First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally ordered a FWD 2.0EB with 4k tow. I rethought it and changed my order to add AWD. Could've gotten it for free. Oh, well...
Sponsored

dmbell502

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just talked to the guy that handles orders Mavericks for my dealer he's still reviewing his emails from while he was out sick. He said that there was some chatter but that he's going to check with the Ford factory reps for our area. I told him that if was an offer to accept it and we'll straight out the paperwork that evening or the next day depending on my schedule

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
I just talked to the guy that handles orders Mavericks for my dealer he's still reviewing his emails from while he was out sick. He said that there was some chatter but that he's going to check with the Ford factory reps for our area. I told him that if was an offer to accept it and we'll straight out the paperwork that evening or the next day depending on my schedule
This was posted at 9:49am yesterday morning and it mentions the customer satisfaction private offer:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2022-ford-maverick-fwd-4k-tow-package-canceled-heres-why/

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you fail to see why people would feel a bit jaded that they are paying $2200 for something that others are getting free, there really isn't anything to discuss. On the flipside, if someone cannot see why Ford would comp the AWD for those that originally ordered the FWD+4K tow package... oof. Just to be clear, I feel Ford is doing the right thing by offering the upgrade for free for those that ordered FWD+4K Tow Package. That was their screw up and good on them to make it right.

The reality is that Ford is in a no-win situation. They are accommodating a small minority at the expense of angering the majority that is now wondering why they are paying the AWD+4K Tow Package premium. The optimal remedy for those who opted for AWD+4K Tow Package while the FWD+4K Package was available would be to give the customer some free FordBucks™ that they can put towards Ford Accessories. 🤷‍♂️

You even said it yourself: "BUT, in the eyes of honest people it garners goodwill. Goodwill can lead to brand loyalty, Brand Loyalty means future purchases of Ford products."
1. Why should anyone feel entitled to what someone wants to give anybody else for free. Do you scream because a rebate was offered on a product 2 months after you bought it?

2. People that ordered AWD after the FWD 4K tow package stoppage did so after the fact. They went into an agreement with full knowledge of the situation so they are owed nothing. They have not been harmed in ANY way. It was NOT available to them, they made no decision based around that issue.

I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE $2200 AWD OFFER BUT WILL NOT BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT BECAUSE I CHANGED MY MAVERICK ORDER TO A HYBRID AND AM BUYING A NISSAN FRONTIER TO TOW WITH!!!

So, now there is another class of people that you have not thought of. What should they be given? What are they owed? Ford owes me nothing!!!

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
1. Why should anyone feel entitled to what someone wants to give anybody else for free. Do you scream because a rebate was offered on a product 2 months after you bought it?

2. People that ordered AWD after the FWD 4K tow package stoppage did so after the fact. They went into an agreement with full knowledge of the situation so they are owed nothing. They have not been harmed in ANY way. It was NOT available to them, they made no decision based around that issue.

I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE $2200 AWD OFFER BUT WILL NOT BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT BECAUSE I CHANGED MY MAVERICK ORDER TO A HYBRID AND AM BUYING A NISSAN FRONTIER TO TOW WITH!!!

So, now there is another class of people that you have not thought of. What should they be given? What are they owed? Ford owes me nothing!!!
You forgot the part where I said "there really isn't anything to discuss." Also:
Ford Maverick 📢 Official: Free AWD Upgrade Offered to Customers With Cancelled FWD 2.0L + 4K Tow Package Orders 1632439337753

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
a question for you guys in the know.
i made a reservation 9/1 that included FWD with the tow package. i then found the forums. that is when i first saw no tow pack with FWD. i then spoke with the dealer that contacted me and he suggested i re-submit my reservation without tow package. i put a deposit down and have a scheduled build date of 11/1.
am i eligible for the AWD upgrade?

If your dealer took the order for you and Ford accepted it, Yes. Did you get an email from Ford acknowledging your order? You also have your original DORA. If there is any question a good dealer will work on your behalf.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You forgot the part where I said "there really isn't anything to discuss." Also:
1632439337753.png
I read the whole thing twice. Yes I saw it.

I don't buy into the caps and connotation of it meaning "yelling". It is for whiners that may miss the fact that there is a class of people opposite of them(that are eligible) that are NOT (oops, sorry) asking for an ineligible handout.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a call from my dealer today letting me know of this offer. He explained more to come regarding if I will quality for it. He seemed optimistic.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your dealer took the order for you and Ford accepted it, Yes. Did you get an email from Ford acknowledging your order? You also have your original DORA. If there is any question a good dealer will work on your behalf.
no i didnt get that far. i made a reservation. learned tow with FWD was not an option, changed my reservation and made the order.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no i didnt get that far. i made a reservation. learned tow with FWD was not an option, changed my reservation and made the order.
Then I don't think you qualify, but just my opinion! Still see what can be dont if you made a reservation.

Sponsored

NHB_ZOEY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry XSE V6
Well badass for y’all FWD, but what about us that paid for AWD and have BOTH FX4 and 4K? We don’t get anything?

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Ok, so all of us who ordered 4k with FWD are either ignorant, idiots, or both. I've held a class A CDL for over 20 years and have a pretty good idea about what can be towed with what vehicle.

I ordered the 4k not for towing but for the higher capacity cooling system and transmission cooler, and I suspect some others did the same.

I don't care about the AWD offer. I'll most likely decline/not pursue it.

Also not going to get my panties bunched up either way.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I'm going to make an adendum to my paperwork on this truck stating in writing that I really wanted a AWD hybrid but I was forced into an Ecoboost. Next year when the Hybrid is offered in AWD I'll ask Ford for my $2200 back.

Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:
Same here I think people in this situation should be asking for some sort of rebate.

Lorenrn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Called Ford Marketing to check on this private offer. Gave me the number 800-548-3212, called and they are the ones that handle the private offers. Found program #38274… start date 10/4/21 thru 1/3/22. Stated that you have to get with your dealer to finalize the process.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Then I don't think you qualify, but just my opinion! Still see what can be dont if you made a reservation.
resolved - i do not qualify. per my dealer and a call to ford. if i would have put my deposit down on that, the original reservation i would qualify. i literally placed my build before i ever searched for this forum but looked for it after i decided to buy. it was this forum i learned the reservation/order i placed wouldnt be built so i placed a new one without the tow package and that is the one that got the deposit and order actually placed. i wanted the tow package more for what it offered than towing capacity. im not against AWD but its not a needed option for my use.
Sponsored