First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just changed mine at 3K on my ecoboost. Oil looked good and no flakes in it. Oil did have a slight gas smell though. Glad I changed it for peace of mind. I'll be changing it every 7K now with Mobile 1 full synthetic and a motor craft filter (OEM).
Sponsored

Maverickgirl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the recommended oil change? My Maverick has 3500 on it was going to change next week before I go on a road trip with my daughter. I was thinking it was 5k
my XL made has 10,000km and got her first oil change! the service recommendation was actually scheduled at 11,000km! still had 36% oil life left!

Sponsored

Maverickgirl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
holy smokes, im at 5k and I haven't had it serviced yet. should I bet worried? I was waiting to go around 9 k or when the ford pass gave me the alert.
I wouldn't worry about it! my service rep recommended 8,000km but my truck was just over 10,000 when I got my first oil change and it still had 36% oil life! Ford service recommended 11,000 km limit for first maintenance! as printed in there pricing

Snartman619

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grey Ford Ranger Stx Fx2 Super Cab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got it done last month at 6k

Snartman619

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grey Ford Ranger Stx Fx2 Super Cab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am about to hit 9k

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the recommended oil change? My Maverick has 3500 on it was going to change next week before I go on a road trip with my daughter. I was thinking it was 5k
On the first oil change many people change it at 1000 miles. Probably a good idea. I have a 21 year old Taurus and have changed the synthetic oil every 3000 miles and I have 135000 now. Have never had any major issues and the car still runs well today. While this may be overkill on the Maverick I plan on doing it every 5000 miles. Cheap insurance for long life.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First oil change do it one day one if you want. Get rid of that factory oil and put Mobil One EP in it. EP may sound like overkill, but it ain't. You DI engine will love you fer it. Every 3 - 3.5K after that would not be too much.

Even in this era of runaway inflation, oil is still cheap especially when factoring in the alternatives.

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my XL made has 10,000km and got her first oil change! the service recommendation was actually scheduled at 11,000km! still had 36% oil life left!
My friend where are you getting the 36%? ....the broken meter in your dash?

Are you aware of all the engine failures by every brand out there due to such falsehoods?

Are you aware of what OIL COMPANIES are saying about 5000 miles oil change?

https://team.valvoline.com/diy/maintenance/severe-driving-myth-normal-driving-conditions

It is mind bugling with all the evidence that people are still subscribing to misinformation and marketing schemes designed to please the EPA and cost consumers $1000s
Sponsored