Sponsored

Ford Dealership would not offer Ford Co Financing

xncrman

Has anyone else had their dealership not offer Ford Co Financing? I bought now two Mavericks, the first an unclaimed 2022 Maverick in Oct 2022 and last week my 2021 order arrived Feb 2023 (480 days) and my dealership did not offer me Ford Financing on either of them. Does there have to be special offer to get Ford Credit? I even pre qualified on Ford Co website and approved. It doesn't matter now because I pre financed with local credit union and had check prepared if interest rate was higher. So when no Ford Credit offer I pulled out my check.... I tried to check before purchasing my 2023 Maverick what Ford Co financing rates were and they were nowhere to be found....
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you mean ‘did not offer’?

They refused to offer/provide, or did not proactively offer Ford Financing?

OP
OP

xncrman

I mean I sat down in the chair and asked what Ford CO credit interest rates were and the finance man ONLY gave me my Credit Union rate which I already knew and CapitalOne finance rate. That's it, no Ford Co Credit Finance offer......

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you qualified for the special financing on your 2022 order, and you got a 2022 model, it should show up in Smart Vincent. My 2022 order was rolled to a 2023 model, so no financing is offered by Ford for those.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They probably make more money on the back end from other providers. That's why they did not offer it.
I'm thinking this as I've heard it is usually the other way around: Ford wants you to finance with them if you have the credit qualifications as they make more money on your vehicle that way.

Cruiser5406

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I picked up my 2022 XLT FX4 in November, I paid MSRP with no dealer add ons or extras, I put 25% down and was offered 3.90 financing through Ford almost immediately which i took as most rates were similar at the time.

maverickTN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today i bought a maverick and i was not given ford finance option...when i pressed...he said its 9 percent and do u want that. The way he was looking i am sure he is lying

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yup 23 purchased this month, I didn’t get offered Ford financing, even with a near perfect credit score that only got me 6%, which was crazy high in my option. After speaking to others, seems about right for non-credit union rates in todays financing circles. Going to refinance or just try to pay it off quickly.

maverickTN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers are purposefully hiding ford credit option...they dont want ford to make any money in this market. Hope @fordmotor folks on this website bring it to their big boss attention

mm_sk8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mmsk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Finance wanted 7% and I had him show it to me on the computer. That is way too high a rate. I have excellent credit too. All are Crazy rates! Best rate for me so far is either Capital One at 4.99% or 5.04% with Navy Federal Credit Union with both 60 months.
Sponsored