Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So these FoMoCo rubber mats were sold through Ollieā€™s at some point this summer. I heard about them through this forum. My Ollieā€™s didnā€™t put them out until about two months after others had purchased their mats. I donā€™t recall the exact price but I want to say they were $10-$15 a piece.
I assume they were for another vehicle but with some minor trimming they fit pretty well. One May gets you most of the bed covered. I bought two and trimmer them to fit, and the seem is right beneath my 2X6.
0FE8BB0D-9B9C-40D8-BE38-9595D989997C.jpeg

E3A801D5-91EE-4257-9D92-8429F949B5E0.jpeg

7284D48E-1E88-4A54-8CF7-1016C8BA4681.jpeg

I have A tonneau cover but even when itā€™s rolled up they havenā€™t moved on the highway. Itā€™s a fairly heavy duty mat. For me it was cheaper than buying a maverick specific mat. Doesnā€™t look terrible (YMMV), but more importantly it works great!
I will check our local Ollies this week. I didnā€™t expect them to be that size! Especially for that price. That is a screaming deal!

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Iā€™ve been trying to come up with a solution when Iā€™m running to the grocery store and I have 2 kiddos with me. This divider with 4 hooks on one side and chest latches securing a 2 x 4 x 54 3/8ā€ to a 2 x 8 x 54 3/8ā€ (tapered down a 1/4ā€ at the bottom) will keep things from sliding around! I used a textured black paint and also cut grab handles in the 2 x 8 using a 2ā€ hole saw and a jig saw. Total cost was $46 and took about an hour of time without counting paint dry time. This also includes 4 additional hooks that I haven't (not sure that they are needed) attached yet. I am going to grab another chest latch tomorrow to add to the center of the other side to snug it together a little better. It will also make the unit a more solid, finished piece when attached.

IMG_0958.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0961.jpeg
IMG_0962.jpeg
looks very useful to me. here's what i came up with: a divider with a cargo net and bungie cords to secure stuff

Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks PXL_20230528_204750537

Sponsored

RangeCrawler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GEORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick DIY Bed Divider with Grocery Hooks IMG_0532
I I used 2 2x4s stacked. Itā€™s pretty easy to get them in and out and itā€™s what I had available. I use a piece of particle board shelving and made a divider that can be positioned anywhere along the 2x4s and sits in the bed grooves.
Works pretty good for my needs. I did add some Harbor Freight plastic clamps to hold bags. They just clamp on top of the 2x4s.
the divider works really well when hauling a case of water or propane tank.

OP
OP
Kris Kelley

Kris Kelley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_0532.jpeg
I I used 2 2x4s stacked. Itā€™s pretty easy to get them in and out and itā€™s what I had available. I use a piece of particle board shelving and made a divider that can be positioned anywhere along the 2x4s and sits in the bed grooves.
Works pretty good for my needs. I did add some Harbor Freight plastic clamps to hold bags. They just clamp on top of the 2x4s.
the divider works really well when hauling a case of water or propane tank.
The adjustable sliding divider is a great idea! Propane tanks are always a concern of mine. I used to have a milk crate that I would haul them in, but it has disappeared.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a great idea. I had not thought about it doubling as a support structure. The reason for adding the handles was to pull it out easier if I needed to load something larger. I will check to see if the 2 x 8 (7 1/4" actual height) is the same as the wheel wells. If so, then just unlatching the 2 x 4 and removing it will make a great support structure to carry plywood etc. Another thing I thought about, and will probably change this week, is using eyelets instead of open hooks and attaching carabiners to them to secure bags.
Yes. Use eyelets. Less snag potential.

OP
OP
Kris Kelley

Kris Kelley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes. Use eyelets. Less snag potential.
You are so right! I was taking some bags out today and they were all hanging up on the hooks and not in an intentional way. Grabbing some eyelets tomorrow. I also installed a cargo net this afternoon. Time will tell if that is absolutely necessary.

Sponsored

Ballard_st

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve been trying to come up with a solution when Iā€™m running to the grocery store and I have 2 kiddos with me. This divider with 4 hooks on one side and chest latches securing a 2 x 4 x 54 3/8ā€ to a 2 x 8 x 54 3/8ā€ (tapered down a 1/4ā€ at the bottom) will keep things from sliding around! I used a textured black paint and also cut grab handles in the 2 x 8 using a 2ā€ hole saw and a jig saw. Total cost was $46 and took about an hour of time without counting paint dry time. This also includes 4 additional hooks that I haven't (not sure that they are needed) attached yet. I am going to grab another chest latch tomorrow to add to the center of the other side to snug it together a little better. It will also make the unit a more solid, finished piece when attached.

IMG_0958.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0961.jpeg
IMG_0962.jpeg

If you don't mind explaining, what was the thought behind the chest latches instead of just one piece?

OP
OP
Kris Kelley

Kris Kelley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The largest height piece of lumber I could fit was a 2 x 8. A 2 x 10 wouldnā€™t slide into the slots because it was catching on the bed rail overhang. I wanted it to be pretty tall, and adding the 2 x 4 got me to the height I wanted. The chest latches were originally added to detract from any vibration/rattling it may have, but turned out to be a great way to keep anyone from stealing the divider. The latches have a spot where you can add a lock which keeps it from being removed. If you have a bed cover that wouldnā€™t be a problem, but I havenā€™t order one yet. Waiting till Black Friday and hoping for a sale. šŸ˜

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Used a 2X6: Notched both top corners to help getting it in/out of the bed. Used some coat hooks on one side and tie-down rings on the back for flexibility in carrying items. Placed pipe insulation on the bottom and side to stop any rattles.

Richard D

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with this support design for 4x sheet goods. FYI, the ends are NOT 45 degree cuts,,,,

HRG

Maverick load support.jpg
I have one by the tailgate and one on top of the wheel wells. Sometimes the board on the wells slides out. Any ideas? I want the ability to quickly remove it with out tools.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one by the tailgate and one on top of the wheel wells. Sometimes the board on the wells slides out. Any ideas? I want the ability to quickly remove it with out tools.
Velcro?

HRG
Sponsored