Sponsored

Would you Flip your Mav?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
What are they offering?
$31 and $31.5k on $30.8k MSRP. Not nearly as good as some offers I have seen. I guess they don’t care much about added options/packages.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$31 and $31.5k on $30.8k MSRP. Not nearly as good as some offers I have seen. I guess they don’t care much about added options/packages.
Vroom in particular does not seem to understand that XL is base model. They price the XL higher than the XLT.

Rick Ford

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Assuming you already own another working vehicle, would you flip your Mav for a profit? Scenario: I bought my MAV @ Chapman 4% under invoice. I went to the parts department at the local dealer, and while I was waiting the used manager came up and said they would give me 2k over MSRP if I sold my truck.

After doing some quick rough math.
giphy.gif
I would come out with a little over 2k profit after taxes paid.

It's not much, but I'm also on the fence about ordering a Hybrid, instead of sticking with my Ecoboost.

Thoughts?
You know your situation more than anybody else. Do what is best for you. I ordered a Mav on 11/17 but tomorrow I am ordering a full size Bronco, my first preference all along. It looks like delivery is about a year away so that gives me plenty of time to build equity in the Mav, paying more than the minimum payment.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They would have to offer a number with at least two digits before the comma before I thought about it. This is a work truck. I'd be giving up at least 10K in depreciation expenses that I can use to offset income. So unless they're willing to offset that, the answer is no.

I think saying "well, this is a work truck so you have to beat the depreciation I can use to offset income" would end that conversation real quick.

nunezx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota, lexus,hyundai
depends on the options for MY23. rumors of a rattler and tremor version are intriguing.

Sponsored

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming you already own another working vehicle, would you flip your Mav for a profit? Scenario: I bought my MAV @ Chapman 4% under invoice. I went to the parts department at the local dealer, and while I was waiting the used manager came up and said they would give me 2k over MSRP if I sold my truck.

After doing some quick rough math.
giphy.gif
I would come out with a little over 2k profit after taxes paid.

It's not much, but I'm also on the fence about ordering a Hybrid, instead of sticking with my Ecoboost.

Thoughts?
If the offer is still good and you have infinite patience, I’d take it and order a hybrid from Chapman. That’s a $2K gain in real money.

OP
OP
tebowed

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
If the offer is still good and you have infinite patience, I’d take it and order a hybrid from Chapman. That’s a $2K gain in real money.
Started to fall for the Mav, not sure I can sell it now. So I'm selling my family car(van) and waiting till prices fall to buy a newer family car (maybe a Tahoe)

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only for a ridiculous sum. 50k or higher type.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup. I ordered my Bronco in May. Since I had no idea when it would be built, I ordered my Maverick and made a killing selling my Q50. Still don’t have a vin or build date on the Bronco. But I get to drive a brand new Lariat maverick until the Bronco is ready. Just hoping that I do alright on selling the maverick whenever the bronco is ready.
Also carb gray ftw
FEC6140F-A54B-4B32-8E85-2740B3AC4EC1.jpeg
Damn that looks good.

Hey Rambo,
with a picture of you or whoever unloading a gun in your profile did you "really made a killing"?
Dude, you have such bad taste.
What a diverse group of people is this Maverick attracting...
LMFAO, what a f**king sad life you must live being so intolerable of anyone with different opinions than yourself. Get over yourself... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Right? I started eating with my hands 'cuz I heard spoons caused diabetes....
And forks cause heart disease, true story.

Yep certainly a diverse group but hey isn’t that what people want, more diversity.. why the negativity Moriarity?
They "tolerate" everyone as long as they all think the same as they do... (y)

ROFL what an incredibly stupid thing to focus on. Bad taste to be a fan of firearms or have a picture of himself shooting as his profile picture? Calling him Rambo?
Sad people with small minds cannot comprehend that there are people with different opinions than themselves, lol.

Last edited:

Call sign "Slick"

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey Rambo,
with a picture of you or whoever unloading a gun in your profile did you "really made a killing"?
Dude, you have such bad taste.
What a diverse group of people is this Maverick attracting...
Sponsored