HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if this low-profile bed rack can support the Yakima 2-person tent. Ideally, I'd like to have the tent installed just above the bed on rails like this, instead of up high creating drag and reducing my hybrid's stellar mpgs.
Its likely that it would work, but something you could inquire to the Yakima folks.

There are some other options for bed rail racks. I saw something on the Home Depot site that seems sturdy.
Sponsored

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a FYI if you have existing roun bars and stuff that goes with it, you can buy the replacement bedrock round bar towers https://yakima.com/products/bedrock-tower-w-pad
The bedrock HD tower set clamps are compatible with the round bar towers.

Also now that i have a set of HD tower I might try to design and adapter for the HD towers that will allow the round bars to be removed without removing the towers.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have installed my bed rack using an 1/8" thick 2-1/4" wide rubber strip to keep the bases some what level (from McMaster-Carr - High-Strength Multipurpose Neoprene Sheet with Certificate, 12" x 24", 1/8" Thick 70A Hard). If you don't use a shim/spacer the bases will be tilted inward and you won't be able to attach the towers or they will will attach but be in a bind.

Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket Yakima Rack 1.1

Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket Yakima Rack 2.1

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to shuttle a bike out to my daughter. So I dug around and finally found my old Yakima fork mount bike attachment.

Here it is on my Bedrock.

Round bars! Old Skool baby!
Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket DAC4E4DD-6746-48AA-8AF1-CE488DB8AF3F

Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket 0E2DD917-B2BC-4F78-97C7-0E208F6628F4
Sponsored