First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I know a lot of Maverick owners tend to be first-time truck owners and as such are unfamiliar with accessories that are offered for their new vehicle
When it comes to your new Maverick what are your first thoughts on add-ons to make this truck your own?

I know a lot of people start off with tonneau covers to keep the bed covered and items in the bed secured. But going from there what would your next item be? I want to make sure that we can assist as best as we can with not only questions you might have but also offer help on finding the best product for your needs at a price that cannot be beaten.

Being such a newer truck to the market some manufacturers are still catching up in trying to release products, and with how hard it has been for you all to get them and the periods of time you have had to wait, our manufacturers are feeling the same pain. Customization is coming!
Sponsored

Nameless

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The maverick comes with a lot of tie down points in the bed, but you know what the truck doesn’t come with? Ratcheting straps for those tie downs.
I’ve had a lot of trucks in my life, a bag full of ratcheting tie downs was behind the seats of every one.

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Once my Maverick gets delivered (currently in production, hopefully delivered in the next month or two), I will fall into the category of first-time truck owner.

My first purchase will be a tonneau cover. Next will be some all weather floor mats and some boards for a DIY bed divider system. I will probably look into some splash guards or mud flaps, and possibly some sort of cargo management system if the DIY bed dividers don't cut it.

After using the truck for a bit I might try to find a bed rack if I feel like I will make use of it.

I already have a hitch mounted bike rack that I will use, and I look forward to using my 3D printer to see what I can make for the FITS slots.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Something to cover the area behind the drivers rear tire; besides a mud flap.

Rear window defroster kit.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly, since I'm getting the Atlas Blue, my next purchase after the cover and liner will be chrome accents. I think they will pop on that metallic blue.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want a good deflector that doesn't tape to my hood and doesn't cause hood rattle. Is that really too much to ask? I don't want to have to apply tape to my paint!

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know you and other suppliers have them. I would like to put on running boards when my truck arrives. I have asked but have not got an answer yet if anyone has put on a pair without any drilling or fabricating. A hole or two is OK, but this old man can't take too much crawling around on a cement floor to install running boards.
So, all you vendors, if your product mounts or installs without fabrication or extra changes to the truck, please say so in your product description, as some do.

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nerf bars specifically manufactured for mounting to the hybrids

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Avs bugflector 2 from realtruck . attaches to holes already in Hood with plastic grommets . I have one . it also covers both front fenders edges as well as Hood .

Ford Maverick Looking for feedback 20220509_141016

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nerf bars specifically manufactured for mounting to the hybrids
Please provide a link. I should have asked in my first post, since several vendors make Nerf bars.

Sponsored

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would love to see a Brush Bar/ front end protection, something tasteful that offers some protection for intercooler specifically, that does not alter approach angle too much. Im not looking to push down any trees just some piece of mind up front to minimize any potential damage.

Thanks.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want a good deflector that doesn't tape to my hood and doesn't cause hood rattle. Is that really too much to ask? I don't want to have to apply tape to my paint!
I didnt either, but I bit the bullet cuz every rock in wisconsin found my hood :(

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok something cheap and small, for a change. A 12v plug to replace the cover of the prewired 12 volt wires next to tailgate. It’s a easy enough mod but for 25-30 dollars would rather spend 2 minutes to pop off the cover and use existing socket to attach new 12v cigarette plug in its place.
Would also like a USB/battery voltage for the driver side. There is a few threads near the top pages today. Showing the USB adapter I wanted
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...te-3d-printed-for-12v-accessory-outlet.19672/.

Last edited:

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Avs bugflector 2 from realtruck . attaches to holes already in Hood with plastic grommets . I have one . it also covers both front fenders edges as well as Hood .

20220509_141016.jpg
Do you have a side shot and a driver's view of this? Curious about its profile. Thanks.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have a side shot and a driver's view of this? Curious about its profile. Thanks.
I've read a good number of folks have issues with those causing hood flutter and holes not lining up at all.
Sponsored