Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick Lariat. ‘13 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 lariat hybrid.
(1) there are 4 ways to lock the truck. …. Tap the door handle, press the lock button inside, press the bottom 2 buttons on the keypad on the door, or use the remote. Do they all set the alarm?
(2) I see differing thoughts on oil change duration. I understand it is synthetic oil and that last much longer. I had to use synthetic in my’67 Triumph Spitfire as it broke down regular oil in about 1000 miles. But I have seen anything from 3000 miles, to 7,500 miles to “the vehicle will let you know when it’s time”. We have 4000 miles and LOVE the truck but I have been a firm believer in more oil changes are better than not enough.
Any advice?
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2023 lariat hybrid.
(1) there are 4 ways to lock the truck. …. Tap the door handle, press the lock button inside, press the bottom 2 buttons on the keypad on the door, or use the remote. Do they all set the alarm?
(2) I see differing thoughts on oil change duration. I understand it is synthetic oil and that last much longer. I had to use synthetic in my’67 Triumph Spitfire as it broke down regular oil in about 1000 miles. But I have seen anything from 3000 miles, to 7,500 miles to “the vehicle will let you know when it’s time”. We have 4000 miles and LOVE the truck but I have been a firm believer in more oil changes are better than not enough.
Any advice?
Let the computer tell you when to change the oil. It calculates how much oil life is left, based on how many miles you drove on Electric and how many you drove on ICE.
You can safely go a lot longer between oil changes if you have a hybrid.

Same for brakes. Expect 100,000 to 200,000 miles between brake pad/rotor changes. This is because a big portion of your braking is done with regenerative braking, instead of using brake pads.

Your ICE air filter will last a lot longer, too.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 lariat hybrid.
Any advice?
Change it every 5k miles using good quality motor oil (Amsoil) and you'll be fine.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Security section in the manual (starts at page 85 in mine) goes into pretty good detail on the alarm

As for oil changes, mercy, that's a debated subject on this form, sometimes heated. Everybody has their on opinion on frequency and oil type. I'm a believer in frequent oil changes in an ICE vehicle, especially when turbo charged.

For ME in my ICE version, I will change the oil and filter every 4-5 thousand miles with a full synthetic oil that meets all of fords specifications.

For a Hybrid, I don't think you will need to change it no where close to that amount (unless your driving environment/style uses the ICE engine a lot). You may be fine going 7-10 thousand, that's a judgement call you will have to make for YOU. For ME, I'm one that prefers to be safe than sorry so I do maintenance a little earlier than the manual.

I did copy this info below from the manual if helps in your decision. Good Luck.

Your vehicle comes with the Intelligent
Oil-Life Monitor system, a message
appears in the information display at the
proper oil change interval. This interval
may be up to one year or 10,000 mi
(16,000 km), hybrid vehicles could exceed
10,000 mi (16,000 km).

When the oil change message appears in
the information display, it is time for an oil
change. Make sure you perform the oil
change within two weeks or 500 mi
(800 km) of the message appearing. Make
sure to reset the Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor
after each oil change. See Resetting the
Engine Oil Change Reminder (page 303).

If your information display resets
prematurely or becomes inoperative, you
should perform the oil change interval at
six months or 5,000 mi (8,000 km) from
your last oil change. Never exceed one year
or 10,000 mi (16,000 km) between oil
change intervals.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Follow the Manual: Trust the computer unless something external happens.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Let the computer tell you when to change the oil.
You mean the same computer that cannot even gauge real life MPG? The same one that randomly can drain the 12v battery? The same one that causes random false positive crash warnings, when no vehicles are around? And you trust it to accurately gauge oil life? On a short term lease maybe, but for a vehicle you own? No thanks.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, they all set the alarm.

The hybrid is rated for a 10,000 mile service interval when a proper full synthetic is used.

I change my hybrid's oil every 5,000 miles and my service advisor laughs and tells me, every time, that I don't need to change it at 5,000. We do, anyways. It was hard enough to move from 3,000 miles to 5,000 miles years ago.

