First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting to see one in person seems impossible. How is the wind and road noise? Interior rattles?
HP, interior dimensions, exterior appearance all seem good enough with specs and pictures.
Sponsored

GregS

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
I honestly haven't noticed any interior rattles, but I've only driven mine two days. I'd say wind and road noise is about typical for small suvs and passenger cars. I haven't noticed any hood fluttering any anything odd like that. And I have a moon roof but can't hear it whistling or anything. With teenage boys in the house, I'm frequently in a Mazda 3, a Hyundai Elantra, and a Toyota Highlander, and I'd say it's just as quiet as the Mazda and Hyundai, and pretty close to the Toyota. But that's just my opinion.

Chasdev

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Silverado 14 Accord
How about ride quality over bumps, bad asphalt and chug holes?
I know tire selection plays an important role in the above but like everyone else I can't find one to sit in (to see if my 6'4" lump even fits in the seat), much less test drive so any info at this point is golden.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I know tire selection plays an important role in the above but like everyone else I can't find one to sit in (to see if my 6'4" lump even fits in the seat), much less test drive so any info at this point is golden.
I test drove a Lariat FX4 with Lux package on Saturday and found it quite quiet inside. I didn't take an incredibly long drive in it and most of the roads I was on were in pretty decent shape so it's tough to say, but it road rather nicely and I heard no rattles or squeaks, even while making tight u-turns and entering and exiting parking lots. I was impressed by my initial drive, as were others at the dealership that were test driving it. Some have commented about engine noise, but this thing was pretty quiet, definitely quiet inside than our Kia Soul, Mazda 6S Wagon and E250 conversion van.

As for fitting, I am 6'2 230 and had plenty of head and shoulder room in the driver, passenger, and rear seats. The seats were comfortable, which is a major priority for me since I drive a ton for work and this will be my main vehicle.
I was impressed and think that the Maverick will fit our needs perfectly.

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was actively seeking out bumps and ruts on the drive back from the dealership yesterday. No fuss or lateral movement when I did find them. Suspension soaks anything minor to the point it's barely noticeable (AWD w/ FX4 Pirellis). Did not have any rattles or hood shimmy.

With just the driver's window down you will get really bad wind buffeting at 55+, but that's just a normal truck thing I had forgotten about. If you crack the back windows it's fine.

I'm 6' 220 and I like to sit up very straight when driving, still plenty of headroom. The cabin feels quite large when you sit in it.

Engine noise is pretty much nonexistent at startup and under 3k rpm, but my other cars are exceptionally loud so maybe I'm just not acclimated to that.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cannot answer as I haven't been in maverick yet, but worked as ROW landman for 12 years 8 driving 2006 RAV4. Changed 65/17 oem to 235/70/16 next higher weight range. Had 20-30% off road. Those tires greatly improved tire durability over oem except from occasional mesquite sidewall thorns but the heavier sidewalls reduced that. I have a Honda CR-V currently and still run 225/65/17 and found that 4k tire rotation helps with tire noise greatly. Am wanting maverick to help noise by removing the "rear echo chamber".

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

GregS

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Ridgeline
I've crossed several railroad tracks and driven on some pretty rough asphalt in our small city -- it takes everything really well. I really don't want to overstate anything, but I'm impressed with the ride for the size of vehicle it is. It's not a huge SUV that should just glide and ride beautifully . . . but this thing is quiet and well put together. I'm looking forward to getting it onto some gravel roads soon and see how it handles (nothing too crazy, but typical fare for rural Arkansas). I'm guessing it will be just fine.

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bmw
I've crossed several railroad tracks and driven on some pretty rough asphalt in our small city -- it takes everything really well. I really don't want to overstate anything, but I'm impressed with the ride for the size of vehicle it is. It's not a huge SUV that should just glide and ride beautifully . . . but this thing is quiet and well put together. I'm looking forward to getting it onto some gravel roads soon and see how it handles (nothing too crazy, but typical fare for rural Arkansas). I'm guessing it will be just fine.
I hope that they do ride '' well '' as I'm getting a loaded out Lariat and my wife will be the ''driver''. She has a new Lexus that she drives--- she has decided to sell.. I hope this works out well for her.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope that they do ride '' well '' as I'm getting a loaded out Lariat and my wife will be the ''driver''. She has a new Lexus that she drives--- she has decided to sell.. I hope this works out well for her.
I hope this works out well for you! A disappointed wife can be hard to live with or so I've heard.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting to see one in person seems impossible. How is the wind and road noise? Interior rattles?
HP, interior dimensions, exterior appearance all seem good enough with specs and pictures.
why is that impossible? should be relatively easy to catch 1 at a dealer near you with a little effort.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might want to go through one of Johny's recent hybrid videos, which touches on those items plus also interior noise or lack thereof based on his experience driving them thus far..

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tried 6 dealers.
I would keep checking their inventory on-line for actual Mavericks in stock. Then go in person instead of calling. There's slim margin on these Mavericks, especially XL and minimal optioned XLTs. Sales people want to get buyers in there ready to sign contracts and probably view phone callers as not worth the time.

JUrban

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would keep checking their inventory on-line for actual Mavericks in stock. Then go in person instead of calling. There's slim margin on these Mavericks, especially XL and minimal optioned XLTs. Sales people want to get buyers in there ready to sign contracts and probably view phone callers as not worth the time.
When I had emailed my dealer last Thursday afternoon to see if I could come in Saturday morning to look at what they had, the salesman said "Yeah they'll be gone by then." Figured it was typical "get them to the floor" BS, but I thought about it and ended up going Friday morning when they opened instead. The six they had on the lot were all already sold... I ended up buying one that was arriving on the next delivery truck.
Sponsored