First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fleet order mavericks with trailer hitch could be great for certain business. Like lawn care, needing a small trailer to tow a couple lawn mowers.
I was thinking the same thing. I saw a couple of guys doing landscaping work in my neighborhood this morning. They were driving an older F150 with a trailer that had their mowers, weed trimmers, blowers and other gear.

A Maverick could haul a crew of four and a small trailer for all of their equipment.
Sponsored

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if all the retail orders dry up (not likely) they at least have the fleet orders to pay for all the tooling etc. and not take a loss on their investment. On the bright side, in three years there will be used Fleet Mavericks for sale!

Get used to seeing a lot of white Mavericks running around!
You absolutely will and it devalues the used market!

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have never seen auto parts delivery trucks towing a trailer. Hitches are a constraint item so that is a waste of hitches. Should have used those on customer orders who intend to use them.
Never seen such an entitled group of people as some of those on the Maverick truck club. ;)

Given that those trucks are base XLTs, they wouldn't have come with a hitch without it being optioned. Clearly the customer wanted them.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never seen such an entitled group of people as some of those on the Maverick truck club. ;)
I would call it pride in ownership rather than entitlement. Many folks here are just glad to see an affordable, efficient, and great looking truck in the marketplace and their hard efforts to see that truck in their driveway.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would call it pride in ownership rather than entitlement. Many folks here are just glad to see an affordable, efficient, and great looking truck in the marketplace and their hard efforts to see that truck in their driveway.
Except that's not the issue at hand. No nobody is questioning ones pride in what vehicle they choose to buy.

The entitlement is coming from those waiting for trucks, thinking they should get them first, no matter how long that fleet customer may have waited. For all we know they were ordered in June 2021. I get it waiting it painful, been there done that. That doesn't mean other customers shouldn't get what they ordered, regardless of how many orders they have. For all we know the company that bought these is running beat up Rangers from 2011 with 400k miles that are hanging together by a thread.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never seen auto parts delivery trucks towing a trailer. Hitches are a constraint item so that is a waste of hitches. Should have used those on customer orders who intend to use them.
Well all I can say is it's probably not a "waste", they more than likely had a need if they ordered the optional hitch, "fleet" vehicles are used by all kinds of businesses that could use a hitch, also think about all the City and County governments, street & sanitation, parks and recreation, utility companies, the list goes on and on. Yes that's a lot of hitches, but their entitled to them as much as a retail customer is IMO

Last edited:
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except that's not the issue at hand. No nobody is questioning ones pride in what vehicle they choose to buy.

The entitlement is coming from those waiting for trucks, thinking they should get them first, no matter how long that fleet customer may have waited. For all we know they were ordered in June 2021. I get it waiting it painful, been there done that. That doesn't mean other customers shouldn't get what they ordered, regardless of how many orders they have. For all we know the company that bought these is running beat up Rangers from 2011 with 400k miles that are hanging together by a thread.
I see your point and you make good sense. I think this explanation of your previous comment would have saved some misconceptions.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I disagree fleet sales such as police/cares taxie/cabs rental/cars just fleet sales period De/values the product of the manufactories that produces them such as ford dodge chevy you do not see Honda fleeting there cars such as police and or taxie or rental. That is why "Honda" has the best resale value than any car on the market. Not toyota or any other brand. when you goto a rental you will hardly ever see a honda avalible, but you will see ford,Chevy,Dodge,Toyota but very and i mean very few hondas and that is because they have to pay full price for Hondas. So you say let ford sale all these "Mavericks" to the fleet/Corp and you if you get it you will be waiting at the back of the line . It may take well over a year to get it good luck with your support for these fleet/corp!
I canā€™t make any sense out of this šŸ˜‚
FWIW, I wasnā€™t talking about resale value, I was thinking more along the lines of continued service and good parts availability as mentioned in the post I was agreeing with.
I would argue that a reputation for outstanding reliability drives Hondas resale value more than what you perceive as a lack of participation in fleet sales. People pay a premium for old Hondas because they stay on the road, not because of any scarcity.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there are more of them on the way according to the dealer two river ford!
If you have an inside scoop can you tell us who is buying the 70 fleet Mavericks?

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's like a sea of what I ordered.... Though they probably don't have the luxury pkg.
It kind of makes me think that white has a higher take rate than what the charts have shown, or just that nobody ordering their Mavericks are opting for fleet white like some of us have. ...and probably for that reason. After all, my wife always criticizes my color choice as such.
Sponsored