Car washes ?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reason I posted was I found the local car washes had monthly unlimited car washes if you join for 20 bucks a month but I noticed in the small print it did not include the touch free washes and I was going to get that for a Christmas present but the more I think about it it's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas so I will just do it on my own at the touch free until spring when I can break out the bucket. My southern brothers and sisters have it made caring for there Mav's.
I will not use a brush wash service to keep it looking good and look into ceramic coating to protect it. We are very happy we waited for the Maverick to come in
Thank you , Dan
@NH Dan I hope you like your Maverick as much as I do. Just enjoy the thing and don't obsess over it. My God Man It's Built Ford Tough, just look at the left side of the dash when you open the door (y)
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reason I posted was I found the local car washes had monthly unlimited car washes if you join for 20 bucks a month but I noticed in the small print it did not include the touch free washes and I was going to get that for a Christmas present but the more I think about it it's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas so I will just do it on my own at the touch free until spring when I can break out the bucket. My southern brothers and sisters have it made caring for there Mav's.
I will not use a brush wash service to keep it looking good and look into ceramic coating to protect it. We are very happy we waited for the Maverick to come in
Thank you , Dan
I haven’t used this but I have seen lots of others post good things about this product
Turtle Wax 53409 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating - 16 Fl Oz. https://a.co/d/6QqSTZJ

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been taking my trucks to a brush car wash for the last 20 years and never had issues.
I only go every week or two so not often but my trucks live in the garage and don't do much truck stuff. I know a lot of people don't like them and I understand but I just don't want to hand wash my pickups anymore. Having said that I do hand pick where I get my Maverick washed. Don't have many brushless washes where I live so no input.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s a gratifying feeling when u hand wash your vehicles. But it’s nice to just run up to your local mister and get er done in minutes.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a local brush wash that I used to use. Used to. I used to use it because it was cheap and they had really good "free" vacuums available after you got a wash. My old car had a set of deep horizontal scratches on the side panels from the brushes. Now an old car like our 05 explorer? No problem. A new car? No way.

There is also a local no touch wash that does a reasonably good job. They also have self service bays with power wash hoses. I figured out that if you used the power washer on the wheel dust and to cover the car with foam, then ran through the no-touch wash, it worked really well and all you had to do was dry it with some clean microfiber cloths.

I have been using Adams advanced graphene spray coating with very good results. VERY easy to apply and it seems to last at least a few months. Water beads like crazy and when you wash it, it comes clean.

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ucts/graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™-advanced

Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My cars get car washes at least every 2 years whether they need it or not.

I remember people losing their minds when it was either Lamborghini or Ferrari turned out to run their cars through a touch car wash. I really don't much car what my car looks like as long as it's clean in the engine compartment.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't know where you guys live but I haven't seen a brushless car wash since I was a kid and am old, am not going out their in the middle of winter and wash my truck, luging hot water out is not fun and would freeze on the truck or in the bucket. I do weather permitting use a spray wax on the vehicle, only takes less than a hour and keeps the vehicle clean.
My dog has to hang his head out the rear door windows and drools, those doors get extra wax and clean up easily. I will take my chances with the car wash in the cold winter months and hand wash the rest of the year.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi all good people
We took delivery of my wife's Mav in November ( 2022 cyber Org XLT lux EB Tow pkg AWD ) and now I have to start Christmas shopping so I got some nice tailgate lettering and don't think I can include this as a Christmas present because it is stuff I want to do to the truck, I drive it on the weekends and at night during the week. I have a 28 year old wrangler that I frame up rebuilt because the frame kept coming up with required repairs so I could get a sticker, yes with leaf springs and a 4.0 lt 6 cyl 5 speed manual trans that I drive daily so it feels like a dump truck compared to the Mav. Any way I wanted to get her a pass for car washes and wanted your opinions on touch free and brush car washes. I wanted an unlimited club card but it does not include touch less washes and wondered what y'all think of car washes in general. I only ask this because I trust the good people that know the Mav is the great value that it is. The people still waiting hang on Man you are going to love it. ( Our first new car purchase )
Thanks in advance
Dan
I almost never use automated washes. Hand wash only 99 % of the time for me.

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have taken my Maverick through a soft touch (brushes & hanging clothes) many times already and have yet to notice anything wrong with my paint or any other part of my truck.

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a two-bucket hand wash system. Automatic car washes can destroy the paint with scratches. When I was younger, auto washes didn't bother me, but as I got older I could see the damage they were doing to my vehicles. It's tough to do here in Michigan, in the winter, but the alternative is just to go to the local wand place and run some pink soap on it and rinse it off (spray the undercarriage for salt). DON'T USE THEIR BRUSHES!!!

Sponsored

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Bristol, CT; same weather you get in Nashua. I suggest only using the touch free car wash to include the under carriage in the winter months and hand wash in the warmer months.

The Maverick paint is thin (mentioned many times here) and I don't trust the regular car wash brushes and straps. Just my 2 cents.
That's funny I live in Bristol Ct.

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2016 Expedition that I bought new and it has had nothing but brushless, touchless washes. The paint looks new. I plan on doing the same with my Mav. I am almost at 13,000 mi with the mav and it has never been touched with a brush!

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's funny I live in Bristol Ct.
Odd I have not seen you running around; only seen one other white Maverick since I picked up mine last April, it was an XL

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Odd I have not seen you running around; only seen one other white Maverick since I picked up mine last April, it was an XL
I don't drive much. I picked mine up in May and only have 2k miles on it.
I don't drive much. I picked mine up in May. And I only have 2k miles.

Ford Maverick Car washes ? Screenshot_20230103-104943_Photos

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have taken my Maverick through a soft touch (brushes & hanging clothes) many times already and have yet to notice anything wrong with my paint or any other part of my truck.
Same here. Have a 2018 F-150 and a 2013 Accord as well, all go through our local soft touch car wash about twice a month, not a single issue on any of them. To each their own, just giving my experience.
Sponsored