Sponsored

Ordered and waiting? Good luck. Prepare to be disappointed by Ford !!!!!!!!!!

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
If your vehicle was totaled you should not have relied on Ford to deliver your ordered vehicle in a timely fashion. Have you lived under a rock for the past two years or do you just not keep up with world events?

I find it hard that you did the latter because if you did you you should have known better than to order a vehicle in this climate and expect a timely delivery. IMO that is just foolish on your part.
Well ain't that special. Bless your heart.
Sponsored

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate to vent here because it's not the forum or other members fault, but this has be one of the worst buying experiences I've ever had as far as customer service is concerned. This isn't a $20 Amazon purchase... or a return at Home depot (which are handled with a fair amount of wisdom and courtesy), but it's a multi thousand dollar expense.
- Aug 2021 totaled my 2 year old vehicle (sorry elk)... need a replacement. I drive a 100 miles plus a day so a hybrid or vehicle that gets reasonable mileage is a priority.
- Research on my part comes across a new Ford vehicle... a small hybrid pickup. Wow. That sounds great. I think that would fit my needs.
- Aug 2021 I order online (no deposit needed? great) and then head to the dealer to finalize. Sorry they say, we have to have a deposit to place the order. OK I say and hand them $1000 and for the first time in my life, order a new vehicle that is exactly like i want it. Color, options etc... great I can't wait. Dealer said possibly by November but worst case by end of year.
- In the mean time can't do without another vehicle, so I go buy something else. I know I'm going to loose money on it, but oh well. It will only be a few short months and I'll be trading it in and it won't be too bad.
- End of 2021... well after following the forums. Seems like the wait will be a little longer than expected. Want the Maverick to I'll hang in there and wait.
- Jan, Feb, March, Apri 2022... no updates from Ford. Other than what I read on the forums, I have no idea what the status is or when I might expect to actually get my truck.
- April 2022 progress! I finally get an email form Ford. I have a production date of early Jun 2022. It's been a long wait but great news.
- Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but after numerous chats and phone calls to customer service I find out production date had been changed to later in Jun 2022
- Later in Jun 2022, nothing from Ford but calls and chat reveal date changed again to late Jun 2022.
- Late Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but via calls and chat discover production date has changed to early Aug 2022.... then mid Aug 2022... then late Aug 2022.
- Aug 30th 2022. Message from Ford. "Your Maverick is built and is awaiting shipping! It may take a few day to a week but your vehicle will soon be on it's way".
- 2 weeks later. Nothing from Ford. Calls to customer calls and chat to customer service always says I can check the status online (which provide no updates).
- Late Sept 2022. Calls and chat tell me now shipping/delivery is mid Oct 2022.
- Call today.. First time I really vented to Ford customer service rep (sorry to her) but now they say expected delivery is end of Oct 2022.

Moral of the story?
Don't expect any valid updates from Ford on the status of your vehicle.
Don't expect what they do tell you to be true and not change.
Don't expect any valid info or insight from Ford as to your expected delivery date.
Don't expect the dealer to have any more information to help make you feel better.
Do expect... or at the very least not be surprised if these same things happen to you.
Do expect to see others with the exact same order as yours receive their vehicle months ahead of you.
Do make an $10 Amazon order if you want some reasonable customer service if it's late.
Don't order a multi thousand dollar vehicle from Ford and expect a reasonable time frame for delivery, to be informed and updated with information you can rely on, or to be treated as a valued customer.
Do cancel your order if you want to hurt no one but yourself and make the dealer an extra $15 thousand dollar profit.
Good luck to all those who ordered a 2023. My condolences in advance for what many of you will have to go through . Sorry for the vent and I must admit, it didn't help and I'm still frustrated.
Thanks for the factual information. In other words, us 2023 dreamers can expect to wait 365 days, more or less. I suppose I could've gone to the lot and got a GMC Canyon (and be forced to pay $3k for Onstar) or a Chevy Colorado-that wouldn't be so bad...but here I am with the rest of the Maverick fools! Ha ha ha!!!

22Ford XL Basic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another report where the executives in Ford were notified by email and US Mail of these following events and completely ignored this customer.
I reserved a velocity blue hybrid in June 2021 followed up with an order with Tamiami Ford in August 2021 with copilot as an option. With all the changes in manufacture and delivery I awaited my delivery. It finally arrived in Tamiami Ford early July. As it is well known the purchase price was now significantly higher than the original one quoted me by the dealer. Well you could surmise that the dealer in an effort to get me out of the sale by adding a specifically unwanted and illegal modification without consulting me then expected me to pay thousands of dollars more than the original quote. They refused to remove these modifications, returned my deposit and payment on my Maverick and quickly sold it at a much higher profit. Along these lines I hypothetically reflected on bringing the vehicle in for service and the possibility that they changed my wheels and expected thousands more.
I have subsequently ordered a 2023 identical Maverick with another dealer.

