First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems as if this is the new normal. They are not concerned that I'm upset about this. They have the power and they're willing it like a weapon. This was my first Ford...with a reservation for a F150 Lightening, that I'm going to cancel...but I won't buy another. Problems are understandable; horrible customer service is not. Bad attitudes and lack of concern after the contract is signed is deplorable. IMO...FORD SUCKS.
Well if it makes it any better, my situation is Chrysler. It's probably horrible everywhere at this point.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, folks have posted reviews bitching and moaning about petty stuff they hate about their Mav so I figured, why not do one as well!

20220509_094227.jpg

First, I hate that gas prices are so high right now so I'm very happy with that MPG right there. That drive was 5 percent city/95 percent interstate.

I hate that I have back problems so I was worried about the Maverick since it was ordered sight unseen. I'm happy to say that the seat is very comfortable. Got lucky there considering how much driving I do.

I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Darius. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

I hate that some of you are having problems with your Mav. I'm happy to say that mine has been almost problem free. I had the shudder once, my infotainment screen freezes once in a blue moon, no hood vibration, none. Knock on wood.

My wife hates that I'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive my Mav, even on weekends when I'm not working. When Friday rolls around, I can't wait for Monday not because I love my job but because I get to drive my Mav again.

Anyway, not much of a review. Just wanted to say I like my Mav.
I hesitated reading your post because I was concerned I might read something that I did not want to look forward to. I’m happy to say that I just join the 5000 mile club and took my Mav into the dealer on Monday. It took one month for me to get an appointment and basically the only problem I had was the driver door auto lock and unlock stopped working. It took them all day because they are so busy but now I have my auto doorhandle working.

I had a shudder once and the door handle thing and that’s it! I love my Lariat and would only trade it for an EV Maverick!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
There are two Ford Customer Service Executives I would be writing too about this situation and I would cc the dealership GM too!

Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hesitated reading your post because I was concerned I might read something that I did not want to look forward to. I’m happy to say that I just join the 5000 mile club and took my Mav into the dealer on Monday. It took one month for me to get an appointment and basically the only problem I had was the driver door auto lock and unlock stopped working. It took them all day because they are so busy but now I have my auto doorhandle working.

I had a shudder once and the door handle thing and that’s it! I love my Lariat and would only trade it for an EV Maverick!
See below...
Broadcast Messages
May 6 2022 2022 Maverick - Front Door(s) Can Not Be Unlocked Using The Passive Entry Feature
Some 2022 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a condition where the front door(s) cannot be unlocked using the intelligent access (passive entry feature). To correct this condition, disable and re-enable the passive entry feature using the information display controls on the steering wheel or HMI screen (if equipped). Select vehicle lock settings/disable and re-enable intelligent access feature. If the functionality of the passive entry feature is not recovered, proceed to perform normal diagnosis. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-14 > Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems > pinpoint test R.
SSM 50754
this may be related to your concern...came on May 6th...they should know about this...

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
Have you reached out to @Ford Motor Company on the forum for assistance?

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, folks have posted reviews bitching and moaning about petty stuff they hate about their Mav so I figured, why not do one as well!

20220509_094227.jpg

First, I hate that gas prices are so high right now so I'm very happy with that MPG right there. That drive was 5 percent city/95 percent interstate.

Wow!!! 107 mile trip, 95% highway and you averaged 45 miles per gallon! Come on man, really, you got to be kidding me.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine last saturday.
300 miles on her now.
49.3 mpg combined, 40 miles per day commute at 55
Did some hauling, even let my 6yo grand daughter ride in the back, sitting on a towel of course.
10.5 month wait, all the ups and downs of will I get screwed etc.
Sold our 2014 transit connect and traded my 07 F150
So far ladies and gentlemen, I can truly say, I effing love this truck!!!
Much like surgery, I can't even remember the wait at this point, feels like we have always had he in our driveway :)

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've really enjoyed reading your reactions and comments but was too busy to reply. Anyway, thank you.
I want to add a couple of things to my review.

This is a minor annoyance but when the sun hits the right spot right there, I hate it.
Ford Maverick 15K Miles Review and Stuff I Hate 20220509_082735

AND I HATE MYSELF FOR PUTTING THE FIRST SCRATCH ON MY MAV!!! AAAAAAARGH!!!! That's about a half inch long.
Ford Maverick 15K Miles Review and Stuff I Hate 20220510_163442

By the way, details in my signature for those that may have missed it.

Sponsored

Kris

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK LARIAT HYBRID
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220509_094227.jpg

I hate that I have back problems so I was worried about the Maverick since it was ordered sight unseen. I'm happy to say that the seat is very comfortable. Got lucky there considering how much driving I do.

I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Darius. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

I hate that some of you are having problems with your Mav. I'm happy to say that mine has been almost problem free. I had the shudder once, my infotainment screen freezes once in a blue moon, no hood vibration, none. Knock on wood.

My wife hates that I'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive my Mav, even on weekends when I'm not working. When Friday rolls around, I can't wait for Monday not because I love my job but because I get to drive my Mav again.

I hate that you love your Mav so much that you won't sell it to me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta

20220509_094227.jpg

I'm currently in East Richmond, good to know about that dealer! I ordered mine from up in Northern VA where I was living 9 months ago when I ordered it...

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate that there's nothing to hate. Actually... The only thing I hate is I had rotator cuff surgery two days after taking delivery, so I haven't driven it as much as I'd like to
inbound3424417766713449592.png
Over 600 miles on my first tank.
I’m on track for about the same halfway through my first tank!

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220509_094227.jpg

Bravo sir.
Week and a half in with my hybrid and I fail to see the complaints that have come from many reviews. Even the most common like stereo and road noise. Maybe I’ve never had a fancy enough vehicle, but I have zero complaints so far minus things so small they’re not worth mentioning. Absolutely love this little truck!
Sponsored