kev503

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid, 23 FL5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my first American brand (not counting Tesla). I had multiple imports including Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Nissan, Hyundai/Kia, BMW.

I have to say I didn't order mine, I got lucky and found a 23 XL Hybrid for MSRP (right under 25k). For the price and what it offers, yes, I would definitely buy another one. At 28k for the 24MY, it's still a good value, but will see what options are out there as I don't necessary need a "truck".
Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even if Ford lowered the price to $15k out the door in all 50 states and had every possible color combo/trim level on every dealer lot with no wait times, I wouldn't buy one (if I had to keep it and not sell it).

They simply break down too fast and have too many issues. Mine spent 4 of the 6 months I owned it at the dealer's service department and they still never fully fixed it. I drove an embarrassing 100hp 21mpg 3 cylinder Blue Ecosport POS loaner longer than I did my Maverick after the first ecosport they gave me overheated in 45 degree weather.

The Hybrids are plagued with faulty wire harnesses, drivetrain issues, electrical problems, recalls, etc.

The ecoboosts are a bit more reliable but the only ones I've seen with over 70kish miles so far had to have the transmission replaced/fixed or the axles changed at least once.

%70 of the Mavericks owned by members on this forum would be considered lemons in most states' lemon law text judging by the frequency and consistency of reported problems and issues by members here. It seems every other thread now is "dead battery, dealer replaced battery, car died again a week later with deep sleep mode fordpass app notifications (indicating a parasitic drain caused by a faulty wire harness that the dealer techs don't know how to trace and fix so they just keep replacing your battery)".

Last edited:

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yuuuuup!

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes.

There is still zero competition for the Ford Maverick Hybrid.

I love the high mpg (avg about 38-39) with the upgraded AT tires (Falken Wildpeak Trails in 225/65/17).

I am very eager for the new Toyota Stout Hybrid
(Or whatever Toyota releases to compete).
Would love the reliability known for Toyotas versus Ford.

All the Ford recalls so far and random check engine lights are luckily all non critical issues.

However, if there was a serious issue or critical recall, I would be left up the creek from Ford Service with smiles on their face and their middle fingers happily waving at me.

Timely service from any Ford dealer in my area does not exist (San Antonio, TX area).
I have tried so many times with multiple Ford dealers and just gave up.

Despite my attempts to get the recalls done and check engine light diagnosed, none are done and there is no ETA at all.

So, a Ford warranty or extended warranty is effectively useless since I can't use it, even for the recalls.

Knowing all this, I still love my Maverick Hybrid.
2022 Hybrid with almost 42,000 miles.

But, I can't wait to see the new Toyota truck for a possible swap.
If Toyota is similar (hybrid, around 40mpg, maybe AWD or not), then I'm switching.
Move to Japan, you'll get one sooner.

Sponsored

XL Hybrid Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toyota is not perfect either. Check out the rav4 hybrid cable corrosion issue.
True.

I know every vehicle manufacturer will have their own issues.

Having multiple issues so far with my Maverick (5 recalls and check engine light once a week); just "lucky" the vehicle still runs.

A critical event causing the vehicle to fail will 100% leave me stranded and hostage of the dealer for months and months.

IF, a big if, the Ford Service was timely and I knew my warranty could be used, or a recall would take a few days with a loner provided....then I would absolutely LOVE it; no worry at all.

Knowing this/experiencing this already, I am willing to take a chance with Toyota.

I love my Hybrid Maverick, but I don't see it making a 100k miles.

Serious question, how does everyone else afford to get the recalls done or any warranty work?
Have a spare vehicle you can use for the likely 3-6 weeks recall repair estimate, per recall?
Waiting on parts for unknown forever?
Pay out of pocket for a rental car for an unknown time?

Seriously, I might be too poor to afford the cost using Fords warranty or free recalls.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely yes. It’s perfect for my needs.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True.

I know every vehicle manufacturer will have their own issues.

Having multiple issues so far with my Maverick (5 recalls and check engine light once a week); just "lucky" the vehicle still runs.

A critical event causing the vehicle to fail will 100% leave me stranded and hostage of the dealer for months and months.

IF, a big if, the Ford Service was timely and I knew my warranty could be used, or a recall would take a few days with a loner provided....then I would absolutely LOVE it; no worry at all.

Knowing this/experiencing this already, I am willing to take a chance with Toyota.

I love my Hybrid Maverick, but I don't see it making a 100k miles.

Serious question, how does everyone else afford to get the recalls done or any warranty work?
Have a spare vehicle you can use for the likely 3-6 weeks recall repair estimate, per recall?
Waiting on parts for unknown forever?
Pay out of pocket for a rental car for an unknown time?

Seriously, I might be too poor to afford the cost using Fords warranty or free recalls.
I'm also on a rav4 forum so I hear about a lot of issues there too. Just pointing it out for the sake of perspective. It sounds like you have gotten a raw deal here. Def sorry to hear that.

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was just wondering with all the negative threads about a Maverick hybrids That if you have one or own one would you buy a hybrid again yes or no ?
Absolutely, I’ve had no issues and enjoy driving a truck that gets great mileage.
Sponsored