'22 hybrid with ~30,000 miles.

OP
OP

CT Lariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Security section in the manual (starts at page 85 in mine) goes into pretty good detail on the alarm

As for oil changes, mercy, that's a debated subject on this form, sometimes heated. Everybody has their on opinion on frequency and oil type. I'm a believer in frequent oil changes in an ICE vehicle, especially when turbo charged.

For ME in my ICE version, I will change the oil and filter every 4-5 thousand miles with a full synthetic oil that meets all of fords specifications.

For a Hybrid, I don't think you will need to change it no where close to that amount (unless your driving environment/style uses the ICE engine a lot). You may be fine going 7-10 thousand, that's a judgement call you will have to make for YOU. For ME, I'm one that prefers to be safe than sorry so I do maintenance a little earlier than the manual.

I did copy this info below from the manual if helps in your decision. Good Luck.

Your vehicle comes with the Intelligent
Oil-Life Monitor system, a message
appears in the information display at the
proper oil change interval. This interval
may be up to one year or 10,000 mi
(16,000 km), hybrid vehicles could exceed
10,000 mi (16,000 km).

When the oil change message appears in
the information display, it is time for an oil
change. Make sure you perform the oil
change within two weeks or 500 mi
(800 km) of the message appearing. Make
sure to reset the Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor
after each oil change. See Resetting the
Engine Oil Change Reminder (page 303).

If your information display resets
prematurely or becomes inoperative, you
should perform the oil change interval at
six months or 5,000 mi (8,000 km) from
your last oil change. Never exceed one year
or 10,000 mi (16,000 km) between oil
change intervals.
Loving the info on the oil life.
Read the info on arming the alarm in the security section of the manual. It seems to state that the only way to arm the alarm is by using the remote, or tapping the bottom 2 buttons on the door. Does that mean that if you use the internal button, or tap the top of the door handle, it DOESE’NT alarm?
Have been hyper alert since our other vehicle is a 2013 Kia Soul (Stole) without a push button ignition. We frequently block it inwith our beloved Maverick.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 lariat hybrid.
Any advice?
How hard do you drive it? Unless you drive it like a red headed step child waiting until at least 5000 miles between changes is feasible.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CT Lariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How hard do you drive it? Unless you drive it like a red headed step child waiting until at least 5000 miles between changes is feasible.
Pretty gently, actually. Love that the MPG is more than double the Kia Soul 1.6 liter!
And much better looking!

Ford Maverick 2 things I don’t understand IMG_7678

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Loving the info on the oil life.
Read the info on arming the alarm in the security section of the manual. It seems to state that the only way to arm the alarm is by using the remote, or tapping the bottom 2 buttons on the door. Does that mean that if you use the internal button, or tap the top of the door handle, it DOESE’NT alarm?
Have been hyper alert since our other vehicle is a 2013 Kia Soul (Stole) without a push button ignition. We frequently block it inwith our beloved Maverick.
One way to test the alarm is to leave the window down, then lock the truck with the various options.
Reach in and pull the door handle to open the door and the alarm will go off if it is set.

Edit: Had to test it myself. The intelligent access and pushing the button to lock from inside when you're getting out both set the alarm.

Supposedly the basic perimeter alarm includes door alarm, hood alarm, and tailgate alarm. Kind of leery about the tailgate alarm as I don't see any sensors or wires back there that would indicate a sensor, and you can't really test it because the tailgate locks, not sure on the hood either.

Last edited:

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 lariat hybrid.
Any advice?
Go with the factory recommendation,which is every 5000 miles. At least that's what it says for my ecoboost.hybrid might be different?

mdsalemi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Follow the Manual: Trust the computer unless something external happens.
Yes, @Jakb I believe has it correct. If my 2019 Ford Flex has a lot of highway miles, it has been known to go up to six months and over 7,000 miles before it tells me to "change [engine] oil soon". This past year I've had a couple of instances where it's all been short around town drives, and in those cases it's telling me the same thing at three months and 3,000 miles. All of our Fords seem so have the same intelligence built in.
Sponsored