Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Want to recline your front seats to get a few ZZZ's at a rest stop on a road trip? Can't do that with a 2 door short cab.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I want them to build a limited number say 10 or 15,000 of em. They would all get bigger sway bars, better shock. 1/2" front 3/4" rear drop, bigger intercooler, redesigned bumpers, classic "Grabber" hood inlets, reprogrammed engine management with track mode, 290hp/290tq, and the BS Badlands rear drive unit. Sell em as specialty vehicle start at $34k with comfort/convience/tech/appeareance options up to $42k. They will sell like.... well Lightning.

Then 2 years later they put all that on the 4 dr and drop the 2dr another year later. But car guys who are currently in diapers will look back at that sweet 3 year period when they are in their 40s and they will need their diapers again when they see one pop up Craigsvirtuallist.

Reactions: Guv

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Done, yes, yesterday!😉

Sponsored

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Lump lump

100% yes if they went with a column shifter (got rid of the dial) and had a 3 seat bench in the front.

It would only be a bonus if the truck was slightly wider too. Plus more payload? I'm asking for too much

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Lump lump

100% yes if they went with a column shifter (got rid of the dial) and had a 3 seat bench in the front.

It would only be a bonus if the truck was slightly wider too. Plus more payload? I'm asking for too much
You are asking for a single cab f150.....

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ranchero’s and El Camino’s didn’t have a separate bed.
And any comparison to a rabbit pu is silly.
Ranchero and El Camino were full size cars. VW pickup is much inline with size of Maverick, and in 2 door format it looks like an updated VW pickup.

I believe if people would have seen a 2 door Maverick in person like the initiating photo with absolutely no Ford or Maverick badging, many people would think VW was coming out with a new pickup before they would have said, I bet that's the new Chevy El Camino.

And with the new Ford Ranger/VW Amarok partnership, it's not even out of line for their to be a VW pickup based on the Maverick in the future.

Sorry to disagree with you. I don't think my opinion is silly at all. I'm a genius in my own mind like everyone else on the internet.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Ranchero and El Camino were full size cars. VW pickup is much inline with size of Maverick, and in 2 door format it looks like an updated VW pickup.

I believe if people would have seen a 2 door Maverick in person like the initiating photo with absolutely no Ford or Maverick badging, many people would think VW was coming out with a new pickup before they would have said, I bet that's the new Chevy El Camino.

And with the new Ford Ranger/VW Amarok partnership, it's not even out of line for their to be a VW pickup based on the Maverick in the future.

Sorry to disagree with you. I don't think my opinion is silly at all. I'm a genius in my own mind like everyone else on the internet.
Did not mean to imply you were silly.
The only sorta full-size Rancheros were the ones 57, 58 and 59.
The most beloved models are the compact Falcon Rancheros. After that, the mid-size Frairlane/Torino was the model it was based on.
In the 70’s the Ford Maverick was the direct descendant of the Falcon, so………

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Want to recline your front seats to get a few ZZZ's at a rest stop on a road trip? Can't do that with a 2 door short cab.
It would have to be a Super Cab. In my '95 Ranger I could store stuff, recline the seats, and there were a couple of fold down jump seats if ever needed.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would buy a regular cab Hybrid for sure. I'm only ordering the crew cab because a regular cab is not available. RCLB would make a better road trip/camper vehicle for me and my wife.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Extended cab with a 5.5' bed would work too, while leaving extra room behind the front seats. I loved the regular cab on my 2013. It had enough room for airport rollaway bags behind each seat, and a 16"x16" cooler behind the armrest. Perfect for 2 people traveling.
Ford Maverick Would anyone get a 2 door if available? 13F150at store
Sponsored