Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Signing a DORA is not the same an actual buyer order when you take the delivery of a vehicle. Most of us including myself signed for a DORA which often means nothing. That isn't a contract and is not enforceable. It even says so on the DORA itself. I'm refuting to OP saying that he actually signs for a buyer contract just to order a vehicle which I don't think exist. At least where I'm at. But there will be 'experts' on here disputing otherwise.
You are correct, there is no signed contract and the DORA is unenforceable. I see it as more of a good faith agreement, whatever that is worth.

Which is why I would prefer something more legally binding to protect your order, especially when we are talking about investing a year waiting on it.
Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are correct, there is no signed contract and the DORA is unenforceable. I see it as more of a good faith agreement, whatever that is worth.

Which is why I would prefer something more legally binding to protect your order, especially when we are talking about investing a year waiting on it.
I would too but that option doesn't exist for me as the local dealers refuse to give me one. I can't force them to do it. This is why I go to other dealers out of state to get what I want and it has worked out so far. The bottom line you do what works for you.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No such thing exists. Dealer won't give you one. What are you gonna do? You are living in fantasy land.
It does exist. I received the sales agreement already signed by the sales manager ready for my signature upon my approval of the cost figures shown. It was honored. By the way, this was done without my asking for it. A good dealer!!

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I for one use "trust but verify" and get a Purchase Order done when ordered.

Remember if a dealer refuses to do one when asked it is a red flag that they may not honor the price you think you will pay on delivery.

Below is a cropped copy of my MY23 Purchase Order with the signatures and dates cropped off:

MY23 Cropped Purchase Order.JPG

I got something similar when I ordered last month, but I think I actually asked to see the OTD price. It's signed by my salesperson and I. But I also have text messages with my salesperson stating that they'll sell me the Mav at MSRP and honor X-plan, which I asked about before I even set foot in the dealership. If they don't honor the paper trail agreement, then they don't. I'll just leave a bad review everywhere I can, and order another Mav from someone else with a better reputation. As to the financing comments, I've received "pre-approvals" from lenders before, found a vehicle that was below that pre-approval, walked into the dealership with a check, and drove out with the vehicle. For the Mav, all I could get was a pre-approval because an actual approval was only good for 45 days, and I'm kinda thinking it may take a lil longer for it to reach the lot than that,lol
Sponsored