Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, yeah I guess I could try to call around more. I built out my spec/price list from the post earlier today, just waiting for that phone call...

Nick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to find a dealer who wants your business. Selling Maverick at MSRP only nets the salesperson $200. Yes, two hundred dollars. Granted, it's 15 minutes of paperwork and data entry for $200 but they're not making a lot of money on these trucks unless they're selling over MSRP.
I make $50 selling new Toyotas.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just spoke to my friend who is the internet sales manager at a fairly high-volume dealer here in CA. He already has ten orders on his desk awaiting submittal when things open and the phone has had heavy traffic all morning. Stated that several more customers have come in this morning to order.

If this holds true across the country the order banks for the 23 model year may close up pretty quickly. Even though there has most certainly been frustration with wait times, pushbacks, communication etc., FORD has really hit it out of the park with this truck.

Good luck to those ordering today.
They just need to learn how to build the damn things. 100K units a year isn't going to cut it.

Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just spoke to my friend who is the internet sales manager at a fairly high-volume dealer here in CA. He already has ten orders on his desk awaiting submittal when things open and the phone has had heavy traffic all morning. Stated that several more customers have come in this morning to order.

If this holds true across the country the order banks for the 23 model year may close up pretty quickly. Even though there has most certainly been frustration with wait times, pushbacks, communication etc., FORD has really hit it out of the park with this truck.

Good luck to those ordering today.
My appointment is tomorrow morning. Hopefully order bank stays open till then..🤞

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My appointment is tomorrow morning. Hopefully order bank stays open till then..🤞
The way it seems to be going you should be worried about whether the order banks will still be crashed by then. 🤡

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I’ve been communicating with all summer to place an order hasn’t even called me. Another dealer called me today, which I forgot I even called, and asked me if I wanted to place an order today. After he said no deposit, MSRP, $500 dealer fee, no dealer add-ons, I said sure. He said he had over 100 preorders to enter and would be up late doing them. He called me right before 4:00et, just after I sent him an email with my build, and he said “good news, we are entering it now and yours is the second we’ve done.” Screw a waiting list, I guess timing/luck is everything. 🤔

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Need to start a betting pool on the day order banks will close.

Dibs on November 1st.

;)

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Need to start a betting pool on the day order banks will close.

Dibs on November 1st.

;)
I'll take November 2nd, my birthday

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I’ve been communicating with all summer to place an order hasn’t even called me. Another dealer called me today, which I forgot I even called, and asked me if I wanted to place an order today. After he said no deposit, MSRP, $500 dealer fee, no dealer add-ons, I said sure. He said he had over 100 preorders to enter and would be up late doing them. He called me right before 4:00et, just after I sent him an email with my build, and he said “good news, we are entering it now and yours is the second we’ve done.” Screw a waiting list, I guess timing/luck is everything. 🤔
I had the same issue... called around to a few different places till I found a guy at a dealership who actually knows what is going on and logs into the forums pretty often as well.

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems while I was sitting with my dealer putting reorder in, web site froze! 5;10 today 9/15/22

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got in line with my dealer this morning as well for a Tremor. I'm told they'll only be 8% of production so I wanted to get my marker in.
What color did you order?

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost