First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I visited the dealership yesterday where I purchased my Maverick and asked the service dept about the recall on my vehicle, 23C04, which I have. They asked me if my trailer lights work (they do not) and they said they would need to schedule an appointment two weeks out to do an inspection / check. They said at that point, if they confirm the trailer lights do not work, they would order the recall parts and then I could schedule and appointment after they received the parts. Seems like they would not have to do the inspection before ordering the parts but when I asked they said that is what they have to do. Has anyone else visited their dealer and if so, did they also first schedule and appointment before ordering any parts for this recall (or any recall)?

There is another question I would like to hear your responses as well. I am considering doing this repair myself as the repair instructions first step is to verify the functionality of the trailer lights. If I repair it and then bring it in for a check then they are supposed to mark the recall as complete, according to the repair instructions. I am not sure I want a service tech cutting open a bundle of wiring and splicing into one of the wires and soldering in a cramped space. I am sorry, I just do not have a lot of blind trust in auto technicians. I mean they have never done this job before so I give myself a better chance of doing it correctly. In any case, my second question is are any of you planning to do this on your own and if so, why?
Sponsored

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my dealer yesterday with the letter to the dealers telling them that they were authorized to do the fix and that letters to customers with the recall would go out on the 29th to take them in for repairs. They sent me to the service department and they looked things up on the repair and said that they would order the parts and schedule me for repair in two weeks. They were not sure that they would get the parts quickly, so they added some time for the parts to arrive. Hopefully it will be fixed so that I can tow at night.

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my dealer yesterday with the letter to the dealers telling them that they were authorized to do the fix and that letters to customers with the recall would go out on the 29th to take them in for repairs. They sent me to the service department and they looked things up on the repair and said that they would order the parts and schedule me for repair in two weeks. They were not sure that they would get the parts quickly, so they added some time for the parts to arrive. Hopefully it will be fixed so that I can tow at night.
Hi, yes, thanks for sharing your experience. I called two other dealers this morning and one said they would go ahead and order the parts and then call me for an appt to repair. They said the part was available nearby so I hope to hear back from this week. The parts are just a simple pin connect (for the XL and XLT) along with some heat shrink tubing and 22 gauge wire. Cost for the pin connector is <$10. I still am nervous about the soldering on/near a bundle of wires, a piece of hot solder down on the other wiring coudl cause all sorts of issues. Also nervous about the cutting back the wrapping on the wire bundle, could easily cut into other wires. Oh well, if it happens, it happens and I can deal with that then. Thanks for sharing your experience.

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, yes, thanks for sharing your experience. I called two other dealers this morning and one said they would go ahead and order the parts and then call me for an appt to repair. They said the part was available nearby so I hope to hear back from this week. The parts are just a simple pin connect (for the XL and XLT) along with some heat shrink tubing and 22 gauge wire. Cost for the pin connector is <$10. I still am nervous about the soldering on/near a bundle of wires, a piece of hot solder down on the other wiring coudl cause all sorts of issues. Also nervous about the cutting back the wrapping on the wire bundle, could easily cut into other wires. Oh well, if it happens, it happens and I can deal with that then. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Evidently, the Lariat has a little more complicated repair, according to the Service Manager. So will wait and see.

BrothrFree

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This recall confuses me. My XLT build date was 02/10/2023, within the identified period. I just checked Ford's website which indicates there are no recalls for my VIN. What am I missing here?

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This recall confuses me. My XLT build date was 02/10/2023, within the identified period. I just checked Ford's website which indicates there are no recalls for my VIN. What am I missing here?
Do you have the 4K tow package (with the 7 & 4-pin connector)?

HRG

Nevermind, I see you have a Hybrid, so no 4K package. Yours is not included.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The recall is for those with 4K tow package. Looks like you have a Hybrid so you wouldn't have 4K

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone with the 4K package had an update from the dealer on this?
Mine is at the dealer today. They said they had to do a check it first before they could order any parts. If you look at the repair, the parts are about $10 worth of parts (specific wire to splice in and associated needs). I hope to get a more defnitive answer from them this afternoon relative to how long it will be before they can get the parts. Basically, they seemed to have no idea what this recall was, I guess they are "covered up" with recalls.

Sponsored

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer confirmed the tail lights were not working. They ordered parts. The service advisor said it was the first he had seen. He had thoroughly reviewed the repair instructions and was knowledgeable about the details of the job so it went as good as it possibly could have. I feel optimistic about the future repair.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Suppose to be software update only from what I read and heard .

Mason

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay so I do have the 4k tow package and AWD on an XL. FSA says no recalls for my vehicle, but how do I look up my build date. Just bought the truck from dealer last week (didn't order it) so haven't bothered trying to tow yet.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay so I do have the 4k tow package and AWD on an XL. FSA says no recalls for my vehicle, but how do I look up my build date. Just bought the truck from dealer last week (didn't order it) so haven't bothered trying to tow yet.
If there's an open recall, your dealer can't sell you the truck, so it probably is:
A. A 2022
B. Already repaired
C. Outside the recall dates

If you're worried about your truck having this issue, grab a light tester from Harbor Freight, they're like $5. Or just plug your trailer in and see if the running lights come on when your headlights are on.