First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lifted truck does nothing for ground clearance minus maybe the approach angle. You still need bigger tires to lift the pumpkin higher off the ground.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mav, where do you live / what terrain do you go in that you believe that ground clearance is so much more important traction?
You mean everyone doesn't have a 30 degree driveway paved with 8" boulders?

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Mav, where do you live / what terrain do you go in that you believe that ground clearance is so much more important traction?
Primarily the Rocky Mountains and Northern New Mexico.

In the Rockies there are - get this - a lot of rocks. Helps to have clearance to get over the big ones. Never had to turn back because I couldn't get grip. Lots of times I couldn't clear the obstacles, though.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do realize when a wheel is off the ground and an intelligent AWD system sends power to said wheel, you have no traction. A locking diff fixes this. Watch some test videos from Driving Sports TV (YouTube) and you can see this.
I'm with you dude. That twin clutch rear is pretty damn awesome. I don't think it's going to make the maverick into a rock crawler nor do I think it's intended to be. I get the vibe it's more of a soft trail bomber.

I put that twin clutch rear to the test and it impressed me alot.

Ford Maverick Fx4 + 4k tow vs Tremor 20220730_153757_exported_22177

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm with you dude. That twin clutch rear is pretty damn awesome. I don't think it's going to make the maverick into a rock crawler nor do I think it's intended to be. I get the vibe it's more of a soft trail bomber.

I put that twin clutch rear to the test and it impressed me alot.

20220730_153757_exported_22177.jpg

Obviously that is undeniably awesome. Question. Is that obstacle impossible to clear with the standard AWD system on the Bronco Sport?

Me, personally. I spend a fair amount of time off road. I spend very little time with my wheels 2 feet up in the air so I just don't know.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Obviously that is undeniably awesome. Question. Is that obstacle impossible to clear with the standard AWD system on the Bronco Sport?

Me, personally. I spend a fair amount of time off road. I spend very little time with my wheels 2 feet up in the air so I just don't know.
Nah I'm sure the standard could do it at a smarter approach angle. Trail guide let us know that we were pushing and testing that rear to see what it could pull you through. At that specific approach I would be more sketched and with the Mavericks wheel base even more so. Again the BS badlands was built with rock crawling to some extent in mind. The Tremor maverick was not.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You mean everyone doesn't have a 30 degree driveway paved with 8" boulders?
I have 7-8" ruts but no boulders in my driveway. 30+ degrees though in the turn.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As for the lifting a Tremor mentioned earlier. The lift is in the spring and its only about 3/4" (the rest of the increase is tire diameter/radius). And since the CVs are improved for said lift. One would assume that the lifts available for the FX4 would be theoretically possible on the Tremor. I am thinking a 1.5" front and a 2" rear to compensate for my topper and keep the proper rake. Should allow me to run 245/70r17s or 255/70r17s. Which would put me a solid 2.25"above FX4 w/235s ground clearance. By my calculations that would put overall(not minimum because of the solid vs independent differences) ground clearance near or around whats found on XJ cherokee with 31s. Which as any of you offroaders may know is a very capable vehicle especially with traction aides. I dont quite expect it to keep up with my comanche on the coconut pile but I think it will do pretty well.
Ford Maverick Fx4 + 4k tow vs Tremor KIMG0161.JPG

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you take a ditch half that deep and put it on any kind of decent incline, an FX4 with the same type of approach wouldn't wouldn't make it up. Something with locking diff would. I'd like the Tremor's chances to pull it off.
Yea that's why I said at a smarter angle/approach. That take and approach was intentionally to show off what the rear can do. I just don't think the extra foot or so on the tremors wheel base would inspire confidence three wheeling at that height.

Sponsored

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question, If Ford felt they had to beef up the axles on the tremor partly due to the 1 inch lift , then how are guys getting away with 2+Inch lifts on the FX4’s ??

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question, If Ford felt they had to beef up the axles on the tremor partly due to the 1 inch lift , then how are guys getting away with 2+Inch lifts on the FX4’s ??
They aren't putting them through any abuse. A lift and normal driving won't kill them much faster that oem but if anyone was to put that suspension through its travel and paces often or hard enough you'd see it fail more often.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fx4 4k vs Tremor, the 4k is nice to have even if you only tow that much on occasion its the piece of mind knowing the truck is not stressing at 2000, or 3000 lbs, same on the Tremor i would love the piece of mind knowing I had the locker with beefed up axles even if i would need them only sometimes .. its a bitch that Ford did combine both ,it would have been the perfect little package. I currently own the FX4 4K but would also really love to own the Tremor but thats just not possible. I only hope that some of the suspension used on the Tremor would fit the fx4.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As for the lifting a Tremor mentioned earlier. The lift is in the spring and its only about 3/4" (the rest of the increase is tire diameter/radius). And since the CVs are improved for said lift. One would assume that the lifts available for the FX4 would be theoretically possible on the Tremor. I am thinking a 1.5" front and a 2" rear to compensate for my topper and keep the proper rake. Should allow me to run 245/70r17s or 255/70r17s. Which would put me a solid 2.25"above FX4 w/235s ground clearance. By my calculations that would put overall(not minimum because of the solid vs independent differences) ground clearance near or around whats found on XJ cherokee with 31s. Which as any of you offroaders may know is a very capable vehicle especially with traction aides. I dont quite expect it to keep up with my comanche on the coconut pile but I think it will do pretty well.
KIMG0161.JPG
Be mindful that even ford didn't fix the wheel moving forward when lifting the Tremor. I'd shop the after market for companies that have a resolution to either re-enter that wheel or keep it from further creeping cause I'd hate to see you smack fenders every time you do anything remotely pushing it.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fx4 4k vs Tremor, the 4k is nice to have even if you only tow that much on occasion its the piece of mind knowing the truck is not stressing at 2000, or 3000 lbs, same on the Tremor i would love the piece of mind knowing I had the locker with beefed up axles even if i would need them only sometimes .. its a bitch that Ford did combine both ,it would have been the perfect little package. I currently own the FX4 4K but would also really love to own the Tremor but thats just not possible. I only hope that some of the suspension used on the Tremor would fit the fx4.
It should all fit but you could probably find aftermarket that does it as good and cheaper in a year or so.
Sponsored