Sponsored

Ordered and waiting? Good luck. Prepare to be disappointed by Ford !!!!!!!!!!

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

[Word is that if you can read through the meme thread in one sitting, your modules will begin to populate spontaneously.]

I’ve obviously failed, repeatedly, achieving maybe the 9th step, never double digits, had to return to 1st Step over-and-over [“Hello. I’m an MTC member, have had an order for over a year and believe The Blue Oval is Customer Centric”].

My modules have populated by smoldering and smoking, slowly, probably ‘cuz I dove into the Meme thread [morass?] late, chewed through @ 80, switched to the end and backtracked…before giving up. So no chance of spontaneous population of modules.

Experiencing the Meme Thread in one sitting = The Unicorn!
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Let’s look at the known facts:
Ford built almost 120,000 Mavericks in MY22, which was actually more than their initial plan.
The commodity mix was known from day one and corresponding contracts were let to suppliers based on that plan.
Ford had full visibility to the orders as they were coming in, including volume and commodity mix. They knew immediately it did not match their completely incorrect marketing product mix forecast.
There has never been any meaningful shortage issues on Maverick components that fit the original build plan. Only the attempts to make commodity plan changes after the start of production was an issue.

Ford had all the necessary information to determine which orders could be built, and when, more or less. With the appropriate transparency and communication we all would have know where we stand on our orders and deliveries. With that information, people could have made informed decisions on how to proceed.

Instead we were treated to confusion and an utter lack of transparency and information (actually plenty of misinformation) which lead to all kinds of confusion and frustration. Ford’s order entry, scheduling and allocation systems were proven to be woefully inadequate to the task and no effort was made to resolve these issues. Quite the contrary, all we got was happy talk from people who clearly did not care.

Your homely excuse might apply to toilet paper in 2020, but it’s totally off base for this situation where all the information was known to Ford in advance. Had they acted on it with transparency and communication in a timely manner, you wouldn’t see the frustrations expressed by people here.

(I won’t go into the dealer behavior situation, but Ford knows about that too)
Wut? Are you monologuing like the OP?

LushRoller

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've thought a few times that Ford should actually be charging us less (even more so for first year orders) to basically be guinea pigs for their new vehicle, and silently wait for it to be built with no clear timeline. I know there are Ford fans who won't tolerate any criticism and I'm not saying other manufacturers would have necessarily done better (though I suspect some would have) but it is definitely a change from the usual way of buying a car from a lot or ordering being an experience with a fairly clear and ~3 month timeline.

At the end of the day Ford is the one who offered the truck for sale. They're the ones who said they wanted to move to ordering rather than dealer allocations. They're the ones who bragged about it being a hybrid, the price, and so on. Now in their favor they seem to offer a good truck at a decent price (I don't really agree with the claims that it's "cheap", it still costs a decent chunk of change), but the ordering of that vehicle, the short supply of the touted hybrid, all the crying about how they can't meet the deal the offered due to shortages and delays, does seem to be a very poor experience.

If Ford is so short in supplies (a claim I'm also skeptical of, they have no problem building plenty of the more profitable vehicles) maybe they should consider doing business how Mazda does, I know Mazda apparently does not accept orders, they build what they can and dealers get what they're allocated. If you let your dealer know in time, they can try to get the exact build you want on their lot, but that's it.

Last edited:

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not prioritizing 2021 -22 orders is a slap in the face. October 11 here no Vin # August of 21 :rolleyes: WOW! I called CS today and still no private offer?
it really is. had i not waited so long already, i would move on. this will probably be my last ford though.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Let’s look at the known facts:
Ford built almost 120,000 Mavericks in MY22, which was actually more than their initial plan.
The commodity mix was known from day one and corresponding contracts were let to suppliers based on that plan.
Ford had full visibility to the orders as they were coming in, including volume and commodity mix. They knew immediately it did not match their completely incorrect marketing product mix forecast.
There has never been any meaningful shortage issues on Maverick components that fit the original build plan. Only the attempts to make commodity plan changes after the start of production was an issue.

