2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first Ford. AWD XL Copilot 360.
- I'm liking the headlamps: they go to bright automatically and dim automatically. Very nice. Very well done.
- The gentle nudge from auto lane centering is something I thought I would disable. I was wrong. I set it on high and find it valuable and not overly intrusive.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to hear someone likes the cp 360 system. I am afraid I'll hate it, but feel like it's a good safety option. Never had a vehicle with that kind of tech.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really loving CP360 and ACC as well as Lane Centering.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Glad to hear someone likes the cp 360 system. I am afraid I'll hate it, but feel like it's a good safety option. Never had a vehicle with that kind of tech.
We didn't either until 2 years ago when we purchased a used GMC Acadia Denali. 2 years into the Acadia and we love the safety options. To us it seemed like a no brainer to add the CoPilot-360 to the Mav. Especially when you consider the price.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We didn't either until 2 years ago when we purchased a used GMC Acadia Denali. 2 years into the Acadia and we love the safety options. To us it seemed like a no brainer to add the CoPilot-360 to the Mav. Especially when you consider the price.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's nice that the Maverick allows you to select how you want lane keep assist to work. Do you want an alert? Do you want correction? Do you want both?

In our cheaper cars, like our recently departed 2021 Forte GT, the lane departure alert was a beep. It could not be turned off unless you wanted the whole system off.

The Maverick, in spite of being cheap, has the same level of customization settings as our (also recently departed) 2021 Volvo XC40 with pilot assist. Impressive for such a cheap car.

Sponsored

Grayhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
Undecided
It's nice that the Maverick allows you to select how you want lane keep assist to work. Do you want an alert? Do you want correction? Do you want both?

In our cheaper cars, like our recently departed 2021 Forte GT, the lane departure alert was a beep. It could not be turned off unless you wanted the whole system off.

The Maverick, in spite of being cheap, has the same level of customization settings as our (also recently departed) 2021 Volvo XC40 with pilot assist. Impressive for such a cheap car.
MLowe05, You let your XC40 go? We have a 2019 that we picked up in Sweden. It is our other car and we love it. However, I must say, the pilot assist is ok on long straight interstate roads but not my favorite. Keeping pressure on the steering wheel is less comfortable than just keeping the car centered in the lane. On the other hand, the adaptive cruise control is super.
Looking forward to the Maverick. We are retired and thought we could live with just one car. However, since we are both still active, we found it hard to live with just one car after I sold my 2008 Ford F 150.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MLowe05, You let your XC40 go?
The XC40 was a Care By Volvo subscription car, and yes, I returned it the 1st day of the 5th month (which was the first day I was eligible to return it). I loved everything about it.. except the powertrain was an absolute deal breaker. It had the worst transmission programming I've ever experienced. Slow, sloppy shifts. I hated it every single time I drove it.

Unfortunately, it was not unique to my XC40. My best friend has a 2021 V60CC with the same behavior. I just can't stand it.

Grayhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
Undecided
The XC40 was a Care By Volvo subscription car, and yes, I returned it the 1st day of the 5th month (which was the first day I was eligible to return it). I loved everything about it.. except the powertrain was an absolute deal breaker. It had the worst transmission programming I've ever experienced. Slow, sloppy shifts. I hated it every single time I drove it.

Unfortunately, it was not unique to my XC40. My best friend has a 2021 V60CC with the same behavior. I just can't stand it.
Did you have the turbo? When I put my foot in it, it gets up and goes. No transmission problems that I noticed. I also have polestar, so I have a tune that may make a difference. We have just turned 50,000 miles with no issues. Let's hope our Mavericks meet both our expectations.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you have the turbo? When I put my foot in it, it gets up and goes. No transmission problems that I noticed. I also have polestar, so I have a tune that may make a difference. We have just turned 50,000 miles with no issues. Let's hope our Mavericks meet both our expectations.
Yes. It was a $47k as spec'd T5 AWD R-design in Bursting Blue. Lovely looking little thing, drove like crap. No Polestar. I put a grand total of 5,000 miles on it. It pissed me off every single day to the point I actually handed it back and was happy to start daily driving our 2021 Forte GT with a manual.

I am looking forward to the Maverick, for sure! I am one of the few who actually like CVT behavior (no shift shock) and I also love good fuel economy.