NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a fully loaded 23 Carbonized Grey Lariat Hybrid with the BAP and I will order it again as a 24. I know they are trying to sway some away from the Hybrid by making the motor optional but I am sticking to my guns. There is a small part of me thinking maybe wait to see what the 25 have to offer (maybe plug-in hybrid, AWD Hybrid...) but I might as well put in my order and see where the chips fall. Maybe I can pass the 24 down to my wife and reorder a 25 if the upgrade is worth it?
Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy Fourth to all, just joined the forum today. Really enjoy everyone’s input. The question I have is do I have to order my 24 Maverick through a dealer? Or, will a dealer be assigned to my order based on my zip code?
you can put your order in on the Ford ordering site, then when you
I don't understand the shifter complaints. Yes, it is different...but now that I've had it a while, it is nicer. I never accidentally put it in Low or Neutral.

Spin that sucker to the right, you're in Drive...without ever looking. Spin it to the left, and you are in Park. Spin it to the left, then 1 click back to the right and you re in reverse.

I stopped having to worry about even looking at it about the second day of use.
I agree- it took me maybe a couple days to get used to the shifter, what's the big deal? Like you say it's simple to get to D or P. Ford isn't going to redesign it, get used to it.

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably going to forgo the "24 Maverick. 1. Price increase. 2. Time constraints, I just don't want to wait 9 months to a year. 3. '22 worth less when the '24 gets here. 4. Area 51 not available. '22 was $29,500 delivered. The '24, equipped the same, looks to be $36,000 delivered. I'll wait for the '25 and check again. I'm thinking there will be a model change, hopefully for the better.
It's not going to get cheaper

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@glbs51
1688658646117.png

@TheStang Lux pkg with SIBL will be included in Lariat trim now.
2023 Lariat Lux MSRP $2610
2023 CP360 MSRP $750
2023 CP360A MSRP $650
2023 SIBL MSRP $495
Overall total: $4505
The reported 2024 packaging of these items will equal a $225 savings
Nice!

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Black side mirrors standard on Lariat Lux now... Bleh. Glad I didn't wait. And you know they will be glossy cheap piano black that shows scratches everywhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand the shifter complaints. Yes, it is different...but now that I've had it a while, it is nicer. I never accidentally put it in Low or Neutral.

Spin that sucker to the right, you're in Drive...without ever looking. Spin it to the left, and you are in Park. Spin it to the left, then 1 click back to the right and you re in reverse.

I had the dial shifter in my fusion, I liked how it looked and how it operated and how much space it saved. I'm not in the dial hater camp at all. My complaint is it was a significantly nicer feeling unit by comparison for a vehicle in the same price range. The dial in the maverick is a much less satisfying piece of equipment.

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know the Escape and Fusion aren't trucks, right?
Gee captain obvious, I hadn't even noticed. But now that you mention it, both the Escape and Fusion's fully enclosed, trimmed out/lined, insulated, glassed-in rear ends pose a much higher cost of production than an empty truck bed, further buttressing my point. Thanks!

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the dial shifter in my fusion, I liked how it looked and how it operated and how much space it saved. I'm not in the dial hater camp at all. My complaint is it was a significantly nicer feeling unit by comparison for a vehicle in the same price range. The dial in the maverick is a much less satisfying piece of equipment.
I agree. Had it in an Escape and it was a much nicer knob. Considered replacing it and the antenna with the ones from the Escapes. They use a full on shark fin with no screw in antenna. I'm gonna have to work up to these mods later on.

Aguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Engine
Undecided
I am unironically now looking for a Sport Trac so I can stay away from this mess...

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided

my favorite part (i dont own a mav, from pics) is how much more room it gives you. one thing i hate is coming from some old style tiny pickups, such as my current single cab 08 gmc canyon, they actually feel roomier because of the roomy bench seats. yet often a ranger or a colorado thats seemingly twice the size, subjectively almost feels more cramped to me due to bucket seats and the huge center console. feel the same way about most suv's with that setup.

the mav dial shifter looks like it would offer that roomy open feel i'm used too..

Sponsored

Msjulie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Torques me the darker blue is gone - it was extra cost so maybe 'too hard to do right'

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who’s bummed they no longer have the cyber orange? Lol
A Cyber Orange Maverick was just parked in a parking lot and it really grew on me.
I had to take some pictures!
I also noticed some broncos with Cyber Orange on the road and thought that it looked really cool.
Then I went to a car show and noticed this Audi R8 and it dawned on me, the Cyber Orange looks similar! Almost adds the same kind of flair…
Notice how much more orange the Maverick looks VS the R8.
The Cyber Orange was a poor man’s sports car color lol

Plus the cyber orange looks great with the painted side mirrors!

I wonder how many 2024 ford maverick owners are going to do a side mirror body paint color match as a mod? 🤣

Ford Maverick đź“Ł 2024 Maverick ordering & changes info! Price increases, new Terrain & Azure Gray colors, product changes, etc. IMG_6915

Ford Maverick đź“Ł 2024 Maverick ordering & changes info! Price increases, new Terrain & Azure Gray colors, product changes, etc. IMG_1071

Ford Maverick đź“Ł 2024 Maverick ordering & changes info! Price increases, new Terrain & Azure Gray colors, product changes, etc. IMG_4418

Ford Maverick đź“Ł 2024 Maverick ordering & changes info! Price increases, new Terrain & Azure Gray colors, product changes, etc. IMG_6916

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone know if the terrain color will be Tremor only? Would love to order a BAP Terrain Lariat Hybrid, but I don't want to have my heart fall in love and get broken (like it happened with Avalanche Gray 🤣 )

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to like Cyber Orange, but some cameras are over-saturating the color, making it look better than it really is. Its really yellow.
Sponsored