Ford had all the necessary information to determine which orders could be built, and when, more or less. With the appropriate transparency and communication we all would have know where we stand on our orders and deliveries. With that information, people could have made informed decisions on how to proceed.

Instead we were treated to confusion and an utter lack of transparency and information (actually plenty of misinformation) which lead to all kinds of confusion and frustration. Ford’s order entry, scheduling and allocation systems were proven to be woefully inadequate to the task and no effort was made to resolve these issues. Quite the contrary, all we got was happy talk from people who clearly did not care.

Your homely excuse might apply to toilet paper in 2020, but it’s totally off base for this situation where all the information was known to Ford in advance. Had they acted on it with transparency and communication in a timely manner, you wouldn’t see the frustrations expressed by people here.

(I won’t go into the dealer behavior situation, but Ford knows about that too)
Anyone with enough savvy to order a new vehicle(not just buy whatever is on the lots) should have atleast looked on the forum most dedicated to it. Long bwfore the maverick was even seen in spyshots there were people(underfunded B6Gers), who were telling people haw bad this process was gonna get. Basically when everyone was freaking out i the pandemic, Fords Bronco, Lightning, Mache, and Maverick was the best auto news around. People gobbled it up. Ford then went from slightly underselling against the rest to, whoa crap everyone wants these new vehicles that we just got out of clay model phase. They needed something on the books during that screw job of a "what pandemic?" response that other guy had. So the took orders and reservations and made a promise. That promise had only 1 time line. As fast as we can. People told themselves they would be lucky and get theirs early, because of the "me" thing. But that was just speculation based on a dream.

Thats where we are left. They are building em, that is a fact. It aint no Tucker, they are on the roads. But 100,000 vehicles aint jack to the hungry masses. It sucks but its life.

Show of hands who here has to rely on multiple 30 year old vehicles(yeah thats right 80s and 90s stuff, those crazy times where your seatbelt could chop your head clean off by opening the doors!) just because none of em are reliable to last till Maverick A.D. ? Only one I have that doesnt have over 200,000 miles is because nothing on the dash but the oil and amps works! The other ones are full of leaks and swiss cheese. They require daily once over glances.

Thats what we are rocking. None of em cost me over $3000 to buy but they stay living year after year.

One day, Ford willing, we will have a cool truck that holds its fluids and has AC. Till then Im patient.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 Mav is my first Ford.

Maybe I've had different life experiences than others having ordered and wai................ted and waited some more for motorcycles to be factory built and delivered before but I didn't come into this with any expectation of a quick turnover.

Echoing the previous poster on looking into the process before committing to ordering something that hadn't been built/wasn't available on the lot.

If anyone wants to really experience the pain of waiting, try ordering a new boat.

Not only do you get the pleasure of the multi-year wait you can expect that after your float testing you will need to return it to the builder for possibly another years wait while the builder fixes what they didn't get right during construction.

Patience is a virtue. If anyone needs something "now" then take what's on the lot.

the-best-things-in-life-come-with-patience-your-positive-6905177.png
At least you knew what to expect with the boat, especially a custom build.

The issue here is not so much the wait time, but the lack of transparency and communication from Ford, which leaves people frustrated. Sprinkle in some misinformation and a few lies and no wonder people are unhappy.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Ford was smart for 2024 they go entirely to dealer stock orders. At least then the only dissatisfaction would be people complaining about the ADM. Ford wants to move towards retail orders, but they'll never satisfy their customers that way.

Fancy Farm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will never satisfy John Q public. I have one ordered and I knew the score before I ever ordered it because I educated myself to the process. It is what it is Ford does not need to hold your hand or kiss your butt. When my truck get's here I will pay for it and drive it.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did. The OP totaled his truck in August of 21 then proceeded to order a Maverick in August of 21. The OP then expected his order to be delivered before his expectations and is disappointed that it was not.
the people who originally ordered in 2021 had no idea what kind of wait they’d be in for as they didn’t have a previous year to use as reference.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
the people who originally ordered in 2021 had no idea what kind of wait they’d be in for as they didn’t have a previous year to use as reference.
I ordered in 2021. Yes we did have an idea on how long it would take. It was pretty obvious by early October 2021.

