JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
fahrfrompuken said:
I cannot believe how much discussion this post generated. Is this a Maverick or Tacoma forum? 🤣

Don't worry, it'll die out as soon as the pricing is revealed!
depends if the pre runner and sr5 are 29kish then i would consider it competition for the maverick. The PreRunner is 2d 2wd very basic work truck with a lift on it.
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe you are correct regarding no AWD hybrid for '24. Surely, Ford would've promoted that Maverick by now.
I'm with you on the color changes. The area 51 & cactus grey are great looking colors, but now getting a bit overdone.
im going guess Eruption green and Azure Grey will be new colors as area 51 and catcus grey go away

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They're not gonna get rid of Area 51 or Cactus Grey. Those are the Maverick's most popular colors if going by the MTC user surveys are anything to go by. I'm gonna guess new colors we see on the Bronco Sports introduced for MY2024, so Eruption Green option probably.

Reactions: Dad

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait would this be a maverick competitor?
It is all nice and well that people are showing us the 2024 Tacoma, however; it is not a competitor at this time for the Maverick, in my opinion, as it is still in that lower midsize class of trucks like the Ranger, Colorado, etc.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was looking at one, could have gotten the employee price through my nephew. But av was still cheaper and better gas milage. Also, wife need a lower entry.

A man bought a Maverick for sure.
His need for a truck had a cure
Gas milage was great.
And it pleased his dear mate.
So, they drove off to do a nice tour.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is all nice and well that people are showing us the 2024 Tacoma, however; it is not a competitor at this time for the Maverick, in my opinion, as it is still in that lower midsize class of trucks like the Ranger, Colorado, etc.
if the lower trims are priced around 28-34K it will be.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
im going guess Eruption green and Azure Grey will be new colors as area 51 and catcus grey go away
I saw a very unique green on an Audi yesterday. I'd call it a grass green. Looked better than what your mind might perceive from what I'm calling it. I like that burgundy color I've seen on Kia and Hyundai vehicles, too.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
fahrfrompuken said:
I cannot believe how much discussion this post generated. Is this a Maverick or Tacoma forum? 🤣

Don't worry, it'll die out as soon as the pricing is revealed!
Or as soon as folks start getting their Mavericks built and delivered within a reasonable time.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw a very unique green on an Audi yesterday. I'd call it a grass green. Looked better than what your mind might perceive from what I'm calling it. I like that burgundy color I've seen on Kia and Hyundai vehicles, too.
if they put 2.3l turbo charged and green maverick i would trade my current one in. Thats big if!! st!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or as soon as folks start getting their Mavericks built and delivered within a reasonable time.
yea i mean what are people suppose to do ! cant wait forever. very blessed mine was built.

• Love
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was it like the Jaguar F1 racing green?

Ford Maverick 2024 Tacoma Revealed! Now With Hybrid Model 🔋 1684862061003

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to all the mag's doing a big mid-size shoot out review. Should be a very competitive field with the all new Ranger, all new GM twins, and this new Toyota. I suppose it all boils down to your priorities, as to which you'd choose. Still fun to get the "experts" take, from an equal playing field comparison.

Meanwhile, the mav continues to be in class of one. 🤠 How long before another OEM jumps in???

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gonna be expensive for the hybrid and I’ll be shocked if the MPG is similar to the Maverick. Larger engine with turbo and higher GVWR is naturally going to consume more fuel.

IMO, not competition with the Maverick. Different platform.
I'll be shocked if the Tacoma hybrid is similar in efficiency to the Maverick ecoboost.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to all the mag's doing a big mid-size shoot out review. Should be a very competitive field with the all new Ranger, all new GM twins, and this new Toyota. I suppose it all boils down to your priorities, as to which you'd choose. Still fun to get the "experts" take, from an equal playing field comparison.

Meanwhile, the mav continues to be in class of one. 🤠 How long before another OEM jumps in???
If you want front lockers and/or a V6 there's really only 2 choices the Ford Raptor and ZR2. Kinda mind blowing that Toyota took 8 years to launch a new model and forgot the front lockers. If you want to brag about offroad capability kinda need to have all of the offroad goodies.

At least two years probably 3 for a Maverick competitor. There needs to be at least a test mule roaming around to even be close to release. There are lots of regs to make a car street legal in the US so they can't just transplant a vehicle from another country and put it out for sale. Not to mention buyers in the US have different requirements than the rest of the world. I think people are just in disbelief that there is only one auto maker and are frustrated that there isn't enough capacity.

I'll be shocked if the Tacoma hybrid is similar in efficiency to the Maverick ecoboost.
People are going to be let down when they see 26 mpg...

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somewhere they published tentative mileage numbers, and the highest was in the mid-upper 20s, it's geared or tuned for off-road & performance, not as a fuel economy queen. Yes, it will be the most fuel efficient mid-size, but given it's added girth and weight, I'd be surprised if any of the numbers crack 30, just don't see it happening. The Taco is competing against the larger & heavier Ranger, not the Maverick. I also expect the '24 Taco to still ride very 'trucky' or less tame than the Maverick. - The Maverick rides really well, with well dampened impacts, something the Taco isn't known for. The last one I rode in, rode very 'rubbery' with a lot of jolts, and rocking side to side. Sort of reminded me of the old Suzuki XL7(?) or Vitara my sister looked at in 2003.

Of course I can't drive a current Taco, as my 6' 2" (slightly taller), 210 lbs frame can barely shoe horn into one. Literally no head or leg room in them when I've tried. Be curious if they've learned many of us are over say 5' 10" tall.
Sponsored