BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, folks have posted reviews bitching and moaning about petty stuff they hate about their Mav so I figured, why not do one as well!

Ford Maverick 15K Miles Review and Stuff I Hate 20220509_094227

First, I hate that gas prices are so high right now so I'm very happy with that MPG right there. That drive was 5 percent city/95 percent interstate.

I hate that I have back problems so I was worried about the Maverick since it was ordered sight unseen. I'm happy to say that the seat is very comfortable. Got lucky there considering how much driving I do.

I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Dario. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

I hate that some of you are having problems with your Mav. I'm happy to say that mine has been almost problem free. I had the shudder once, my infotainment screen freezes once in a blue moon, no hood vibration, none. Knock on wood.

My wife hates that I'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive my Mav, even on weekends when I'm not working. When Friday rolls around, I can't wait for Monday not because I love my job but because I get to drive my Mav again.

Anyway, not much of a review. Just wanted to say I like my Mav.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lately, folks have posted reviews bitching and moaning about petty stuff they hate about their Mav so I figured, why not do one as well!

20220509_094227.jpg

First, I hate that gas prices are so high right now so I'm very happy with that MPG right there. That drive was 5 percent city/95 percent interstate.

I hate that I have back problems so I was worried about the Maverick since it was ordered sight unseen. I'm happy to say that the seat is very comfortable. Got lucky there considering how much driving I do.

I hate that the hybrid is so quite because my daughter said she could sneak out at night in it and I wouldn't hear her. I'm happy to say she hasn't done that.

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Darius. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

I hate that some of you are having problems with your Mav. I'm happy to say that mine has been almost problem free. I had the shudder once, my infotainment screen freezes once in a blue moon, no hood vibration, none. Knock on wood.

My wife hates that I'm always looking for an excuse to go out and drive my Mav, even on weekends when I'm not working. When Friday rolls around, I can't wait for Monday not because I love my job but because I get to drive my Mav again.

I hate people like you. You enjoy your Maverick so much, and I'm still waiting to enjoy it, I mean to hate it. Did I do the hate thing right?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220509_094227.jpg

I hate that some of you are being screwed by your dealer. I'm happy to say that I had a very pleasant experience at Richmond Ford West in Richmond Va. Ask for Darius. He's a no pressure, upstanding kind of guy.

My kind of "hater"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

djarms12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wildfire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi A3 TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you OP. My first impression when I drove the Maverick home from the dealership was what the hell? What I read from posts is not what I encountered. I love the acceleration, MPG from the hybrid, size of the vehicle, no blind spots and cold AC. I don't even have a negative comment on the stereo and speakers as I think it sounds fine. The interior is fun and creative. Even the dial shifter is easy.

Good review!

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220509_094227.jpg

I HATE I have to wait one more week to pick my Maverick up. In the book "ONE" by Stanley Livingston Seagul. He says Hate is Love without understanding.

Larry Klassy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received my hybrid Maverick a week ago. 350 miles on it a lot of people asking questions about it. Drives very nice and getting about 49 miles to the gallon. Mixed driving. I waited nine months for it. Well worth the wait. Bought it at Monticello Ford and they treated me very fairly. Would recommend them if you’re looking for a new automobile.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post OP. Hate all the constant negativity, loved the positive here.
I wouldn’t call it negatively. At least not all of the posts related to issues. We all know how great of a vehicle the Maverick is. Ford is watching and needs to know about some of the dislikes or glitches. Then they can work on upgrades. Like the radio for instance. It has a few. The first update fixed a lot. Next might fix it all. And a few tweaks in design for future model years come from owner comments.
Overall Ford did an incredible job. I was disgusted with my 1st model year generation 2 Colorado very quickly. Not so with the Mav.

Sponsored

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow- that’s a lot of miles! You must’ve gotten yours pretty early on. Great review!

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, I hate that I can’t always be this positive! Great post!

Those MPGs making me a little jealous, although the last tank on my EB got me over 28 measured at the pump. Seems like no matter which engine you get, you win with the Mav!

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4

20220509_094227.jpg

Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post. I too love my Mav, but on April 18th the check engine light came on. It's been in the shop 23 days and Beaman Ford in Dickson, Tn still has not "had time to look at your truck because we are so busy". I waited 7 months to get it, drove it 7 weeks when the problem started. I call the service department manager and he puts me on hold for minutes at a time, then cuts me off. That happened 3 times yesterday alone. I love my little truck but I've grown to dislike the after the sale attitude of Beaman Ford and even the Ford Customer Care Center. My calls to Ford Corporate have fallen on deaf ears. It's so frustrating.
Report to BBB, keeping a vehicle that long is BS. They just keep pushing you back because of corporate clients. Email owner.
Good Luck
Sponsored