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford may not be able to fix the lock of parts, but they should certainly be able to fix the lack of customer communication.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
With the current trend in waiting times, I have a few back up vehicles ready to order or buy if I need to get into something quickly. I want a smaller, relatively fuel efficient truck but I’m down for a car too. The truck bed for me is a bonus but I have friends with under utilized trucks that are glad to help me when the time comes.

I hate that you’ve been dealing with all the delays.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to vent here because it's not the forum or other members fault, but this has be one of the worst buying experiences I've ever had as far as customer service is concerned. This isn't a $20 Amazon purchase... or a return at Home depot (which are handled with a fair amount of wisdom and courtesy), but it's a multi thousand dollar expense.
- Aug 2021 totaled my 2 year old vehicle (sorry elk)... need a replacement. I drive a 100 miles plus a day so a hybrid or vehicle that gets reasonable mileage is a priority.
- Research on my part comes across a new Ford vehicle... a small hybrid pickup. Wow. That sounds great. I think that would fit my needs.
- Aug 2021 I order online (no deposit needed? great) and then head to the dealer to finalize. Sorry they say, we have to have a deposit to place the order. OK I say and hand them $1000 and for the first time in my life, order a new vehicle that is exactly like i want it. Color, options etc... great I can't wait. Dealer said possibly by November but worst case by end of year.
- In the mean time can't do without another vehicle, so I go buy something else. I know I'm going to loose money on it, but oh well. It will only be a few short months and I'll be trading it in and it won't be too bad.
- End of 2021... well after following the forums. Seems like the wait will be a little longer than expected. Want the Maverick to I'll hang in there and wait.
- Jan, Feb, March, Apri 2022... no updates from Ford. Other than what I read on the forums, I have no idea what the status is or when I might expect to actually get my truck.
- April 2022 progress! I finally get an email form Ford. I have a production date of early Jun 2022. It's been a long wait but great news.
- Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but after numerous chats and phone calls to customer service I find out production date had been changed to later in Jun 2022
- Later in Jun 2022, nothing from Ford but calls and chat reveal date changed again to late Jun 2022.
- Late Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but via calls and chat discover production date has changed to early Aug 2022.... then mid Aug 2022... then late Aug 2022.
- Aug 30th 2022. Message from Ford. "Your Maverick is built and is awaiting shipping! It may take a few day to a week but your vehicle will soon be on it's way".
- 2 weeks later. Nothing from Ford. Calls to customer calls and chat to customer service always says I can check the status online (which provide no updates).
- Late Sept 2022. Calls and chat tell me now shipping/delivery is mid Oct 2022.
- Call today.. First time I really vented to Ford customer service rep (sorry to her) but now they say expected delivery is end of Oct 2022.

Moral of the story?
Don't expect any valid updates from Ford on the status of your vehicle.
Don't expect what they do tell you to be true and not change.
Don't expect any valid info or insight from Ford as to your expected delivery date.
Don't expect the dealer to have any more information to help make you feel better.
Do expect... or at the very least not be surprised if these same things happen to you.
Do expect to see others with the exact same order as yours receive their vehicle months ahead of you.
Do make an $10 Amazon order if you want some reasonable customer service if it's late.
Don't order a multi thousand dollar vehicle from Ford and expect a reasonable time frame for delivery, to be informed and updated with information you can rely on, or to be treated as a valued customer.
Do cancel your order if you want to hurt no one but yourself and make the dealer an extra $15 thousand dollar profit.
Good luck to all those who ordered a 2023. My condolences in advance for what many of you will have to go through . Sorry for the vent and I must admit, it didn't help and I'm still frustrated.
This is a good reality check for all of the "newbies on the block"!!!

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To be fair. I have ordered from Amazon and have the item not arrive next day. I get a new delivery date only to have it not arrive. Item said it ships from Amazon. Amazon informs me I need to order a different item. The item was a wire lug crimping tool. No chips in it and it is a POS. Not the cheapest one either.
But I agree Ford could do better. Provide no details until the actual build date to start.
Sponsored