First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I am right at 12k miles. The truck is currently having electrical issues. Power train failure and parking brake errors. My radio goes full blast static and then has no audio intermittently. And my oil pan gasket is leaking. I loved truck up until this point but I am starting to get a little worried. Ford has a short warranty.
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I am right at 12k miles. The truck is currently having electrical issues. Power train failure and parking brake errors. My radio goes full blast static and then has no audio intermittently. And my oil pan gasket is leaking. I loved truck up until this point but I am starting to get a little worried. Ford has a short warranty.
Buy extended warranty if you're keeping it.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eco or Hybrid?

OP
OP

Nfspd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s hybrid. I am torn on what to do with it.

Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya. Ford seems to have their fair share of electrical issues, one of the things keeping me away from a hybrid. Its just luck of the draw to get a good vehicle, especially with the current state of manufacturing.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That honks. Could you elaborate on the power train failure and oil pan gasket issues? Good to know what to keep an eye out for.

Cheers.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s hybrid. I am torn on what to do with it.
Of course it's the hybrid...... The problem child Maverick.... Keep us posted on what the dealer says and the fix...

OP
OP

Nfspd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So dealer says power train and parking brake issues are being caused be a sensor that they are ordering and will call me when they get it. For now I am stuck with the intermittent audio issue because it wouldn’t do it while it was there. And they say the oil around gasket was caused by oil left behind from the last oil and filter change. I am not convinced that is what it’s from but I will keep an eye on it.
Sponsored