Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all,

After seeing story after story of our fellow forum members being screwed over by dishonest, trashy dealers, I've decided we should put together lists of positive, honest dealership experiences. The kinds of dealerships that provide you with a decent experience, and sell you the truck you asked for at MSRP.

Hopefully this will be a helpful resource to people struggling to find a decent deal, while also rewarding the honest business practices of respectable dealerships by convincing more people to go through them.

Here's mine, the Larry H. Miller dealership located in Draper/Sandy Utah. If you live in Utah, or in the neighboring states, and are having a hard time, go through these people. No markups on customer orders, they're willing to work with you to the best of their ability.

Some context, we missed the order bank cutoff because we were told they opened in October, not September by a dealership employee, an honest mistake. We reached out to them, explaining our situation, they promised if a customer canceled their order, they'd contact us first thing.

Fast forward about a month, and we got the call. An area 51 XLT hybrid with optional extras like Co-pilot 360/BLIS. We were there within the hour. Out the door, with Utah's notoriously aggressive sales tax, it was about 28k.

This dealership chain has an excellent reputation, and they've been a joy to deal with on the several occasions we've conducted business with them in the past. If you're still searching for a maverick, these are your people.

IMG_20230325_143908.jpg

IMG_20230325_144015.jpg
Grey Daniels in Brandon, Mississippi. Ask for Steve or Chandler. We have bought 4 vehicles from them as a family.
Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Grey Daniels in Brandon, Mississippi. Ask for Steve or Chandler. We have bought 4 vehicles from them as a family.
Make sure you submit this via the Google form so I can update the MTC dealership tracking spreadsheet. Form here

Maverick8686

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hyundai kona 1.6t
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update, my MAV has arrived at Portsmouth. It got built super fast considering the order was put in late September. I can't get it till the end of the month till I have 20 percent to put down and financing with DCU credit union. Order process has been smooth. Going this weekend to check it out and get paperwork for my bank. I will update once I officially have it. Good luck!
Update, just signed the paperwork and getting ready to ride off the lot in my new MAV. They waited for us to get our down payment and now we own it. I definitely recommend them. Go to Kelly Larson for your next purchase. Great salesman with a good attitude 👍

Smithmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin smith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a 23 model hybrid lariat from Benson Ford in Easley SC on 9/16/23 with a priority code10.

Because Ford did not build Benson Ford ordered the same truck for 24 model year on 7/18/23. Ford built the truck on 01/16/24 it shipped the next day, the dealership the received the truck on 02/05/24. Benson did get the $2500 price protection for me and a discount off of the MSRP because of the wait. The sales team Jonathan Fisher and Harry Fisher kept me informed and made the buying experience easy. The finance department did not pressure me to purchase anything other than the truck. Easiest vehicle purchase I have every made.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wasn't pleased AT ALL with the way I was jerked around at Mullinax Ford in Apopka. Avoid Connor. Couldn't find his own ass with two hands.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MTCHUCK

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none yet
Engine
Undecided
Aaron Ford, Poway CA
Kearny Mesa Ford, San Diego CA

Both sold at original 2021 MSRP exactly as ordered, no add ons and received 60/mon @ 1.9% Ford financing rate that was at time of order back in JUL 21.
Maybe if you order but on the lot both are doing 5K markups on hybrids. Any socal dealers not marking them up? May have to go out of state when I am ready to buy.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe if you order but on the lot both are doing 5K markups on hybrids. Any socal dealers not marking them up? May have to go out of state when I am ready to buy.
You might want to check with Galpin Ford. They do enough volume that they might not have ADMs or required DAOs. Most of the dealers I know of in Orange County have $2500 or more ADMs and/or DAOs added to them.

The amount was high enough that we bought my son's 2023 XLT Hybrid from Long McArthur in Salina, Kansas. The total cost to fly us both out and drive it 1500 miles back - a fabulous father and son road trip - was less than the closest-to-me Ford dealership's ADM and DOA. This local dealership is the same dealership we purchased a 2022 PHEV Escape SEL, 2022 XL Hybrid Maverick, and 2023 XLT EB AWD Maverick from before the new GM took over.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Highly recommend Leif Johnson in Austin TX.
Very knowledgeable staff and no games.
Ask for Thomas.

Even their accessory department is straightforward and great to work with

MTCHUCK

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none yet
Engine
Undecided
You might want to check with Galpin Ford. They do enough volume that they might not have ADMs or required DAOs. Most of the dealers I know of in Orange County have $2500 or more ADMs and/or DAOs added to them.

The amount was high enough that we bought my son's 2023 XLT Hybrid from Long McArthur in Salina, Kansas. The total cost to fly us both out and drive it 1500 miles back - a fabulous father and son road trip - was less than the closest-to-me Ford dealership's ADM and DOA. This local dealership is the same dealership we purchased a 2022 PHEV Escape SEL, 2022 XL Hybrid Maverick, and 2023 XLT EB AWD Maverick from before the new GM took over.
Galpin is a "call for price" which so far in my experience means markup. I think I found a few that look like they aren't. I will order one if I can but otherwise it's going to be a pain in the neck to get MSRP anywhere in Socal.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Galpin is a "call for price" which so far in my experience means markup. I think I found a few that look like they aren't. I will order one if I can but otherwise it's going to be a pain in the neck to get MSRP anywhere in Socal.
Exactly right... Your best bet is an out of state dealership. The only issue you will run into is that you must by a Ford ESP from a California dealership as of a new law that was just passed. Granger and other dealers outside of California cannot sell you a discounted Ford ESP.

If you buy a Maverick from Granger and take delivery in Iowa, I believe they can sell you the Ford ESP at a discount. You just cannot buy out of state if you take delivery in California.

By the way, if you need advice on what needs to be done to register a Maverick in California that was purchased out of state, feel free to direct message me.

Sponsored

MakinToast

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tony Betten Ford & Sons in Grand Rapids, MI was a breeze. I waited 17 months, but Colt & Mark at Tony Betten were fair and responsive.

CA$H

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CASH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, this was about dealers that will honor MSRP for your Maverick order...on the lot is a different situation since it's their truck.

HighBred

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Asheville Ford was straight up and we paid MSRP. Even the finance guy didn’t try to upsale anything. He offered us some different extended warranty and maintenance packages, but we politely declined.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Boucher Ford in Thiensville, WI. Talk to Mark Ford. (yes, that is really his name) Service is great too. Talk to Angie or Tim.

Szott

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2024 Maverick on Order.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Myers Ford in Elkton, Virginia. (Near Harrisonburg)

Took delivery on my Oxford White XLT today!

$99 doc fee + Sticker on a New Maverick.!

Shop here to save! Ask for Kelly.

No mark ups, Add ons or surprises. Highly recommend for a Maverick Purchase, or any Ford
Sponsored