First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tremor looks nice but a waste of money for me since you can't get the tow package with it.
As far as the rear wheel placement I can't see it while driving so I don't care what it looks like. ;)

The 4K tow is something I had to really think about. And it all came down to 'how much will I really use it?'. And the answer is 'probably never' for me. This is the only reason a Tremor is an option for me right now.

I will say I love my current Maverick. It has proven itself and been very useful in the last week or so. Hauling stuff to the dump and hauling a huge toolbox home from Harbor Freight (double-bank roller and top cabinet - took two trips just because the bed isnt wide enough, but it didn't flinch!), plus it has been a smooth ride everywhere else. THis is why I want a 2nd one. My current one is a Hybrid for good mileage and light use, but I now want an AWD/FX4 ICE one, too for those less-paved trips.

As a side note, I did see this in the order guide:

Ford Maverick Live pics of Maverick Tremor @ Detroit Auto Show 1663464021577
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ended up with the FX4 and 4k. Wanted radiator and tow more than loft and locking rear.

Was talking about the truck and joked about a small camper. Shockingly she is interested... Glad I got the 4k now!

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 4K tow is something I had to really think about. And it all came down to 'how much will I really use it?'. And the answer is 'probably never' for me. This is the only reason a Tremor is an option for me right now.

I will say I love my current Maverick. It has proven itself and been very useful in the last week or so. Hauling stuff to the dump and hauling a huge toolbox home from Harbor Freight (double-bank roller and top cabinet - took two trips just because the bed isnt wide enough, but it didn't flinch!), plus it has been a smooth ride everywhere else. THis is why I want a 2nd one. My current one is a Hybrid for good mileage and light use, but I now want an AWD/FX4 ICE one, too for those less-paved trips.

1663464021577.png
Understand and the 4k isn't for everyone. I probably use mine 2% of the time but I want/need that 2%. The whole premise of buying the Maverick was to get a smaller truck and better mileage. I used to drive full size trucks but they kept getting bigger so I moved to a mid size truck (15 Colorado, 20 Ranger) and they worked fine but realized I didn't really need a midsize truck anymore so bought the Maverick and all I had to do was downsize my trailer and I was good to go with 4k. Happy camper.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Initially the 4k issue was a real pill to swallow. But then I thought about it. I have and always will have multiple cars. My comanche tows 5000, my bronco 7000, my eagle tows 3500, my zj tows 6500. We arent getting rid of any of these. The comanche or eagle may assimilate everything from the ZJ that give it its strength, the bronco will one day get a minor restoration, and the comanche will be built out more in time. Living on an island i cant tow anywhere very far so a modern tow rig reliability isnt a big deal. That and the fact that we are talking about a package with only a slightly better rating than my 1980 station wagon with 110hp.

Really i just wanted the 4k because it was a cheap option with a sweet gear ratio. But the Tremor has alot of other qualities that will improve our off road, off grid, down in the holler, island life.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson

1663464021577.png
I’m in the same boat as you. I took a hard look at what I would tow now and within a few years.
Probably nothing over 2K.
I’d haul more stuff than anything else and around 1200lbs was the weight of my other truck option, Frontier P4X (around $10k more expensive 🥴).

The Tremor having the better AWD system would be used more than towing a boat or camper.

Ya’ll keep up with only choosing FX4 and 4K packages so I can get my Tremor quicker!
Sponsored