First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great Job, I have an XLT hybrid on order, also in white, and this is the type of thing I want to do. Please report back if you do have any clearance or rubbing problems. Awesome!

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
Looks fantasticā€¦.my fav CG. From the angle of the pics this fills the wheel wells and provides balance in doing so. At least from the angles given. The unbalance that Iā€™ve seen from small tire/wheels looks funny at times.

So paint, decal, or wrap on the top and hood?

If it were me, Iā€™d paint the side mirrorsā€¦.just think it would accent the tinted windows better.

Last, why did you photoshop the rear window in the angled side pic? You clearly have a slider. Just to give us a super clean look from that angle? Would love to see more pics. That color really is not high on my list but youā€™ve moved it up the ladder. Fanatic job

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks fantasticā€¦.my fav CG. From the angle of the pics this fills the wheel wells and provides balance in doing so. At least from the angles given. The unbalance that Iā€™ve seen from small tire/wheels looks funny at times.

If it were me, Iā€™d paint the side mirrorsā€¦.just think it would accent the tinted windows better.

Last, why did you photoshop the rear window in the angled side pic? You clearly have a slider. Just to give us a super clean look from that angle? Would love to see more pics. That color really is not high on my list but youā€™ve moved it up the ladder. Fanatic job
I don't think the window is photoshopped... the shadow almost makes the sliding window disappear since it is so dark.

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah can you post the part numbers of all the items used to do this. I just sent my paperwork in to order my CG XLT maverick and I plan on using my existing wheels on my Edge ST for my maverick. 20x8.5 40 offset TSW Ascents seen in the picture I attached. And this lowering would just make it look perfect with my wheels.

Also did you have to, or elect to get the alignment redone?

Oh and more pics please, in the daylight!

IMG_20200313_113723.jpg
i don't believe that edge and maverick are same & are unable to be swapped wheels?

OP
OP
Canyon Racer

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever try it with stock wheels? Some of that firmness may just be sidewall difference.
I took my stock steel wheels off at 38 miles and sold 3 as spares to members here, so I don't know what stock ride is like. The small amount of extra firmness is relative to the springs only. It's not annoying, but in hyper check out mode I noticed it.

So if I understand what you wrote, you added a 1/2" spacer on the bottom of the rear spring (on the lower spring perch), to get a slight rake on the truck (the rear a smidge higher than the nose)?
Not on the bottom of the spring, on the top. The bottom (plastic & rubber) perch has a pin to prevent rotation around the raised metal part of the spring perch. The top metal perch is a bit longer than an inch and only has a rubber isolator. I had an old nylon cutting board I cut using the rubber isolator as a pattern and snapped it over the bulge on the upper metal spring perch. The stock springs are wound in opposite directions. The H&R springs are wound in the same direction. The upper isolators are symmetrical. So the drivers side went right in and the top of the passenger side, but I had to modify the passenger rubber isolator. I used a small grinding bit in a drill to remove a hump and shape the isolator for a spring wound opposite. I could have just bought a driver side lower perch but the pin would have been in the wrong place.
frame
nylon spacer
rubber isolator
spring
rubber isolator
plastic perch
lower control arm

Were the springs part number 28633-2?
Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD 28633-1

I assume the spacers are optional if you want a level drop?
Yes, I had it all together and drove it a couple of miles and decided to come up with a plan to make the rear just slightly higher. The track width of the front and rear of the maverick are different and the rear looks lower when it's exactly the same height.

Also did you have to, or elect to get the alignment redone?
I usually do my own alignment. The lowering didn't really affect anything, but I didn't measure it before I started adjusting. I set the front camber -1, rear camber -.8, rear toe 1/8" in, front toe 1/8" out and left the caster alone. I will drive it a while and see how I like it. Make any adjustments. Then take it to a shop and have it confirmed and equal it out if there are any differences side to side.

3m flat black vinyl

why did you photoshop the rear window in the angled side pic?
I just used photo editor to lighten the picture because "puts black wheels on and takes picture at night"
I'll get some daytime pictures.

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great! Hopefully the spring manufactures will see your truck for inspiration.

Ford Maverick H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics Resized_20200709_153001_3522

scwilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 MAVERICK AND 90 ISUZU PUP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

scwilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 MAVERICK AND 90 ISUZU PUP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since he said ā€œcontrol armā€, I am assuming AWD. Since the hybrid uses a semi-independent beam axle.
Didn't catch that.. did see where he said rear alignment specs somewhere... so these springs won't work for me šŸ˜Ŗ

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Just finished installing some Escape lowering springs. They lowered about 2 and 2.5. I'll get some daytime pics this weekend. BTW the Escape 14mm camber bolts are also a go.

Update w/ more info and Q&A:

Part description and #:
Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD. Part # 28633-1

The ride is only slightly more firm than stock. The wheels are 20x8.5 et45 with 255/50. They did not rub before and so far I don't think they are rubbing now. I did have to add a 1/2 spacer above the rear spring seat to get the stance the way I wanted it. The springs the way they came made it perfectly level. 32" ground to fender on all four. So now it's 32 on the front and 32 1/2 in the back.

I took my stock steel wheels off at 38 miles and sold 3 as spares to members here, so I don't know what stock ride is like. The small amount of extra firmness is relative to the springs only. It's not annoying, but in hyper check out mode I noticed it.

Not on the bottom of the spring, on the top. The bottom (plastic & rubber) perch has a pin to prevent rotation around the raised metal part of the spring perch. The top metal perch is a bit longer than an inch and only has a rubber isolator. I had an old nylon cutting board I cut using the rubber isolator as a pattern and snapped it over the bulge on the upper metal spring perch. The stock springs are wound in opposite directions. The H&R springs are wound in the same direction. The upper isolators are symmetrical. So the drivers side went right in and the top of the passenger side, but I had to modify the passenger rubber isolator. I used a small grinding bit in a drill to remove a hump and shape the isolator for a spring wound opposite. I could have just bought a driver side lower perch but the pin would have been in the wrong place.
frame
nylon spacer
rubber isolator
spring
rubber isolator
plastic perch
lower control arm

Escape springs '20 to '22, AWD 28633-1

Yes, I had it all together and drove it a couple of miles and decided to come up with a plan to make the rear just slightly higher. The track width of the front and rear of the maverick are different and the rear looks lower when it's exactly the same height.

I usually do my own alignment. The lowering didn't really affect anything, but I didn't measure it before I started adjusting. I set the front camber -1, rear camber -.8, rear toe 1/8" in, front toe 1/8" out and left the caster alone. I will drive it a while and see how I like it. Make any adjustments. Then take it to a shop and have it confirmed and equal it out if there are any differences side to side.

3m flat black vinyl

I just used photo editor to lighten the picture because "puts black wheels on and takes picture at night"
I'll get some daytime pictures.

20220114_184745 (3).jpg

20220114_184806 (3).jpg
Looks great just the way you did it! Could see 19s looking nice. Hate it when people lower further and squish the wheels into the wheel well.

What are you getting for mpg? you could put Tesla wheel covers on for long highway trips to improve mpg.
Sponsored