway me from my already 07/16 order i put in at all. Just a new thing to get used too. Ive never driven a crossover or vehicle i didnt have to hop into or bend down into like a lower car. Still interesting and good to see though it has about a foot of ground clearance.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I saw the car my first comment to the trainer was that pics do not do it justice. For me it was orange. The color does not translate well in pics.
Def not orange at all, still a good looking color though. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Maverick 4 Pics & 3 interesting items from Maverick visit -- Active grille shutters. 33mpg from AWD 2.0L thumbnail_20210714_131936

Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Thanks for sharing. I've seen other posts also mentioning Ecoboost getting over 30mpg and I really wish this had been more widely known before I ordered the hybrid in July. A truck that gets comparable fuel efficiency to my dinky Chevy Spark? Sign me up!
If you plan on keeping this vehicle over 130k miles, you'll most likely be pleased with the Hybrid as the 2.0 has interesting design with potential quirks. https://tuningpro.co/ford-2-0-ecoboost-engine-problems/
It comes down to how you plan to use the Maverick and how long you plan to keep it.
I'm very excited about the platform and it's capabilities!!
I'm hoping for an AWD Hybrid!

Last edited:

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I learned that the trainer had come to Austin (8-9-21) in the evening. In looking at the pictures posted by "mrboom_5.0" I recognized the dealership as the same one that I ordered from. So Tuesday morning I went there to find out what other dealership he was scheduled to be at in town only to find that he had left Austin and would not be back until Friday. He said I could se it then and he kept his word.

I do not wish to go over what has already been said but simply relay a couple of things that are a bit different.

1. I have a Honda Insight as my Daily driver and also a Toyota Sequoia. The Insight I have to fall down into and climb up to extract myself from it. The Sequoia I have to climb up into and climb down. to get out of. To get into and out of the Maverick I just sit down and stand up. I am 5'9" and the process is totally effortless.

2. In looking at the front grill, the radiator seems massive and exposed to rocks etc. Upon inquiring I found out that there are louvers that open and shut according to the required temp. They close on starting the Maverick so the engine gets to operating temp quicker. He also showed me that there were bugs on the louvers but the radiator was absolutely spotless. That means they are partially open during operation to duct air properly and to protect the radiator a the same time.

This may be old news to many of you but I found the detail of this fascinating. But it makes me wonder how many other small details there are like this that are put in the category of not worth mentioning.

3. He also showed me the mpg usage, it was 32.9. THIS WAS AN AWD VEHICLE 2.0 Ecoboost. It is probably fully broken in knowing the territory he covers. But it makes me wonder if there is a real advantage in waiting for the hybrid? But if you do a lot of in-town driving, that 20%-25% approx. savings can add up.

The interior build is durable. I actually like the hard plastic because it is textured and has a quality feel to it, more like a non-padded hard leather. I think we are al going to find this vehicle to be like an easter egg with its unexpected small pleasures. The wait will be worth it.

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 1.jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 .jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 3.jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4.jpg
I learned that the trainer had come to Austin (8-9-21) in the evening. In looking at the pictures posted by "mrboom_5.0" I recognized the dealership as the same one that I ordered from. So Tuesday morning I went there to find out what other dealership he was scheduled to be at in town only to find that he had left Austin and would not be back until Friday. He said I could se it then and he kept his word.

I do not wish to go over what has already been said but simply relay a couple of things that are a bit different.

1. I have a Honda Insight as my Daily driver and also a Toyota Sequoia. The Insight I have to fall down into and climb up to extract myself from it. The Sequoia I have to climb up into and climb down. to get out of. To get into and out of the Maverick I just sit down and stand up. I am 5'9" and the process is totally effortless.

2. In looking at the front grill, the radiator seems massive and exposed to rocks etc. Upon inquiring I found out that there are louvers that open and shut according to the required temp. They close on starting the Maverick so the engine gets to operating temp quicker. He also showed me that there were bugs on the louvers but the radiator was absolutely spotless. That means they are partially open during operation to duct air properly and to protect the radiator a the same time.

This may be old news to many of you but I found the detail of this fascinating. But it makes me wonder how many other small details there are like this that are put in the category of not worth mentioning.

3. He also showed me the mpg usage, it was 32.9. THIS WAS AN AWD VEHICLE 2.0 Ecoboost. It is probably fully broken in knowing the territory he covers. But it makes me wonder if there is a real advantage in waiting for the hybrid? But if you do a lot of in-town driving, that 20%-25% approx. savings can add up.

The interior build is durable. I actually like the hard plastic because it is textured and has a quality feel to it, more like a non-padded hard leather. I think we are al going to find this vehicle to be like an easter egg with its unexpected small pleasures. The wait will be worth it.

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 1.jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 .jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 3.jpg

Cyber Orange 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4.jpg
I ordered my Mav from Austin (south)….the ‘’Visionworks” retail store pic was the giveaway. I wish I Could’ve seen it in the flesh….a miscommunication I’m guessing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Cruze
Still loving the Cyber Orange. Really hope it sticks around a few years and isn't cancelled for lack of sales.

The fuel economy is SICK for the EcoBoost. If the 22/29 figure is to be believed for the AWD model, I bet the FWD one will crest 30 highway. FWD with 4K tow might be the way to go for me!
Yes, you can.
fwdtow.png
2.0T/FWD/4K is an available configuration on the 2022 Ford Maverick.

FX4, obviously, is AWD only.

Not as of today. Forde released it is no longer an option.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota