Sponsored

Looking for accessory guidance from current owners.

ashancock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My A51 XLT hybrid has shipped and is expected in 3-5 weeks (woo!)

I know that I want the following accessories:
* Drop in bed liner
* Tonneau cover (probably bakflip based on research here and in reddit)
* Dashcam

For those who have already had these accessories installed, any advice on whether to order before delivery or after delivery? From the dealer or aftermarket? I've read that I'll have enough fordpass points after the vehicle purchase to cover some or all of one accessory... So presumably something will have to be ordered after I drive my mav home.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After Market. I also like the smoke gray hood deflector on either the Cactus Gray or the Area 51. Offers a bit of protection as well IMHO.

I have saved and am saving my points for oil changes and wheel rotations. Will cover about three of these combos. I like the first oil changes done by the dealer for assurance of warranty coverage.

Last edited:

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

* Drop in bed liner
* Dashcam

For those who have already had these accessories installed, any advice on whether to order before delivery or after delivery? From the dealer or aftermarket? I've read that I'll have enough fordpass points after the vehicle purchase to cover some or all of one accessory... So presumably something will have to be ordered after I drive my mav home.

Here's what the Aeroskin deflector and window vents look like on A51.
Ford points are approximately 200 points = $1.00, so you get about $200 from the Maverick purchase. I got both of these with points. I don't think any tonneau covers are that cheap.You have to use points at dealer, but can be used for service as well.
Ford Maverick Looking for accessory guidance from current owners. 1672297376794

Slyder6665

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, 2016 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Real Truk is a Great Place to order from with a helpful staff. Same with Rough Country, Tries and Wheels, B.B. Wheels they help with Off sets and Max sizes. Enjoy the Journey

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My suggestion would be not to order anything expensive until you get the "Built" email. You still have 4-6 weeks from that to delivery. To add to your list, tailgate lettering, all weather floor mats, the Ford hood/bug protector, LastFit LED Backup bulbs (make a World of Difference at night), cravenspeed stubby antenna

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can pick up the drop in bed liner from Accessories.Ford.com right now and save 20 percent using the coupon code Festive20, making it $332.00. The savings also apply to any other accessories you want to get, up to $200.00 off. This offer expires Dec 31st, however, Ford's site almost always has 10 or 20 percent off on accessories.

OP
OP

ashancock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like there's broad agreement on the hood deflector and floor mats... Will add those to the list. Has anyone installed the dashcam themselves? Was it a huge pain?

hungliketictacs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick EcoBoost FWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Linus Tech tips did a video on dash cams that's worth a watch.

I followed a DIY guide here on the forums and it was cake, don't sweat the install!

Last edited:

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Duraliner drop in liner as I could not get a liner from Factory and I don't want a modular one. Look up Duraliner on the internet. They shipped to a dealer in my area and I picked it up there, it was there the next day! $289 plus tax

Ford Maverick Looking for accessory guidance from current owners. IMG_9591.JPG

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

* Drop in bed liner
* Dashcam

This is what I did to my Lariat, and my thoughts on each mod. I tinted the front door windows, cost $90 locally. I like the results. I bought a trifold bed cover rather than a rollup because they're easier to use. I installed the hood skin to prevent paint chips, looks good, and should help protect hood. Installed tailgate letters, I like the look. Here's what I don't like, I installed the rain guards over the windows, that mount on the outside, they seem to big for the Maverick, and may replace them with the deflectors that fit into the window channels. (Look at Maverick pictures in the forums with both type deflectors) Also shop on line, and save your points for service.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"In channel" side window defectors are my preference also, but I've yet to fine anyone who manufacturers them yet, all I've found are the Ford/Lund and AVS brands that are stick on. I keep waiting on WeatherTech but they still don't make them yet, even though it appears at first glance on their website that they do. If anyone knows of any that are available please advise.

Ford Maverick Looking for accessory guidance from current owners. weathertech

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Real Truk is a Great Place to order from with a helpful staff. Same with Rough Country, Tries and Wheels, B.B. Wheels they help with Off sets and Max sizes. Enjoy the Journey
Contact Alex Pendleton and tell him you are a member of the Maverick Truck Club and he will give you a large discount.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

* Drop in bed liner
* Dashcam
My advice, as a former owner of a truck accessory store, is to get the bed liner with your points. All of the items you listed will be less expensive in the aftermarket than a Ford-branded version of the same thing, but the bed liner is awkward to have shipped and to handle. It's probably the item that will be mostly or completely paid for with your points.

So, take advantage of your points where you'll cover the largest portion of the cost and do the rest aftermarket.

It was pretty common for customers to drive directly from the dealership to our store for those items. They sometimes came in and ordered them beforehand, so they'd be in stock for us to install right then and there.

BakFlip is a quality brand, and we sold a fair number of them with very few warranty issues.

Dashcams are all over the place, in terms of pricing. Just make sure you verify things like resolution, field of vision, shock sensing for accident detection and video locking. I've seen some that require use of their software for playback, so also make sure they are recording in an industry standard format that most video players will support.

Reactions: HTX

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the Duraliner drop in liner as I could not get a liner from Factory and I don't want a modular one. Look up Duraliner on the internet. They shipped to a dealer in my area and I picked it up there, it was there the next day! $289 plus tax

IMG_9591.JPG
I also bought the Duraliner and not happy at all with the purchase experience or product Quality. I tried multiple times to call on phone with questions, but only got an answering machine message stating to leave my "Customer #" and nature of business if I wanted a call back- WTF? I could not find any shipping info without selecting the product into my cart. Then it offered me option of ship to my home for $170.00 or to nearby authorized dealer (1-5 hours away). When I backed out of that screen I found their "dealer network" tab and 1 was listed in next town over (47 miles) that wasn't shown in cart and purchase process. Went back and began purchase process again and by 3rd screen with filling out billing/payment info it did let me select the guy in next town over, but that $289.00 isn't everything- there were 4 accessories selected automatically I couldn't delete if I didn't want them and no real description what they were. I had not seen any other under the rim 1 piece liners out there so took a chance and moved on to final purchase screen. Only then did tax show up and there were a couple on there that were not legit based on where I live- but you can't chat or email or call anyone to get it corrected. Ended up being a Total cost of $313.00 and 2 hours round trip to get it.

That's not all, my payment acknowledgement stated it would be shipped in a day or 2 and I would get confirmation email- never happened. This was early Tuesday of week of Thanksgiving, so I just figured they were busy with last minute orders and probably had a long weekend too. Waited until Thursday after Thanksgiving weekend and finally called the dealer about picking it up and he said it was there but he didn't know anything about it- but Duraliner didn't notify him it was coming and a big delivery truck just showed up in his lot 1 day and honked the horn. By the time the owner got outside to see what it was, the driver had dumped my liner on the ground and left without a word. Wasn't even in a box...

The shop owner was a total jerk when I got there to pick it up and complained he knew nothing and I needed to contact Duraliner with Questions- and I should've bought it directly from him if I wanted any help. Told me to pull my truck up to a roll up door outside and while I was doing that he drags it across the asphalt unprotected and leaves it there and goes inside. This was late November and it's below freezing out there and I'm getting pissed off loading it but decide to check the parts bag taped on for all those accessories I got charged for- and it was missing the "U-Channel" trim piece that actually holds the front of the liner to bed of the truck under back window. So I go back in and the guy says I already told you- call the company with any issues and I said it's missing parts can you at least check your shop and he clams up and points me out the front door. Drove home pissed and got the answering machine again at Duraliner.

Worst part is after checking it out before install, turns out the tailgate skin was predrilled wrong and no way to modify it cleanly to fit. It appeared to have been vacu-formed and didn't even cover to the edges of tailgate and had been poorly trimmed (like out of a sheet mold) with a jig saw and still had burrs and rips on it everywhere. Total piece of useless garbage I paid $39.00 extra for on that accessory pick list. Luckily, I had Ford Pass Rewards points to cover the OEM version to replace it for $105.00.

Also turned out the predrilling and trimming were poorly done but salvageable on the tub part, but I had to make my own mount for the front which was better than the piece they left out as the instructions showed it only attached to the truck with double sided sticky tape!

I would NOT waste your time buying this from Duraliner after wasting $313.00 and the lousy customer service experience along with poorly manufactured product.

-Rant off
Sponsored