2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like that was a contract of adhesion and since he wanted the truck, he had no choice. The other aspect of it is that, he probably opted for Ford Financing to purchase the Mav; that in itself puts a lien on the truck's title, preventing the sale. So, he got the Mav that isn't really his anyway in that case...

When you rely on people/entities to get a loan to purchase something, you're pretty much at their mercy. Some weasels like to abuse that, while other don't. This is why I purchased mine for cash, as far as the dealer is concerned, the hell with them...
Doesn't matter if you use Ford Credit, your bank or a local credit union. ANY loan puts a lien on the vehicle. So, yeah, technically the bank owns it. But that doesn't mean you can't sell it. You can turn around and sell it the next day. The buyers pays the lien off at the bank and the title is released to the buyer. Assuming the selling price is higher than the lien amount, you pocket the difference. Happens every day.
Sponsored

Ford Fanatic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT.....2022 F-150...2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only read the first page of posts...help me understand...I paid for my Maverick the day I picked it up..Title now in hand....how would the dealer possibly know if I sold it to somebody else???

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only read the first page of posts...help me understand...I paid for my Maverick the day I picked it up..Title now in hand....how would the dealer possibly know if I sold it to somebody else???
Read more and you'll likely just ignore this entire thread.

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck trying that in a "free state" like Texas. I'd roll it up around a #2 pencil and tell them to shove up their arse.
Totally unenforceable! I've got a boner on for my dealer already! I (after i asked to have priority code moved from a 10 and they wouldn't budge)
your contention that a contract is totally unenforcable (as a matter of law) is based on what now?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Time....

Ford Maverick Maverick Resale Restriction by Dealer dead horse

Sponsored

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked mine up last Friday and didn't have to sign any such agreement....however you might want to have your friend check out Carmax, Carvana or Vroom....I got $7K more from Carmax on my trade than the dealership offered 🤔

gmanview

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My friend picked up his '23 rolled over '22 Maverick today and was told he must sign a Resale Restrictions Form to get the truck he ordered. I didn't when I picked up my '22. Has anyone else experienced the same this year?

The restriction is he can't sell for a year, and if he does and gets over MSRP he must give that extra $$ back to the dealer. And he must give 30 days notice to the dealer if he decides to sell before the year is up, and the dealer has first right of refusal to purchase it.

I've heard of a similar restriction on popular vehicles, but not on the Maverick until now. I've attached a redacted copy of the document he had to sign.
This is a SCAM from the dealer. The dealer is trying to profit off of your friend's gain. If he refuses to sign the agreement and they refuse to sell him his vehicle he already has a commitment from the dealer. They will have injured him and he has a strong case against them. The dealer is using a strong-arm tactic to get your friend to sign the agreement.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a $22,000 truck, not a $500,000 GT.

Call sign "Slick"

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good luck trying that in a "free state" like Texas. I'd roll it up around a #2 pencil and tell them to shove up their arse.
Totally unenforceable! I've got a boner on for my dealer already! I (after i asked to have priority code moved from a 10 and they wouldn't budge)

Sponsored

SuperA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022, Ford Maverick Hybird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the past year, I've generated plenty of looks and few inquiries (do you want sell it) and my answer has been no despite some lucrative offers as I love my truck. Now with this going around and that they still cannot produce them fast enough, mine isn't changing owners.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My friend picked up his '23 rolled over '22 Maverick today and was told he must sign a Resale Restrictions Form to get the truck he ordered. I didn't when I picked up my '22. Has anyone else experienced the same this year?

The restriction is he can't sell for a year, and if he does and gets over MSRP he must give that extra $$ back to the dealer. And he must give 30 days notice to the dealer if he decides to sell before the year is up, and the dealer has first right of refusal to purchase it.

I've heard of a similar restriction on popular vehicles, but not on the Maverick until now. I've attached a redacted copy of the document he had to sign.
I would sign it and ignore it. And, ask for a discount for signing it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don’t understand? Who would ever want to get rid of their Maverick? 🤔
I received my XLT and now my Lariat is ready. Would you like an XLT? With lux hitch, hybrid and a few other options. 1100 miles.
Sponsored