Yakima Medium Profile Bed Rack with Ski Attachment

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
I ordered the Yakima medium profile bed rack from Ford Accessories with the discount available in December. I also added the 36-64" side bars left at the length that came out of the box. I am extremely impressed with the rack and how it is working out in combination with a Yakima ski holder.
Ford Maverick Yakima Medium Profile Bed Rack with Ski Attachment 2S1A9760.JPG

I wasn't sure I made the right choice on the medium height, which doesn't extend above the cab roof, however it has been great as increased wind noise is very minimal. I also prefer the look. I ordered the Rotopax mounts for the side rails, which are just the base mounting plates. I'll still need the actual post mounts from Rotopax.

Ford Maverick Yakima Medium Profile Bed Rack with Ski Attachment 2S1A9780.JPG

In the spring, I think I'm going to add the 2 person Yakima rooftop tent, which seems sized well for the bed rack. The Maverick has been my favorite vehicle so far for skiing. Does great in the snow and I can throw wet boots, etc. in a bin in the bed. My RAM 1500 hasn't been out of the garage much! Love this truck!

Ford Maverick Yakima Medium Profile Bed Rack with Ski Attachment 2S1A9752.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice set up. Can you raise the cross bar hight at all to clear the roof? I use Yakima J-Low kayak holders on my older cross bars.

OP
OP
WVX76

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
Nice set up. Can you raise the cross bar hight at all to clear the roof? I use Yakima J-Low kayak holders on my older cross bars.
This is the medium profile Yakima set up so it isn't adjustable. Yakima does sell an adjustable height rack that in the lowest setting easily clears the cab.

A J type kayak holder might work if I moved the cross bars the six inches or so closer that is possible, but I think it would need to be a fairly short or portly kayak to have enough height to clear the cab. My kayaks are 13 ft or so, so they wouldn't work without a riser or something.

I like the look of the below the cab bars. Helps with wind noise, however probably not the rack for kayaks.

AltoMav221

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid Alto Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is the visibility out the back window with that rack?
Sponsored