Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here is the full 2022 Ford Maverick timeline!
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance: -- 6/8/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins: -- 7/15/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up: -- 8/16/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

Ford Maverick 🗓 2022 Maverick Dates For Ordering Scheduling and Start of Production 2022-maverick-orders-scheduling-production-dates

Source: Donlen
Sponsored

Last edited:

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could be 2022 before we really see many Mavericks on dealer lots if this is the schedule.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Could see Mavs hitting dealer lots around September 1 for customer orders. My company used Donlen for fleet purchasing and they get them delivered quickly after coming off the line. In many cases, the unit arrived at the dealer and they could not deliver to the customer until titling paperwork arrived days later. It will be hard to know our special order units are sitting at the dealer and we can't get them home to our own garage.

Remember, Ford is filling all pre-sale customer orders before dealers can order for their lots, so unless they have pre-sale customers back out when they arrive, they will not have lot inventory for several weeks, possibly 2022, as Rick stated. Any Mavs you see on the road before 2022 were likely pre-sale special orders. I'm betting that demand will be far greater than supply for a few months and dealers will be marking them up. Local dealers here are adding $2000 to Rangers and $5000 on Bronco Sports now.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could see Mavs hitting dealer lots around September 1 for customer orders. My company used Donlen for fleet purchasing and they get them delivered quickly after coming off the line. In many cases, the unit arrived at the dealer and they could not deliver to the customer until titling paperwork arrived days later. It will be hard to know our special order units are sitting at the dealer and we can't get them home to our own garage.

Remember, Ford is filling all pre-sale customer orders before dealers can order for their lots, so unless they have pre-sale customers back out when they arrive, they will not have lot inventory for several weeks, possibly 2022, as Rick stated. Any Mavs you see on the road before 2022 were likely pre-sale special orders. I'm betting that demand will be far greater than supply for a few months and dealers will be marking them up. Local dealers here are adding $2000 to Rangers and $5000 on Bronco Sports now.
Seems a little overly optimistic since that's only 2 weeks after official production start. They have to be transported 150 miles to the border (in Nogales?) and probably a central storage/distribution lot before heading on to final dealer destinations. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of that. When I lived in San Diego they had storage lots near the docks where they held vehicles arriving by both boat and rail, so assuming same here. Also depends on whether they have permits/licensing for Mexican owned/driven trucks to continue transport into USA and if so how far are they allowed to travel into interior of country from ports of entry. This was a big issue in CA and truckers' unions usually won the battles and forced products to be transferred to US owned/driven semis for distribution beyond port of entry.

Sponsored

BostonTruck

First Name
RH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good to know these dates, very helpful, thanks

Hoping to take delivery of my truck on Sept/Oct as order already done and nothing from late availability list

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know for some anxious buyers that pre-ordering and getting the first releases is important. Being the "first kid on the block" to have the latest thing pushes that instant gratification button.
For me, the increased cost, the risk of a unproven product, and having to be part of the initial feeding frenzy make me want to hold back.
So long as my old friend, my '03 Sport Trac, runs well I can be patient. I'm also wired to enjoy the "chase" as much or more than the "catch." YMMV. 😊

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know for some anxious buyers that pre-ordering and getting the first releases is important. Being the "first kid on the block" to have the latest thing pushes that instant gratification button.
For me, the increased cost, the risk of a unproven product, and having to be part of the initial feeding frenzy make me want to hold back.
So long as my old friend, my '03 Sport Trac, runs well I can be patient. I'm also wired to enjoy the "chase" as much or more than the "catch." YMMV. 😊
The way I look at it is the “don’t buy a first year model “ has changed over the years. The quality and pre-engineering is far above past years. Ford, as well as all manufacturers, cannot afford a “dog” to be released with the amount of social media reviews that will take place. I am sure there will be recalls when the real world users show changes needed, but that is also why there is a warrantee. No worries here and a if needed, a brief visit to my close dealer is expected.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
The way I look at it is the “don’t buy a first year model “ has changed over the years. The quality and pre-engineering is far above past years. Ford, as well as all manufacturers, cannot afford a “dog” to be released with the amount of social media reviews that will take place. I am sure there will be recalls when the real world users show changes needed, but that is also why there is a warrantee. No worries here and a if needed, a brief visit to my close dealer is expected.
You'd be surprised at the toothing pains that not only Ford's assembly line goes through, but same as suppliers, training new operators and inspectors etc

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You'd be surprised at the toothing pains that not only Ford's assembly line goes through, but same as suppliers, training new operators and inspectors etc
Hopefully Ford was able to cut their teeth with the Bronco Sport at that production facility but you never know. Thankfully I'm only a few miles away from a dealership should any warranty/recall work come up.

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So people will pay $2-$5k more just to be the first on their block? Not me... No way.

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
Fortunately for me, I have A-plan. They cannot add a premium.
Do you know if X plan would work the same way? I've seen some mention of X plan not necessarily being a huge discount from MSRP, but if it also keeps them from tacking on extra fees that would be a big positive.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know if X plan would work the same way? I've seen some mention of X plan not necessarily being a huge discount from MSRP, but if it also keeps them from tacking on extra fees that would be a big positive.
That is my understanding, on any of the plans, Ford set these price plans for their people. Dealers may get hand slapped if abused. For reference on the X plan price, here is my order with the MSRP and the various plan pricing:

Ford Maverick 🗓 2022 Maverick Dates For Ordering Scheduling and Start of Production 86FD77A9-342E-4E18-852C-9B0F437D79E2

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I'm confused about the order date, if we submit an order post the initial order scheduling date, how far back would that set someone?
Sponsored