Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In answer to RupZuk.
the 20X8.5”Ravetti wheels are 38mm offset 38mm which is the same as the stock Unique wheels, so there was no clearance issue with the 245/45R20 tires. Front strut clearance is practically identical to stock. This puts the tire approximately 1.5” negative which is what I wanted to achieve.
The actual hub diameter of the Maverick measured 63.25mm. Although most wheels will use conical seat lug nuts I recommend using hub centric rings for a little better fit for any aftermarket wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the black wheels. I have s KIA Telluride with 20” black wheels so wanted to be different with the Maverick. I really want to drop it a couple inches to finish it off.
be sure to post pictures when you install your wheels and tires.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That'll look cool and really stand out. What's your thought process on getting the FX4 on a truck that you want to lower?

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my reasoning. My wife is 69 years old and has a neurological disease that affects all movement; especially walking. Even our KIA Telluride is becoming a challenge to enter and exit. The Maverick is already 5” lower at the door sills than our 2000 Ranger 4x4 was. Should be about 4” lower than the Telluride is now. The lower I go the better to a point. No hydraulic or air suspension though. A side benefit is that it may look cool as well.
like I need cool at 70 years old!

Sponsored

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
REAL NICE!

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you selling the take off I’m in Frisco

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I have kept my Hot Pepper Red Maverick XLT in quarantine for close to 2 Months but couldn't resist temptation any longer. I pulled the trigger on a set of 20X8.5" Ravetti M8 Wheels and Continental DWS 006 Plus tires in 245/45/R-20.

I had hoped some manufacturer would have a 2" or so lowering kit or springs available before I did the tires and wheels. Not yet. It looks okay for now, but I will drop it as soon as the kit becomes available.

If you are shopping for replacement wheels for your Maverick I will tell you that you will know far more than any of the people I talked to about fitment. I have a slight advantage because I was in the tire and wheel business for 35 years. Anyway, do your homework before buying; especially if you buy on-line. It will save you a bunch of grief.

One thing I forgot to photograph and attach is the polished stainless steel tailgate letter insertsI got at Platinum Ford in Terrell. They really catch your eye and keep people from asking "what is that truck".

Before and AFTER pictures attached.

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG
Man, that looks incredible!!!!

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my reasoning. My wife is 69 years old and has a neurological disease that affects all movement; especially walking. Even our KIA Telluride is becoming a challenge to enter and exit. The Maverick is already 5” lower at the door sills than our 2000 Ranger 4x4 was. Should be about 4” lower than the Telluride is now. The lower I go the better to a point. No hydraulic or air suspension though. A side benefit is that it may look cool as well.
like I need cool at 70 years old!
I think his question was more "why the FX4 if you plan on lowering? Not "why are you lowering?"
Meaning: if you are not going off-road, why the FX4?
Im guessing FX4 for the heavy duty radiator and fan?

PS I applaud you for accommodating your wifes challenges.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have kept my Hot Pepper Red Maverick XLT in quarantine for close to 2 Months but couldn't resist temptation any longer. I pulled the trigger on a set of 20X8.5" Ravetti M8 Wheels and Continental DWS 006 Plus tires in 245/45/R-20.

I had hoped some manufacturer would have a 2" or so lowering kit or springs available before I did the tires and wheels. Not yet. It looks okay for now, but I will drop it as soon as the kit becomes available.

If you are shopping for replacement wheels for your Maverick I will tell you that you will know far more than any of the people I talked to about fitment. I have a slight advantage because I was in the tire and wheel business for 35 years. Anyway, do your homework before buying; especially if you buy on-line. It will save you a bunch of grief.

One thing I forgot to photograph and attach is the polished stainless steel tailgate letter insertsI got at Platinum Ford in Terrell. They really catch your eye and keep people from asking "what is that truck".

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG
That's about the look I am going for. I don't really care for machined faced wheels, but those look great. I am looking at getting some 20's also and was looking at the same size tire. They are still pretty close to stock height. I am going to go more of an all Black look, so Black painted wheels. I have the same color but in a Hybrid. I also want to lower it a couple inches. Will definitely be on the lookout for a lowering kit.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it and agree with lowering it a couple inches. The tailgate lettering looks really nice too. I would probably remove the FX4 decal though.

voyeurtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 and '14 Escape
I must have this on my truck when it arrives next week... I have the Carbonized Grey though, so I am torn on a chrome/stainless steel or black lettering.
I ordered a carbonized grey hybrid and I'm going with the black lettering when I get my Maverick in May. I like understated acceessories rather than flashy ones.

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG
Looks amazing, best one so far.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG
Looks great!! Maverick is just asking to be lowered! I hope that once you find a kit to lower it that you post on here. So far all the renderings I've seen of Mavericks lowered look awesome!

Vinhnguyen54

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beautiful mods!

Would you say your photos are accurate representation of the pepper red paint? I really hope so because I ordered pepper red too and yours looks so attractive.
Sponsored