First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wheels are stock XLT, just included the picture to reference the color matching. I picked up the badge decals from Etsy- Black and Silver. There are other listings a little cheaper but this included one for the steering wheel:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1163828802/3-pc-ford-oval-badge-overlays-for-21
My Maverick is an XLT (due to arrive the first week of June) but I didn't realize that was the center cap on the stock wheels 😳🀣! Thanks for the link I'll give them a look.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do have any issues with the door rubbing since you added the Maverick sill on top of the other sill?
No, but that was the first thing I thought about AFTER I installed it. Fortunately, there was no obstruction. I figured the first layer of protection would clear, but wasn't completely confident how adding the Maverick plate would work. It did.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s been a few years since I’ve done any car audio systems in anything but the stock Maverick speakers are just awful. Running a 4 channel amp with 2 channels powering a 6.5” and tweeter component set up front, and bridging the other 2 channels into a 10” sub in a custom box under the back seat. Unfortunately the sub arrived from Amazon already blown so that’s being returned and I’ll finish up the install when the new sub arrives. All budget friendly components but so far the front end is a massive upgrade and I’m super happy with it, a working sub will no doubt finish things off.

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 67427C4A-794B-47C0-89A0-C85CDAC25F0B

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? AF9913A9-6F00-45F1-AA67-0560FD9578CF

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? B0B63189-8F6F-429C-80DE-52C59632D7D4

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, but that was the first thing I thought about AFTER I installed it. Fortunately, there was no obstruction. I figured the first layer of protection would clear, but wasn't completely confident how adding the Maverick plate would work. It did.
Thanks for the update. I already have the Maverick sills, along with many other parts! My Maverick should be at the dealership in a couple of weeks so there will be a couple of days installing stuff! After seeing the comparison between the Maverick sill and the Civic sill the difference is amazing! I'll be ordering the other sill and do like you did. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I added black domed lettering to the tailgate and black ovals to match the stock wheels.
PXL_20220516_184813341~3.jpg

PXL_20220516_184801175~3.jpg
PXL_20220516_184628523~2.jpg

PXL_20220516_184908183.jpg
Those all look great! Mind sharing where you got all that from? I've been tempted on other products but seeing the result you have here has sold me!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the update. I already have the Maverick sills, along with many other parts! My Maverick should be at the dealership in a couple of weeks so there will a couple of days installing stuff! After seeing the comparison between the Maverick sill and the Civic sill the difference is amazing! I'll be ordering the other sill and do like you did. Thanks again!
You are very welcome! Glad to pass along the hack. During a meet up with a club member, he installed the Ford plates without the Civic sill protectors and to be honest, they looked like they didn't belong .... hardly covered anything. What's the point? I like what I did ... looks factory in my humble opinion. My dream hack is find a plate that reads, "Goose" for the rear sills.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Went to the local garden center and brought home 23 bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest potting soil for a new raised bed garden my wife built. Each bag is 1.5 cu. ft. and this is only half of what we need to fill the box.:eek:

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220516_182135732_HDR

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the truck to the service department today for it's first oil change and recall. Had a little over 1,000 miles on it so it was time. While it was in for service we had the dealer install the OEM rear mud flaps for us and the OEM driver side and passenger side fender well baffles.

Total for everything minus the parts came to $103 and we got to use our Ford Pass points so it didn't cost us anything!

IMG_20220415_174448432_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220415_174554200_HDR.jpg

Hard to see the fender well baffles in the pic but they are there on both sides.
IMG_20220415_174645464.jpg
What purpose do the fender well baffles serve? Thanks

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
@Delzona
What purpose do the fender well baffles serve? Thanks
There is a huge thread about them here on the forums if you feel like reading/sifting through all of it. The jist of it though is that the baffles are suppose to help reduce engine noise, wind noise, and engine smells from entering the cab.

My take on it is that they didn't really make a difference but other members swear by it so who knows.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ The really confusing part is that some trims come with them factory installed and others don't so it's a total guess on whether or not your Mav will come with them.......until you actually get your Mav and can check.

Anyway, here's a link to the thread I mentioned. Enjoy the "lite" reading!:)
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/no-insulation-at-fender-to-engine.11244/

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to the local garden center and brought home 23 bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest potting soil for a new raised bed garden my wife built. Each bag is 1.5 cu. ft. and this is only half of what we need to fill the box.:eek:

IMG_20220516_182135732_HDR.jpg
That’s big box!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Delzona

There is a huge thread about them here on the forums if you feel like reading/sifting through all of it. The jist of it though is that the baffles are suppose to help reduce engine noise, wind noise, and engine smells from entering the cab.

My take on it is that they didn't really make a difference but other members swear by it so who knows.πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ The really confusing part is that some trims come with them factory installed and others don't so it's a total guess on whether or not your Mav will come with them.......until you actually get your Mav and can check.

Anyway, here's a link to the thread I mentioned. Enjoy the "lite" reading!:)
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/no-insulation-at-fender-to-engine.11244/
Thanks, I thought I had seen most of the threads, but this one slipped by me. I'll give it a read and make a judgment. I also have an XLT (still slowly making it's way up from Mexico) so I'm guessing it won't have these baffles either.

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those all look great! Mind sharing where you got all that from? I've been tempted on other products but seeing the result you have here has sold me!
Thank you! Got both pieces from Etsy. You can find similar things from other sellers but I'll link the exact ones I got.

3 piece Ford emblem overlays (back, front, steering wheel) I got black background with silver letters/oval.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1163828802/3-pc-ford-oval-badge-overlays-for-21

Domed tailgate letters. I got black.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1150355156/domed-tailgate-letters-compatible-with

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dude , I Love the Ovals ! So you did black and silver for the combo on that etsy site ? Can you see original lettering through the sticker at all ??
Thanks! Yes I went with black/silver.
You can see the shape of the original lettering a little if you don't line it up perfectly, but to be honest I didn't notice this until I was looking for it in response to your question. The silver is raised a little as well, intentionally.
Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? PXL_20220517_133657420~2
Sponsored