First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered today with 3 to 4 month wait time, shortly after I get a message from the dealer saying, government has not approved the hybrid and it will be at least 7 months.

Also with wait being so long don't forget to get on the ford X pricing it can save around 1,000 on 30,000 price. Google it of if you need info on how to get it ask. I got it for 25 dollars. Make sure your dealer accepts it.

maverickhybridtext.jpg
I ordered my Hybrid Lariat June 10th. I received a November 22nd build date that has since been pushed to December 6th. I don't anticipate receiving the vehicle before Christmas and most likely after the first of the year. So, in my case, it will have been 6 to 7 months.
Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Odd, my hybrid had a production date of 9/20, no updates, but today shows Est. Delivery of 10/18. Window sticker not updated. My wild guess is that it's built, but not EPA stickered yet, so they can't say Built or Shipped, but are expecting so soon. But WTF knows?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered today with 3 to 4 month wait time, shortly after I get a message from the dealer saying, government has not approved the hybrid and it will be at least 7 months.

Also with wait being so long don't forget to get on the ford X pricing it can save around 1,000 on 30,000 price. Google it of if you need info on how to get it ask. I got it for 25 dollars. Make sure your dealer accepts it.

maverickhybridtext.jpg
I don't know where this information comes from they are using the same platform as the escape it's already been tested and approved!!!!!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know where this information comes from they are using the same platform as the escape it's already been tested and approved!!!!!
Not exactly. The electric motor is different for the Maverick. Ford decided to make some tweaks to the design and make it themselves.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not exactly. The electric motor is different for the Maverick. Ford decided to make some tweaks to the design and make it themselves.
I feel like this keeps getting repeated, and I hope I'm not wrong in my response each time, but Ford has been making the hybrid transaxle themselves for many years now, that's not new.

Edit: is it specifically the traction motor and generator motors and their stators that you're talking about, not the whole assembly? If so do you have more info on that history?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GREAT POINT... but it has a NEW ELECTRIC MOTER, NEW TRANSMISSION both not approved so that validates the ford rep. I guess my dealer seems a lot more in the know than some

OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like this keeps getting repeated, and I hope I'm not wrong in my response each time, but Ford has been making the hybrid transaxle themselves for many years now, that's not new.

Edit: is it specifically the traction motor and generator motors and their stators that you're talking about, not the whole assembly? If so do you have more info on that history?
the electric motor was out sourced and made in china not USA

OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer called me Friday to let me know about the possible delay on my mother's hybrid of 6-7 months as well. Said he got it from his factory rep on a conference call that day. He has 5 orders for hybrids and hers is first all code 19. My EB has been scheduled and should arrive late Nov.
At least I was the first with this news so people wont be not nice to you, and your facts wont have to be verified . but thanks for jumping on board

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the electric motor was out sourced and made in china not USA
I find it weird that they make their electric motors at the Van Dyke plant but outsourced this particular one. Do you have any info about that?

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/
"The 2022 Ford Maverick boasts an entirely new electric traction motor that is the first one developed and manufactured fully in-house at Ford. Its form factor isn't terribly different from the motor used in the Ford Escape Hybrid, but it renders the e-CVT transmission a unique new part number from that used in the Escape Hybrid."

See the article for more details.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also keep in mind my dealer had 3 eb in, And let me test ride a eb while most of you were looking at pics from you dealership . So I would bet they are just a ahead of your dealers. But hopefully you guys get them this month.......or in 6 or 7 lol

OP
OP
NBK9NBK

NBK9NBK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KWANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find it weird that they make their electric motors at the Van Dyke plant but outsourced this particular one. Do you have any info about that?
Not sure you read the message I was replying to? But the bronco sport, and others hybrid motors were not made in the usa. The new ford maverick hybrid motor is made in house and is different than previous motors, and will have better quality control.

Last edited:

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI Ford did release information early on that NO dealers would receive hybrids on their lots as stock orders, until retail hybrid orders were satisfied. Not sure if you were around at that point when that information was out.
His impression was this would impact orders as well. How true this is I have no idea but I came here first to see who else had heard of a long delay.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GREAT POINT... but it has a NEW ELECTRIC MOTER, NEW TRANSMISSION both not approved so that validates the ford rep. I guess my dealer seems a lot more in the know than some
Then why are hybrids already getting ready to be shipped in the next 2 weeks? That kinda invalidates your ford rep.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok I may have misinterpreted some present vs. past tense in some comments. So to sum it up, Ford used its own hybrid drivetrain designs in the past but built them in a transmission plant in China? I wonder if they own their own plant there or are they truly outsourcing?

And now Ford is using an improved version of its traction motor design for the Maverick (sweet), and in addition that and the whole transaxle is being built in the Van Dyke plant in the USA now? NBK’ mentioned Bronco Sport, those don’t have a hybrid version do they?
Sponsored

Last edited: