Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the less technology the better for me (and price). Our 2018 F-150 Sport has rubber floor mats, tiny 2.5 inch rearview camera screen, smallest infotainment display, AM/FM single CD player, BT, minimal 12v/USB ports, no Apple or Android connectability, no collosion warning, lane keeping assist type garbage. HATE the auto stop/start standard feature. We do like the 60/40 split folding bench rear seat, 5 select-able driving modes, 10 speed trans, shift on fly 4WD, manual electronic locking rear diff, and 6 foot bed.

Would love to have Maverick with most of the above configuration (except AWD instead of 4WD) and 2.0 naturally aspirated 2.0 I-4 from Transit Connect for under $25k... :cool:

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I just went out and took a critical measurement that represents a "must have" for me. I have both dirt bikes and street (sport) bikes that will be transported in my next truck. I require around 74 inches of available space from the front of the truck bed to the end of the tailgate (front tire against the cab and rear axle just ahead of the end of the gate) in order to move a motorcycle. If the bed is 48" with 20" sides...it wont work. I kind of require a 4.5' bed.

Reactions: Doc

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
same here. The ability to fit a dirt bike in there with this low step height is a huge priority for me . I'll keep an open mind until actual specs are released, but I really don't want to have to buy another trailer just for my bikes. If I wanted to go that way I could just tow with my Jeep Grand Cherokee and save costs of new vehicle or use our too-high F-150 with longer ramps. I'm thinking I could tolerate a shorter bed if I can get the 2.0L and AWD without being forced to go top of the line trim level to get it. Otherwise probably wait for new 2023 Ranger (local sales guy says it will be 2023 model) and compare features vs. price. Failing that, may be looking on internet for low mileage used 2021 Frontier with the V6...

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Want: manual windows
Need: Bluetooth
Don't: giant center console display

Sponsored

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Want: roll up windows, 60/40 easily removable rear seat. 4 cyl. Strong A/C and heater.
Need: 1,000 lb. Payload, 1,500 towing. Bed that can fit one small motorcycle, at angle is OK.
Don't: touch screen digital crap.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Want: roll up windows, 60/40 easily removable rear seat. 4 cyl. Strong A/C and heater.
Just out of curiosity are there any new vehicles in the United States currently that come with manual crank windows? To my knowledge they just don't exist anymore. I was actually telling my kids a couple of months ago how we used to have roll the window up and down ourselves, they are young and they couldn't figure out why that was ever a thing. It blew their minds, they just kept asking why.

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
Your price tolerance is much richer than mine. If it even approaches $33K for a package that meets my wants/needs, I'll erase the Maverick from my memory and start looking at other options.
Yep, If I cant get AWD and 2.0 under 30K I'll go Frontier or Ranger.

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just out of curiosity are there any new vehicles in the United States currently that come with manual crank windows? To my knowledge they just don't exist anymore. I was actually telling my kids a couple of months ago how we used to have roll the window up and down ourselves, they are young and they couldn't figure out why that was ever a thing. It blew their minds, they just kept asking why.
There are not. It is more expensive to manufacture and install the cranking mechanism than it is to use the cheap motor.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Crank windows...smh. The last new car I had with crankers was my '86 CRXsi (and every car before that).

There's nothing better on a perfect day then hitting all four down buttons simultaneously and letting the world in. Or at the end of the drive being able to raise them all. Who wants to walk around to all four doors...TWICE...per drive?

Sponsored

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crank windows...smh. The last new car I had with crankers was my '86 CRXsi (and every car before that).

There's nothing better on a perfect day then hitting all four down buttons simultaneously and letting the world in. Or at the end of the drive being able to raise them all. Who wants to walk around to all four doors...TWICE...per drive?
Ford Maverick Features : Need/Want/Don't 1617396384654
These guys...

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Trust me, I definitely don't miss crank windows, I was really just curious because I don't recall seeing any in a very long time. And I hear you on opening the windows in the nice weather. The hot summer is my preferred season and first thing I do when I get in the car on a summer day is open all four windows and the moonroof. A few years ago my Mother In Law was in my car and had the windows down as usual and she said "Doesn't your A/C work?" My answer was "I don't know, I have never used it." And that's the truth!

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually I think you get crank windows in absolute base model Jeep Wranglers. I know you did in the JK generation but I think it's still true in the current JLs according to a quick Google.

Edit: Just confirmed on the Jeep website. Wranglers come with manual windows.

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
Want: manual windows
Need: Bluetooth
Don't: giant center console display
None of my vehicles have built-in bluetooth, but they're all equipped with bluetooth. You can get very inexpensive gadgets that plug into your cigarette lighter that connect to your phone and transmit the signal to your FM radio. When I start my truck, it automatically syncs with my phone. I'm just mentioning this because a lack of factory bluetooth doesn't have to be show-stopper in any vehicle...you can easily equip a classic car with bluetooth for about $20.
Sponsored