Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer called and said it's a bad heat exchanger valve. Should have it fixed by Wednesday or Thursday, provided they can get the part.
Hope they have better luck getting parts for you than they have mine. Power steering assist went out on my xlt hybrid after 3 days and 180 miles. Been sitting at the dealership for 3 weeks waiting for parts.
Sponsored

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope they have better luck getting parts for you than they have mine. Power steering assist went out on my xlt hybrid after 3 days and 180 miles. Been sitting at the dealership for 3 weeks waiting for parts.
Yeah, I'm about to call salesman and see what kind of deal I can get on extended warranty

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer got it fixed. They replaced the heat exchanger, coolant and an exhaust clamp. They also installed my new tonneau cover at the 20% off price Ford advertises and the $72 installation. Pauli Ford in St Johns, Michigan.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Glad to see they got it fixed.

If you're serious about the extended warranty don't just get pricing from your dealer. Shop around first because chances are good places like Flood Ford or Granger can be a lot cheaper. Like thousands of dollars cheaper for the exact same warranty.

Last edited:

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I'm about to call salesman and see what kind of deal I can get on extended warranty
Granger posted the extended warranty pricing table with their discount in another thread. Should be searchable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to see they got it fixed.

If you're serious about the extended warranty don't just get pricing from your dealer. Shop around first because chances are good places like Flood Ford or Granger can be a lot cheaper. Like thousands of dollars cheaper.

Is an extended warranty actually worth it? Last new car I bought I never ended up using it. I've had pretty good luck with my other cars in the first 100k miles, it's usually after that they things start to wear out. I would expect some glitches in a new model year but nothing too crazy that the existing warranty wouldn't cover.

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granger posted the extended warranty pricing table with their discount in another thread. Should be searchable.
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can find it.
Found it: Now online at grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

Once vehicle details are entered, the full table with options comes up.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is an extended warranty actually worth it? Last new car I bought I never ended up using it. I've had pretty good luck with my other cars in the first 100k miles, it's usually after that they things start to wear out. I would expect some glitches in a new model year but nothing too crazy that the existing warranty wouldn't cover.
I don't usually buy one but I bought a 1991 caprice used. Was a certified used carr with 200 miles a little old lady bought and traded in because she couldn't see road over the hood and it was included in price. Then when car was running fine (I thought) and had 96,400 miles I took it to an approved garage and told the manager here is the warranty info and to fix anything covered. He found water pump, ice rear main seal, and u-joints something on brakes. Plus other stuff. Total wound up just under $3,900.🥰
Sponsored