First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you forced me at gunpoint to switch my order, I'd just go for the most basic XL Hybrid or an EB XL AWD with 4k. Either give me the cheapest truck possible or give me the cheapest "real" truck.
Sponsored

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m keeping mine as is. I must luxuriate.

Plus, this six month wait has taught me a lot. I’ve begun restoring the 2002 Ranger I kept as an afterthought and as a community beater for whenever any of my neighbors needed a pickup to do stuff.

I’ve taken the seats out and wrapped them. I’ve plastidipped the weather stripping that was falling apart (an idea I got from users on this very forum). I’ve replaced the blown stock radio. I’ve replaced all the blown dash lights. I replaced and repairedthe broken and melted steering wheel buttons. I’ve scrubbed and cleaned years of neglect. I leather wrapped the steering wheel on a 20 year old Ranger with now 230k miles on it. It’s like driving a whole new automobile. It’s amazing.

Next I’m repairing the clear coat and the paint where it’s been damaged. I might repaint the rims next. It’s already like a new truck. And I can’t believe I had it me to do even these simple repairs and it’s amazing.

This wait has taught me that if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one with your with.

So I’ll continue to wait for the truck I ordered and keep going on my antique.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you forced me at gunpoint to switch my order, I'd just go for the most basic XL Hybrid or an EB XL AWD with 4k. Either give me the cheapest truck possible or give me the cheapest "real" truck.
Guess it's what your definition of the word "real" is..... /sarc

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yup. An XL AWD 4K with zero other options.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine has Lariat Lux SIBL and was just shipped.

Late Jan 2022 order
You are EXACTLY the customer who is driving other people crazy! As a fellow January order (XLT LUX without a build date) I say good for you!

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just called ford to check on my order stats and the girl I spoke with said the spray-in bed liner was another big constraint. She advised me that if I took that off my order then my truck would be built faster. But she did not mention my XLT Lux package being a restraint. I guess Ford just wants us all to buy base models with no add-ons. Yay…
I want the CP360 for safety reasons; and peace of mind. Without it I would pass on the Maverick.

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Ok, so I am in favor of more communication in regard to my unscheduled order, even if is not necessarily what I want to hear.

That being said, I wish that the information coming from @Ford Motor Company, the dealer base and the Maverick marketing team would be consistent and accurate.

My ordering dealer has told me two months in a row that my XLT Lux will not get built as a 22 unless I drop the lux pkg.

I stopped at a different dealer yesterday looking at a trade in comparable to my order. Ultimately, I decided not to pay $9k over sticker for a 2200 mile Maverick. Speaking to the sales manager, he said that all confirmed orders would eventually get built as 22s, and that I'd be better off waiting for my order.

Today, I called the Maverick marketing team and was assured that my order is "in processing" and will be built as a 22. She said that she had no idea why my dealer would tell me it would be rolled to a 23 and again said that it would be built this year.

Now this info comes out.

I am all for more communication if all the members of the Ford team is consistent.

I am a reasonable person, I understand that there are issues in the supply chain. I knew that there would be no ETA for my order.

Now though, with the order books closed, the allocation system out the window and a list of trucks to be built, order dates and the parts on hand or available in time for the 22 MY are known factors there need to be real consistent answers as to who will/won't get a truck this year as ordered. Someone knows the answer to this question and if they don't we are all in trouble.

Tell us the truth so we can make an informed decision based on accurate facts. It's not like the won't sell all they can make for the foreseeable future even if there are some defections. They haven't even advertised this vehicle or had any on the lot for the general public to buy.

Even if people buy something else in the meantime, I know I would be more likely to order again if I feel that I have been treated fairly and with honesty.

One of the survey questions after my call today was "I can trust the information I receive from Ford." How can you trust the FMC organization when you ask 4 different groups and get two or three different answers?

Homeboy59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When are they going to list the real constraint on the Maverick is the HYBRID DRIVE SYSTEM COMPONENTS dating back to order day one. They will make 2.0 ECO, lux, co360, in xlt or lariet since the first day of production and still do. Hybrid issues caused orders for them to stop in November before they were even given the EPA mileage and OKTB in December and that constraint is still the number ONE issue. July order, code 2 since December, and not scheduled to be built yet. XLT, hybrid, velocity blue, lux, and co360 is my order.
I ordered same truck July 10th and nothing!

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard (cousin's friend works at the bagel shop where a Ford VP's neighbor shops) that everyone who drops cp360 in the next week is guaranteed to be scheduled in May.

I don't think it's fair for me to use this inside info, so I'll take one for the team and keep cp360.

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m keeping mine as is. I must luxuriate.

Plus, this six month wait has taught me a lot. I’ve begun restoring the 2002 Ranger I kept as an afterthought and as a community beater for whenever any of my neighbors needed a pickup to do stuff.

I’ve taken the seats out and wrapped them. I’ve plastidipped the weather stripping that was falling apart (an idea I got from users on this very forum). I’ve replaced the blown stock radio. I’ve replaced all the blown dash lights. I replaced and repairedthe broken and melted steering wheel buttons. I’ve scrubbed and cleaned years of neglect. I leather wrapped the steering wheel on a 20 year old Ranger with now 230k miles on it. It’s like driving a whole new automobile. It’s amazing.

Next I’m repairing the clear coat and the paint where it’s been damaged. I might repaint the rims next. It’s already like a new truck. And I can’t believe I had it me to do even these simple repairs and it’s amazing.

This wait has taught me that if you can’t be with the one you love, love the one with your with.

So I’ll continue to wait for the truck I ordered and keep going on my antique.
Funny, I'm in the same process on my 01, and have done many of the same things already. Currently, the carpet is out getting dyed.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford was more concerned about getting vehicles to customers as they ordered them, this is what they should do as regards the CoPilot360 package.

IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY ADDITIONAL CHIPS TO ACTIVATE LANE KEEPING AID & ASSIST — IT JUST REQUIRES THE FACTORY TO CHANGE A FEW DIGITS IN THE IMAGE PROCESSING MODULE! This has been proven in the Forscan thread of this website. The Blind Spot Information System does require additional chip modules on the left and right sides. Ford then should build all orders with the CoPilot package with wire harnesses and mounting brackets for later dealership installation of the BLIS modules.

Moreover, the XLT Luxury Package DOES NOT USE ANY MORE CHIP MODULES THAN A BASE XL OR XLT. Again this has been demonstrated and confirmed in the Forscan thread. Since the XLT Lux does not use any more chips than the base XL or XLT, the chip shortage is not a valid excuse. What you really have to do it replace option 54L, the original XLT Luxury Package with spray-in bed liner, with option 54B, the new XLT Luxury Package with drop-in bed liner.

The Lariat Luxury Package requires 6 additional chip modules: APIM for Sync 3, CCM for adoptive cruise control, DSP for B&O audio, PAM for rear parking sensors, RTM for Sync3 transceiver, and WACM for wireless charging; so you really have a wait for all that.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Yeah, well when my wife got her 2017 Subaru.... blah, blah, blah.

My Toyota Tacoma never had any... blah, blah, blah.

Why does Ford hate me!? Ford is ruining my life! I'm going to my room!!!!
*slams door*

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When are they going to list the real constraint on the Maverick is the HYBRID DRIVE SYSTEM COMPONENTS dating back to order day one.
If your assertion were true, why would Ford not say so? Would it be exposing a secret, admitting defeat, or something else?
Sponsored