First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The leveling kit from Ford Ranger Lifts adds 2 inches of ground clearance for only $250 . That works on a XL Ecoboost AWD. Buy some after market rims and get the FX4 skid plates from Ford and you have basically the same thing for a boat load less money and your build date will be much sooner by just ordering the base model .....trust me on that . Just sayin!
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The leveling kit from Ford Ranger Lifts adds 2 inches of ground clearance for only $250 . That works on a XL Ecoboost AWD. Buy some after market rims and get the FX4 skid plates from Ford and you have basically the same thing for a boat load less money and your build date will be much sooner by just ordering the base model .....trust me on that . Just sayin!
Dont forget the diff that you probably cant buy for $1500. Also the springs are longer and softer. The shocks are firmer with more volume. You gain suspension travel with the Tremor. All the spacer lifts at best keep the same travel, a number that is very limited already.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once the Tremor parts are available I foresee some people upgrading to some of the parts in package, not necessarily the rear differential but things like shocks, putting mono tube shocks on an non FX4 package for example. That seems to be the easiest upgrade for off roading besides a lift kit. Mavericks from what I've read come standard with twin shocks except for the FX4 and all models including the FX$ package use twin tube shocks for the front. Then switching out bumpers if the Tremor bumper has better underside clearance would be the next easiest upgrade.
The bumper is going to be a problem to swap because of the radiator configuration, especially for the FX4. That is probably the real limit to the Tremor towing capability. It was a trade off for the front ground clearance.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My issues with the Tremor -

• You lose 4K tow
  • Less payload
  • You only gain a small amount of clearance
  • Mpg will be much lower as it won’t have the lower cowling and it has the lift
  • Only real benefit is the rear clutch but still isn’t going to help the biggest problem which is unibody and little to no articulation. Yes bronco sport with clutch does well but also much shorter wheelbase
  • I think the orange highlights are ugly
  • Just seems like a money grab to me without actually creating a off road capable truck. It will do fine for tame off roading but I have a feeling quite a few AWD suvs and Subaru wagons will still outperform it :)
  • It loses the combo of features that made it awesome at a low price so it can be slightly better off road.

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
Have not gone thru all the pages, but all the vid mentioned nothing about MPG….what 1/2 less than the standard? I’d buy it because of the interior changes! Serious interested even though I’d hardly be needing that much off road, but it looks good and a super clean used one should catch a fair resale price till they announce the Mav LightNing

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have not gone thru all the pages, but all the vid mentioned nothing about MPG….what 1/2 less than the standard? I’d buy it because of the interior changes! Serious interested even though I’d hardly be needing that much off road, but it looks good and a super clean used one should catch a fair resale price till they announce the Mav LightNing
Most people who have lifted and added bigger tires went from 28mpg to 25mpg. The lower bumper section has a big effect on mpg for this truck, if functions really well and that’s why people get such good mpg. Adding a lift and removing the current bumper will like result in 25mpg avg rather than 28 (I get better than that sometimes).

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My issues with the Tremor -

• You lose 4K tow
  • Less payload
  • You only gain a small amount of clearance
  • Mpg will be much lower as it won’t have the lower cowling and it has the lift
  • Only real benefit is the rear clutch but still isn’t going to help the biggest problem which is unibody and little to no articulation. Yes bronco sport with clutch does well but also much shorter wheelbase
  • I think the orange highlights are ugly
  • Just seems like a money grab to me without actually creating a off road capable truck. It will do fine for tame off roading but I have a feeling quite a few AWD suvs and Subaru wagons will still outperform it :)
  • It loses the combo of features that made it awesome at a low price so it can be slightly better off road.
Everything I have read or watches showed the Subarus having a hard time keeping up with the FX4. Its still at a low price, with the options I chose, It came out to $1500 for a 1" lift, a better diff, and a bumper that wont scrape on my driveway. The last part being something I was going to have to lift it for just to get it home.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, Subaru have had a hard time recently. Even the wilderness editions are not doing great from side by side reviews I've seen. While trucks always struggle on the angles vs more compact suvs (see wrangler vs gladiator), I don't think anyone can seriously mean it when they say an AWD crossover will do better than this Maverick Tremor. That's just a baiting comment.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the risk of asking what someone may have answered, is the Tremor interior now the same for both XLT and Lariat, so no more denim cloth vs brown Active-X? Shay's review mentioned that the Tremor has vinyl.

HRG
From what I understand, the interior materials stay trim specfic. Cloth for the XLT and Active-X for the Lariat. Both models get the same Tremor specific colors, Black Onyx, Orange stitching with the Orange "Tremor" logo on the seat back.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, Subaru have had a hard time recently. Even the wilderness editions are not doing great from side by side reviews I've seen. While trucks always struggle on the angles vs more compact suvs (see wrangler vs gladiator), I don't think anyone can seriously mean it when they say an AWD crossover will do better than this Maverick Tremor. That's just a baiting comment.
Bronco Sport Badlands is going to outperform the Maverick Tremor I bet due to the shorter wheelbase :) I still think the Subaru Outback Wilderness might beat in it certain situations. I was impressed with it in this test -

My point was mostly that they are selling it as a "off road truck" when in my mind it's more like a off road capable SUV than a off road truck. Any off road truck in any other brand with a locker would pretty much squash it. For the price it's still not a terrible deal but with the lack of 4K towing and less payload it doesn't seem like a great option. If you need a off road truck buy something else - if you want a truck that kind of looks like a off road truck and don't plan to really off road than the Tremor could be ok.

Taking my FX4 on off road terrian in the NW the problem isn't just the clearance, it's the unibody and I'm not sure the clutch addition will solve it. The AWD system has been really good, but when the terrian gets really uneven you need articulation and/or a short wheelbase helps. Likely most Tremor owners wont ever even test it to the limits.

Sponsored

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the Tremor Appearance Package something that builds on top of the Tremor off-road package, or is it available without the Tremor Off-road package? If appearance package can be added on its own, I’d like to know what comes with it.

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the Tremor Appearance Package something that builds on top of the Tremor off-road package, or is it available without the Tremor Off-road package? If appearance package can be added on its own, I’d like to know what comes with it.
Good question....I'd be surprised if the Tremor appearance package was available WITHOUT the Tremor package, but who knows.... I don't see that as a high take rate either way, and will probably get dropped by '24.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It builds on. It adds black side/hood graphics (which we haven't seen the design of yet) plus gray roof and mirror caps.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bumper is going to be a problem to swap because of the radiator configuration, especially for the FX4. That is probably the real limit to the Tremor towing capability. It was a trade off for the front ground clearance.
That's what I am thinking but hoping there is at least an option down the road to trim/replace that lower cattle guard plastic valance to give it some upsweep, added clearance -even two inches would help..

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's what I am thinking but hoping there is at least an option down the road to trim/replace that lower cattle guard plastic valance to give it some upsweep, added clearance -even two inches would help..
My thought on the radiator bumper issue is that if Buschur can doulbe the size of the intercooler then we should be able to find some way to increase radiator capacity. One day.
Sponsored