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your vehicle was totaled you should not have relied on Ford to deliver your ordered vehicle in a timely fashion. Have you lived under a rock for the past two years or do you just not keep up with world events?

I find it hard that you did the latter because if you did you you should have known better than to order a vehicle in this climate and expect a timely delivery. IMO that is just foolish on your part.
You can get a vehicle in a reasonable amount of time from almost any other brand. I've posted elsewhere here that my maverick is the laughingstock at my work, over a dozen people have ordered their new car AFTER me. In some cases 6+ months after. ALL of them, each and every single one, have gotten their vehicle.

Meanwhile, my build weeks been pushed back yet again. Even if for some mysterious reason you find that acceptable enough to white knight for a company that has undeniably failed at every turn with all communications, the fact of the matter is that other brands are not having these year long waits for orders.

I'm not trying to be rude, but your opinion is ridiculous. There's no excuse for these failures.

OP
OP
coherent

coherent

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, F250 Superduty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have another vehicle (F250 Super Duty) so I had room to wait some. I foolishly went by the expectations stated by the dealer and (yep I call Ford also) Ford customer service. After months it became obvious I was in for a longer wait than I was told and the gas mileage with the Super Duty (V10) was killing me. Ask anyone who ordered within the early days of the 2021 ordering opening if they expected to wait a year or more. I wasn't under a rock, and if it was foolish of me to believe (with expectations of some possible reasonable delays) what I was told to expect... ok, my bad. What is the most frustrating isn't just the wait. It's the complete lack of reliable information and Ford's failure to keep customers supplied with any factual information. For Ford to send me an email that said "Your Maverick is built and awaiting shipping" and tell me that will take a few days and in some cases up to a week. I'm ok with waiting a week more, even two. Even three. But when I get no further updates and I have to call and wait 45 minutes on hold to find out from customer service "your expected deliver days is now (4 weeks later) then (6 weeks later), then 2 months later and so on it gets pretty obvious Ford could care less about customer service. The first thing they tell you when you call or chat is "you can also get current status information online at the Ford order tracking site" which is simply not true. The bottom line is I understand and expect delays. But I also expect some reasonably accurate information from Ford at the very least to have been kept informed. None of which has happened.

Sponsored

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to agree with OP! I took my chances and will hope for the best, but not going to set the expectations bar too high! I sold my 2016 Colorado in 2021 and made $3K more than I paid for it 5 years prior. After about a year and seeing prices continue to climb, I realized that might not have been the best move... I wanted a 2022, but didn't think I'd need to order one, I'd just wait and pick up one off a dealer lot. Well, we all know how that went... It didn't unless you were willing to pay way over MSRP! So, I placed my order on Sep 15th for a 2023. Due to incompetence of the dealership, the order didn't get palced until Sep 19th, right before the order bank for Hybrids closed with a priority code of 19. I did get a confirmation e-mail from ford, 5 days after the order was placed. The next day I get an e-mail from my salesman telling me their dealership had submitted over 200 orders for 2023 Mavericks and Ford just informed him they had a total allocation of 50 Mavericks for all of MY23. The next day I went to the local Toyota lot and bought a brand new 2022 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab and paid Invoice! Fortunately, I'm not out a vehicle, have a nice new truck that should hold it's retail value, and can ride out this fiasco. If I actually get the Maverick, I will accept it and see which truck I like best and sell the other. If things continue as they have been over the past year and a half, I may actually come out a head!

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did. The OP totaled his truck in August of 21 then proceeded to order a Maverick in August of 21. The OP then expected his order to be delivered before his expectations and is disappointed that it was not.
He ordered the truck being told he should have it before the end of the year. 9 months after that date and still no vehicle.

Sorry Ford is clueless and playing the victim is comical. Under promise and over perform.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you knew what to expect with the boat, especially a custom build.

The issue here is not so much the wait time, but the lack of transparency and communication from Ford, which leaves people frustrated. Sprinkle in some misinformation and a few lies and no wonder people are unhappy.
Nail meet head

This is what it boils down to.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I feel your pain and more. I have a June 2021 order and still no truck. Supposedly it'll be at the dealer next week. I will see...
Sponsored