HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here’s a couple of pictures of a Yakima Bedrock (round bar) installed on my truck. In the Ford accessories catalog they label it as the low profile rack.

As I had it in the garage I installed it along with the Yakima basket case. I’m not sure on the future usage of the basket case, will need to go on a couple outings to see.
I’ve been hemming and hawing about a cab height rack, but the lower height rack was what I got and we’ll see how fishing rod transport works out.

Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket CDCC6A55-B86C-45DA-A548-9CB8B4BBB8B1

Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket CC7EF463-00C7-40BE-8F11-3E5D3E58640A
Sponsored

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you had this one, not the new one being offered? I have round bars and would like to keep with them.
If the older model, do they clamp on fine, or need adapters like roof top ones do? Going to look for a used set as I wait for my truck.

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you had this one, not the new one being offered? I have round bars and would like to keep with them.
If the older model, do they clamp on fine, or need adapters like roof top ones do? Going to look for a used set as I wait for my truck.
yeah, I had the old ones. Yakima seems to have discontinued most of the round bar attachments so you’ll have to get lucky in the second hand market.

The cross bars has to be at least 58” long. I used a bar that had been trimmed to 55” and it barely protrudes from the clamp.

These clamp on fine, no extra adaptors needed. Of interest is the underside of the bed rail. There seems to be three areas that are reinforced on the underside with a slight depression as a centering point. They are located such that it seems to be ideal for securing the topper to the bed rails. You’ll also have to keep clear of the holes in the bed rails that are used for snapping in the plastic bed rail covering.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a couple of pictures of a Yakima Bedrock (round bar) installed on my truck. In the Ford accessories catalog they label it as the low profile rack.

As I had it in the garage I installed it along with the Yakima basket case. I’m not sure on the future usage of the basket case, will need to go on a couple outings to see.
I’ve been hemming and hawing about a cab height rack, but the lower height rack was what I got and we’ll see how fishing rod transport works out.

CDCC6A55-B86C-45DA-A548-9CB8B4BBB8B1.jpeg

CC7EF463-00C7-40BE-8F11-3E5D3E58640A.jpeg
Could that hold the weight of a deer ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could that hold the weight of a deer ?
Maybe, I would get the higher capcity crossbars (the 86” round bars have 3 times the wall thickness compared to the shorter round bars). The basket case has something like 150# capacity. There are higher capacity cargo traya available from yakima, but heck, make your own platform.

you could build your own using some J bolts and metal tubing (square or round) and on the cheap instead of paying the yakima premium.

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to add…
Here’s an image of the setup with a ski rack for either skis or a fish pole.
I’d move the forward cross bar back 3-4” to go against the rear binding to prevent the ends of the skis contacting the rear window.

for the fish poles, I’d move the whole setup forward a bit.
Ford Maverick Yakima BedRock (low profile bed rack) installed with Yakima basket 7A932B51-B8B6-4A1A-8000-905138FF9ABF

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yikes, that fishing pole rack looks sketchy even with a 2 piece rod. I have a ton of 1 piece rods that I’m still not sure where I’ll put them when I’m not taking the boat, but that rack definitely won’t be an option for me. I’m still hoping I can fit them inside the cab without too much trouble.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, I like the aerodynamics and aesthetics of the low-profile racks. Only thing I would change is have the basket as far forward as possible so its almost touching the glass. That way its definitely out of the airflow, and you can still reach over to grab stuff from the open area of the bed that's not covered.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like it, if it was a little longer it would be good for a hunting dog cage, like they have on the islands.

It would also be super cool if the rear bar had a quick latch and the front bar pivoted so you could swing it up with a kickstand for better bed access.

bringjustn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cruze, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it, if it was a little longer it would be good for a hunting dog cage, like they have on the islands.

It would also be super cool if the rear bar had a quick latch and the front bar pivoted so you could swing it up with a kickstand for better bed access.
Now I want to design that. Or at least a quick release on the bars would be nice to just pull the bars quickly and leave the mounts in place.

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yikes, that fishing pole rack looks sketchy even with a 2 piece rod. I have a ton of 1 piece rods that I’m still not sure where I’ll put them when I’m not taking the boat, but that rack definitely won’t be an option for me. I’m still hoping I can fit them inside the cab without too much trouble.
I just picked up a 11’ 2 piece surf rod. I ain’t grooving the ski rack solution and will likely go the 6” conduit route. The conduit will be about 70” in length and clamp onto the bars with some overhang on the back end. There is an argument for going high with a cab high rack instead.

OP
OP
HiYoAu

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice vintage Atomics...I miss mine
Vintage?

shoot, I’m still trying to get use to this mid length craze. Let me tell you how it was in the day, “180’s for ladies, 210 for men…”. And Marker was best known for their “Explode-a-mats”

yeah, yeah, I know, “Settle down there boomer…”

Last edited:

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if this low-profile bed rack can support the Yakima 2-person tent. Ideally, I'd like to have the tent installed just above the bed on rails like this, instead of up high creating drag and reducing my hybrid's stellar mpgs.
Sponsored