M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is supposed to arrive this week. I watched the clip from @fordvideoguy on how to ensure that the dealer selected the order date (mine was 8/13/2021) to get the financing options available on that date and passed it along to my dealer rep to try and get ahead of things before going in to sign. The rep responded that he pulled the Smart Vincent for my order but that there was no certificate there for the financing lock. I’ve read how other people who ordered back when I did are taking delivery now and getting the 0%-36mo financing options available at their order date, but my dealer rep is telling me that none of his Maverick sales have been getting the order rate lock, just the price protection. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard mixed messages from dealers on this topic.

Did you also indicate a request for any kind of discount option they had available when you placed the order? Some dealers indicated that you could have either rate lock or discount lock, but not both (but of course no one told customers that at the time). I'm not sure if that's true or even relevant in your case.

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is supposed to arrive this week. I watched the clip from @fordvideoguy on how to ensure that the dealer selected the order date (mine was 8/13/2021) to get the financing options available on that date and passed it along to my dealer rep to try and get ahead of things before going in to sign. The rep responded that he pulled the Smart Vincent for my order but that there was no certificate there for the financing lock. I’ve read how other people who ordered back when I did are taking delivery now and getting the 0%-36mo financing options available at their order date, but my dealer rep is telling me that none of his Maverick sales have been getting the order rate lock, just the price protection. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Check ford site some times they give good rates

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Paulsr , your dealer has access to rebates rates and incentives through Smart VINCENT. The 12-27-2021 changes affected new sales and finance. A copy of the memo is in this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...orporate-guaranteeing-price-protection.13150/

Like Asa mention above, the finance rate is protected according to your order date which is in the program.

FWIW, @fordvideoguy mention price increases to various Ford models (effective today) and the Maverick was NOT on the list after it's mid year (12-27-21) price change.

My hybrid XLT with Long McArthur is PL220. The new level is PL225.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tell them to look here.

Ford Maverick Dealership Not Honoring Order Date Ford Financing Screenshot_20220413-114654_Gallery

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't add much to what @Aza said here, but I can tell you my experience.

My salesman went into Smart Vincent back in November when the 0% financing was still available and did something (not sure what exactly) and printed out a page for me that showed the 0% deal.

Later, when I went to the finance guy, he looked up my deal in Smart Vincent, told me what incentives were listed there for me (including the 0%) and asked me what I wanted to do.

It all seems to revolve around Smart Vincent, but I don't know if the thing my salesman did back in November was necessary or not. I suspect not, but I'm not sure.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tell them to look here.

Screenshot_20220413-114654_Gallery.jpg
Thank you. I'm going in tomorrow to sign for my Maverick. My dealer mentioned on the phone there wasn't any 0% for 36 months. I will show him this tomorrow 🙂

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you. I'm going in tomorrow to sign for my Maverick. My dealer mentioned on the phone there wasn't any 0% for 36 months. I will show him this tomorrow 🙂
You gotta let us know how that turns out. Good luck!

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not saying this is happening, but I'm saying this might be happening:

F&I Manager putting you in higher APR financing and pocketing the commission. When I was in sales it happened all the time. With the information above, you should be confident knowing that They are putting you in top tier interest rates not bumping the APR saying " oh we don't offer that anymore" and making money on the back end.

Sponsored
OP
OP

M-C Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wondered if they might be trying to encourage me to go with a lender which offers them some sort of kick-back over Ford financing.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I wondered if they might be trying to encourage me to go with a lender which offers them some sort of kick-back over Ford financing.
Come on now, you don't actually believe that someone at a car dealership would act in such an unethical manner, do you?

That finance guy might be sitting next to you in church this Sunday. If so, keep an eye on his hands. Otherwise, you may discover your wallet missing.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I GUARANTEE you they are. When we purchased my wife's 2016 Outlander, the finance guy at the Mitsu dealer spent 30 minutes trying to offer me loans from local banks they work with (get commission from). The funny thing is, Mitsubishi was offering 0% for 72 months at the time. Finaly, I couldn't take it anymore and told the guy, "Look, I'm taking the 0%. Why in the world would I choose to pay interest? Just write it up already!"

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You gotta let us know how that turns out. Good luck!
I was able to get the 0% for 36 months. After showing my dealer the picture fordvideoguy told me to show him 😁